Vista RC1 Public Version

Why sometimes when I click to download using either the download manager or IE to download, it downloads a 1-7kb corrupt iso file? After trying about 10times, it finally is downloading the 2.52gb version

Yes.

Also, I can't find a link to get a CD Key. :(

Reading is powerful, my friend ;)

The final major pre-release of Windows Vista?Release Candidate 1 (RC1)?is now available for priority access by Customer Preview Program (CPP) participants onIf you registered for this program in June, please look for a recent e-mail message from Microsoft (sent in early September) with information regarding RC1. If you are not registered but would like to receive Windows Vista RC1, the CPP will open to new participants in the coming weeks. Please check this site periodically for updates.

Linkage

i've read the pages quite a few times... all i see is "If you are not registered but would like to receive Windows Vista RC1, the CPP will open to new participants in the coming weeks.". so i HAVE to ask: WHERE are you guys getting CD-Keys for this (officially... not using other people's CD keys)?

lol

If you use this site and don't have a Beta 2 key you won't get one. You have to register first.

Register at www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

Also 2007 Beta 2 TR is also out. It says only the Refresh will work with RC1. The link is on the above site.

I know that your talking about the 2007 Office System beta 2 TR.... An just to let you know that it's not out yet. So therefore it won't work on windows vista RC1 :p

850 kb/s here, done in another 43 minutes.

Asked 20 times I see but I'll throw it in again. If I don't receive my email by the time its done and I repartition, my Beta 2 key, yes I registered in June and activated and its my legit key, is my RC1 key ?

850 kb/s here, done in another 43 minutes.

Asked 20 times I see but I'll throw it in again. If I don't receive my email by the time its done and I repartition, my Beta 2 key, yes I registered in June and activated and its my legit key, is my RC1 key ?

It will work.

If you use this site and don't have a Beta 2 key you won't get one. You have to register first.

Register at www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

Also 2007 Beta 2 TR is also out. It says only the Refresh will work with RC1. The link is on the above site.

can someone verify that Office 2007 TR is out?

i'm at work, so i remotly accessed my PC at home and started the download so it'll be done when i'm home:), i'm getting roughly 600kbps

Ok, so a while back I signed up for the 'Vista Beta Experience'.

I never downloaded Beta 2, but I just went back to my email that told me that the Beta was ready and clicked on the given link. I was taken to a page titled "Windows Vista RC1" with a form for various information (name, profression, areas of interest, etc). I filled out both pages, but then i got a 'server not found' for om4.one.microsoft.com

Is it just down from heavy usage, or is this not the link I should be following?

Is it just down from heavy usage, or is this not the link I should be following?

I'd bet heavily on, well, heavy usage indeed being the cause of your connection issue.

I wish there was a torrent for this. Oh well. I'll download it anyways through the download manager on MS site. Used that for Beta 2 with no problems.

Have not got my e-mail about it yet but I do have mine from Beta 2 so I am just going to use it. I wish I was at home so i could start my DL.

For those that are looking for keys, as stated here before there will be no new keys issued until next week or the following when cpp opens to the public again. for now use beta 2 keys if you have them.

If you lost your key there is a way to find them back on MS servers and I cannot remember now but if you signed up for cpp for vista or any other ms beta programs then there is a page that shows what betas you are signed up for and then will give you keys to them. I have not been to that page in a while but I know it is there as I lost my office 2007 key and found in my account info online. it is possible that as I am in the IT world and am signed up for techbeta and all other beta programs with MS this was there but I am pretty sure it was on one of the new live sites so look around and you may find somthing. I will let you know if I find where to check you beta accounts. sorry if that did not help much

Edit**I believe the site is http://connect.microsoft.com

Edited by ColdRacerX

I'd bet heavily on, well, heavy usage indeed being the cause of your connection issue.

My brain has been deciphering sql and java for the last 6 hours...my proficiency in the english language has suffered a significant degradation as a result of this exertion.

wait, what?

For those that are looking for keys, as stated here before there will be no new keys issued until next week or the following when cpp opens to the public again. for now use beta 2 keys if you have them.

If you lost your key there is a way to find them back on MS servers and I cannot remember now but if you signed up for cpp for vista or any other ms beta programs then there is a page that shows what betas you are signed up for and then will give you keys to them. I have not been to that page in a while but I know it is there as I lost my office 2007 key and found in my account info online. it is possible that as I am in the IT world and am signed up for techbeta and all other beta programs with MS this was there but I am pretty sure it was on one of the new live sites so look around and you may find somthing. I will let you know if I find where to check you beta accounts. sorry if that did not help much

Edit**I believe the site is http://connect.microsoft.com

First off, Office 2007 is found on Beta Place, not Connect. If you are not in the Vista Tech Beta you cannot go to Connect to find a key.

The CPP Program is not on MS Servers. It is contracted out. That is why the download site does not use an MS downloadload Manager.

I wish there was a torrent for this. Oh well. I'll download it anyways through the download manager on MS site. Used that for Beta 2 with no problems.

If you look hard enough... :whistle:

Did anyone have a problem installing drivers for Sound Blaster Live 24Bit with RC1 x64? It was such a pain to get it to work on Beta2 and I still didn't ever get my 5.1 to work. Front Center Sub but no back speakers. Oh and also i did go get the driver from Creative.

Mmm... I wonder if they have removed the stupid 512MB Ram restriction...

yay 955KB/s...

Can't seem to find Office 2007 B2TR