Vista RC1 Public Version

I couldn't get the Download Manager to work (Downloaded a 900kb file), and I couldn't get the direct download to work (Both downloads hanged at 33%, then wouldn't restart), so I want to give torrent a try. Am I allowed to ask for a torrent like last time or is this now against the rules? It was my understanding that Microsoft didn't approve of the torrent last time just to make a message that it wasn't official and they don't support torrents, but they were happy to turn a blind eye.

Now downloading...

I'm using FreeDownloadManager to get it :)

Well i'm no computer know it all, so im gonna ask a newbish question since this can affect me greatly.

I'm using a USB modem for my ADSL connection (so it needs a driver to work) i'm right now using WinXP x64 with no problems, so my question is.. will the same 64bit I use right now work with x64 vista?

Hey Guys I can use the Windows Vista Beta 2 Key? because i don't know where to get a new for the rc1 haha

Please tell me if i can use the same Key :) Thanks!!!

Anyone got a spare Beta 2 key..Pretty Please. :cry: ...

Edit: NVM..Just realised I can get a key through MSDN...Wooo..Got a key!

Edited by chast

Yes, the Beta 2 key will work just fine.

Right On!!! Thanks! i will buy a dvd later because its 12:45 am on m?xico lol... i will buy it later :rofl:: that's why always i keep microsoft mails xD i didn't remember that i have wvb2 key on my mail hehe

Off-top... some one know where i can get driver for a Lexmark x73 because i didn't find it the last time when i installed wvb2 i would appreciate help:)) Cheers! :cool::

Microsoft wants me to install Office 2007 Tech refresh along with RC1, but they wanna charge me $1.50 for the download of the Office tech refresh. Is anybody else getting this message on the Office download page?

Tati ;)

Argh, damn it. I downloaded the 32-bit ISO about 2 hours ago and burnt it. Both finished 100%. I just started to install it, and it gets about a quarter of the way of 'Expanding files' and it dies with the error that some files may be corrupt or damaged.

There goes 2.5GB down the drain... will try later.

Has anyone else had this issue? :pinch:

Argh, damn it. I downloaded the 32-bit ISO about 2 hours ago and burnt it. Both finished 100%. I just started to install it, and it gets about a quarter of the way of 'Expanding files' and it dies with the error that some files may be corrupt or damaged.

I had this with Pre-RC1 (5536)

Try burning the DVD again :yes:

Check the MD5 hash of the file. Your ISO may be corrupt.

I haven't got the email or have seen any indication that they are going to send one. Is there somewhere where I can request for it? Even though I haven't finished my download just yet, I still would like to be prepared.

PSG22?

I haven't got the email or have seen any indication that they are going to send one. Is there somewhere where I can request for it? Even though I haven't finished my download just yet, I still would like to be prepared.

PSG22?

To get an e-mail you had to register for the Beta 2 CPP. The e-mail will be sent to the e-mail you used to register for the Beta 2 CPP. Your key will be in the e-mail.

Heh, screw waiting for the email. I downloaded it on Saturday and luckily saved my Beta 2 email. :)

Nice build I must say. It installed fine and is running smooth as silk for me. I've got all my devices installed and have experienced no crashes or slow downs. A big improvement over Beta 2.

ok I have no clue where to find a key :(

could someone plz help, I went to the customer preview page to register but couldn't find anything realting to registering on that page or in any of the links on that page.

Thx!

Why does the downloader & direct browser download only d/l 907 bytes & say it is finished? I can't download the full ISO file.

Mine did the same thing. I had to shut down and restart my computer. I think it is something in the Download Mannager that needs the shutdown to get configured the right way.

Rather impressed.. I must say.

Burnt the ISO at 16x, installed without a hitch - much faster than Beta 2 installation too.

Detected all my hardware - only had to install the creative beta soundblaster drivers.

Couldn't get it to pick up my network with Beta 2, and as a result - was unable to use the net, working straight out the tin on RC1. It's much smoother too.

I can only hope that RC2 keeps up this trend!

I can dual boot this right..

Like atm I have a XP Pro installed.. Can I just make a small partition and install it there ?

Yes you can but make sure it is a 15GB Partition