UK Football- the intellects choice!

Todaygrand slam sunday proved it was the best sport.

yeah i am well aware many will lok and thin only 2 goals-rubbish!!

i woulkd disagree completely.; i was thoroughly entertained. Liverpool had tonnes of chances to make a crikcket score in the first game and the second game was ridlled with fanatsic football and a dramatic finale. P.S: a terrible result for Spurs!!

Me thinks fat richard has been on the pop. Or he is **** at spelling :laugh:

Anyway, football is played by overpaid nancyboys (the premiership anyway)

Chavs???? what a load of crap!!!

anyway its still the best sport despite the social caliber of alot of its players. a Sport isnt a bad Sport because of the people that play it. Football could be played by a bunch of Nazi's and if they played it well it would still be beautiful to watch.

people must be f*k*n retaded if you dont think football is the best sport in the world. why would it be teh most popular. har does that not cross ur retarded brains. so wat if its played by nancy boys and one for all its not. r u callin vinny jones greham sounes a nancy boy? id like to c u say it to there face and id like to c ur face after coz i can guarantee that it will not look the same.

Im a city fan (man city that is the only city) were s*** but that doesnt mean that footballs bad i have felt a wide range of emotions following my team. the lows of getting relegated from the premiership and division 1 and the euphoria of cumin from 2-0 down in the division 2 playoff final in the last 5 mins at wembley with dickove scoring the wonder goal that took it to penaltys. winnig against spurs when were 3-0 down at half time a man down with barton sent off and analka (our best player at the time) had gone off injured. when john makern scored the winning header in injury time it was such a good feeling. SO DONT U FU**N DAR SAY THAT FOOTBALL IS THE NUMBER 1 SPORT COZ IF YOU DO IT HOWS THAT U R A SUBMNORMAL RETARD!!!!!!!!!. what would be the best sport. american football no, y coz its CRAP

END OF STORY!!!!!!!!

jst like to saw that i missd a word out i ment that if you dare say thta football is NOT the best sport in the world then ur a subnormal retard

Just to add to Tom's point...

Champions League Final 2005. Liverpool are 3-0 down to AC Milan at half time, as the Liverpool players come out for the second half the Liverpool fans are singing You'll Never Walk Alone, Liverpool then go on to win the European Cup for the fifth time.

If anyone who watched that match can tell me that was not a magical night, then there is something wrong with them.

Thugs beating each other up.

Players attacking each other.

Players and managers getting paid far too much money and abusing the game.

Nail hit firmly on the head. It may have been a tactical game at the start, but all these incidents are clouding it. As far as im concerned only the players themselves care about tactics. The fans, yelling racist comments from the stands...thats another story.

at the end of da day. football is the greates sport in the world and no other can come close. END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!

I see great things from you.

I love football. I try to play it as much as possible with my friends. I personally think that it is the greatest sport but if you were to say something along the lines of

SO DONT U FU**N DAR SAY THAT FOOTBALL IS THE NUMBER 1 SPORT COZ IF YOU DO IT HOWS THAT U R A SUBMNORMAL RETARD!!!!!!!!!.

That's not good is it really...

people must be f*k*n retaded if you dont think football is the best sport in the world. why would it be teh most popular. har does that not cross ur retarded brains. so wat if its played by nancy boys and one for all its not. r u callin vinny jones greham sounes a nancy boy? id like to c u say it to there face and id like to c ur face after coz i can guarantee that it will not look the same.

Im a city fan (man city that is the only city) were s*** but that doesnt mean that footballs bad i have felt a wide range of emotions following my team. the lows of getting relegated from the premiership and division 1 and the euphoria of cumin from 2-0 down in the division 2 playoff final in the last 5 mins at wembley with dickove scoring the wonder goal that took it to penaltys. winnig against spurs when were 3-0 down at half time a man down with barton sent off and analka (our best player at the time) had gone off injured. when john makern scored the winning header in injury time it was such a good feeling. SO DONT U FU**N DAR SAY THAT FOOTBALL IS THE NUMBER 1 SPORT COZ IF YOU DO IT HOWS THAT U R A SUBMNORMAL RETARD!!!!!!!!!. what would be the best sport. american football no, y coz its CRAP

END OF STORY!!!!!!!!

jst like to saw that i missd a word out i ment that if you dare say thta football is NOT the best sport in the world then ur a subnormal retard

good 1 martyn these ppl who say that football is not the best sport dont know there arse from there elbows

These words come from a true football fan, i rest my case.

as much as i agree with ur statements Tom Barlow did you have to mention the Man city-Spurs game.

that day makes me very :cry:

probably the worst day of my Football supporting life. my mate texted me at half-time saying "i'll book the tickets to Old Trafford" (as we had Man Utd in the next game). Then it all went wrong.

Spurs to batter Liverpool tomorrow :D

a slight error in judgement.

well if Jenas had of scored then u never know what might have happened. i know we have what it takes to beat the great teams- all we need to do is put the ball in back in the net.

my depression now is nothing compared to man city 4-3 however!!

a slight error in judgement.

well if Jenas had of scored then u never know what might have happened. i know we have what it takes to beat the great teams- all we need to do is put the ball in back in the net.

my depression now is nothing compared to man city 4-3 however!!

Slight :whistle:...:p.

The fact is, Jenas never scored. I could just say the same about Liverpool. If we took every single chance we had we would of won the league for the last ten seasons! If Kewell never got injured in Istanbul, and Smicer never took his place, would Liverpool have still drew 3-3 with AC Milan and went on to win the Champions League? :blink:

If if if.

people must be f*k*n retaded if you dont think football is the best sport in the world. why would it be teh most popular. har does that not cross ur retarded brains.

The reason Soccer is the most popular is the fact that you only need a ball to play the game. The poorest of the poor and richest of the rich can play. It can be played on sand, grass, dirt, etc...It requires no other equipment such as pads, goals, ice, sticks, helmets, rims, or whatever else. Its the simplest sport in the world to organize. Just a ball and people. Anyone can play....Thats why it is so popular.

I do love to watch Soccer though...but its NOT a contact sport. It has as much contact as Baseball, and I don't consider that to be a contact sport either. It is a beautiful game to watch (at times), but other games are just as if not more beautiful to watch.

Regards,

Ignorant American

But you are a bum :p?

No, i just dont have a job :p

END OF STORY!!!!!!!!

:laugh: I find it slightly immature when somebody says things like this, oh well, I guess thats football for you.

i think Martyns point about the whole Champions League Final in 2005 sums it up...or the comeback or Liverpool to Luton, or what about Middlesbrough in the Uefa cup last year?

Those were some amazing times to be watching the beautiful game,

i agree that it has been clouded by divers, cheats etc, but every once in a while, you see games that just amaze you, you can see why it is called the beautiful game

oh yeah, not to mention the Fa Cup 2006 :)

YNWA :p

The reason Soccer is the most popular is the fact that you only need a ball to play the game. The poorest of the poor and richest of the rich can play. It can be played on sand, grass, dirt, etc...It requires no other equipment such as pads, goals, ice, sticks, helmets, rims, or whatever else. Its the simplest sport in the world to organize. Just a ball and people. Anyone can play....Thats why it is so popular.

I do love to watch Soccer though...but its NOT a contact sport. It has as much contact as Baseball, and I don't consider that to be a contact sport either. It is a beautiful game to watch (at times), but other games are just as if not more beautiful to watch.

Regards,

Ignorant American

A) its football. Not soccer!!!!

B) as much contact as Baseball???? VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY WRONG.

i bet Pedro Mendes disagrees.

Just to add to Tom's point...

Champions League Final 2005. Liverpool are 3-0 down to AC Milan at half time, as the Liverpool players come out for the second half the Liverpool fans are singing You'll Never Walk Alone, Liverpool then go on to win the European Cup for the fifth time.

If anyone who watched that match can tell me that was not a magical night, then there is something wrong with them.

Sounds a bit like the Yankees-Red Sox playoff series in 2004...

In 2004, the Red Sox won the season series against the Yankees, but still finished second to their rivals in the AL East for the seventh straight season. Both teams would advance to the ALCS, for the second straight year.

The Yankees, who had home field advantage for the second year in a row, started out strong, winning the first three games, and putting an exclamation point on their Game 3 victory with an eleven run win. Most observers believed that "the Curse of the Bambino" was still going strong, as no team had ever come from being three games down to win any series in the history of baseball. Everything seemed to be going the Yankees' way entering the ninth inning of Game 4 at Fenway, when Mariano Rivera came in to seal the victory with his team up by a run, three outs away from a sweep. However, he walked leadoff batter Kevin Millar. Pinch-runner Dave Roberts stole second and came around to score on an RBI single by Bill Mueller, tying the game. The Red Sox would go on to win the game in the bottom of the 12th inning with a home run by David Ortiz.

From there, the Red Sox went on to win three more games in a row, winning Game 7 at Yankee Stadium by seven runs. This was the first time in baseball that team had come back from a 0-3 deficit in a best of seven series, though it has been accomplished twice in the National Hockey League. After having finally achieved a major and historic victory over the Yankees, the 2004 World Series seemed almost pedestrian and anticlimactic, with the Red Sox over-powering the St. Louis Cardinals in four games for their first World Series crown in 86 years.

Liverpool were practically nonexistant in the first half (it looked that they were going to inevitably lose 3-0, or more if they carried on playing like they were). They came out the 2nd half a completely different team.

Liverpool were practically nonexistant in the first half (it looked that they were going to inevitably lose 3-0, or more if they carried on playing like they were). They came out the 2nd half a completely different team.

I saw the game, and I agree it was a sporting marvel. However, I'm arguing that these kind of amazing comebacks don't just occur in football, which seemed to be part of Martyns point.

Alot of sports have their good side / bad sides.

I would never spout that football is the best ever sport in the world though. It clearly isn't as each person has their own preference to what they choose to like.

I love football yes, it's part of me and the main reason being is this city I live in is based around the sport. Alot of people will support Everton or Liverpool, I myself took Liverpool. but as I've grown up football has evolved and theirs alot of things which I don't like inside the game to make it a great sport, one thing football isn't is fair and this wasn't the case years back. But now the 'beautiful' game has alot of corrupt things happening that it's a bit of a downer situation.

But don't get me wrong it is an amazing sport and I will always follow Liverpool till I die. But there's a few things that need to be sorted out.

I like some aspects of how american sports are they seem very well organised and if we could implement some of those ideas then it'd be much better. i.e 2 referees.