UEFA Champions League Thread

UEFA Champions League 2006-07  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the UEFA Champions League 2006-07?

• Barcelona
    • Chelsea
    • Bayern Munich
    • Liverpool
    • Real Madrid
    • Manchester United
    • Arsenal
    • AC Milan
    • FC Porto
    • Celtic
  2. 2. Who will be the top goal scorer?

• Thierry Henry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Andriy Shevchenko
    • Ronaldinho
    • Kaka
    • Klose
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Ronaldo
    • Lionel Messi

Well we are the "away" team due to the draw, so Milan got to pick what kit they would like to wear. They chose white, which means we can play in red :).

chelsea can eat it.......apparently barcelona wants to buy some big players from chelsea, including lampard and terry, so hopefully that goes through..

and i think the biggest thing about this final is also that Paolo Maldini, if he plays, will be playing for the 8th time in the final. not too many teams in the world have players like that, that have played with the team for so many years.

Edited by stevan

ne chance of getting that sig martyn with Sharpy on it? start up a red sig army!

Nah sorry Sharpy...this one is just for me :shiftyninja:

It is much more rewarding when you make your own anyway!

Just testing how my new sig looks.

Dude, if I remember right, your sig is too big. And features the wrong team.

I like the signature.

Kaka is definitely the best player in the world right now! Mascherano should have him in his back pocket though come Athens!

Just testing how my new sig looks.

It's nice but maybe a bit big on the size lets hope a mod don't see...

Gattuso delivers Liverpool taunt

AC Milan's Gattuso is vowing Champions League revenge on Liverpool

AC Milan midfielder Rino Gattuso has launched a stinging attack on Liverpool's "long ball" tactics ahead of the Champions League final.

Gattuso, 29, who played in the 2005 final defeat in Istanbul, dismissed Liverpool as an inferior side to semi-final opponents Manchester United.

He said: "I feel there is a noticeable difference in talent between Manchester United and Liverpool.

"Liverpool are like an Italian team of 10 years ago. Every ball a long ball."

He added: "All they try to do is defend with everybody behind the ball and one striker.''

Gattuso seems to have just delivered Liverpool's team talk for the final!

"United have far more technical players, who are quick and able to do things on the ball. Liverpool do not have those individuals."

And Gattuso set his sights on revenge for 2005, when Liverpool came from 3-0 down at half-time to win on penalties.

He said: "This final will be different - that I promise. It is important to put the record straight."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6623117.stm

Gattuso is on a revenge mission using the same old tactic as Mourinho. He's obviously still upset after the last final, understandably so... But just to clear this up. It does not work Gattuso.

This current Milan team, in this form, ha, Liverpool wont stand a chance.

That is what was said last time and we all remember what happened in a little place called Istanbul...

This current Milan team, in this form, ha, Liverpool wont stand a chance.

Liverpool did not stand a chance against Barcelona, Chelsea (twice), Juventus and AC Milan last time...and we all know what happened in those games.

Ha ha!

The team that wear the kit which has the majority covering it's surface area in red will win the champions league 2006-2007.

I for one can see AC Milan winning the champions league this year. don't matter what anyone says in 05 Liverpool were lucky to win it. Milan controlled the game for 110 minutes, had a dodgy 10 mins and they lost it on pens. Watching AC on wednesday night playing the way they did was a great joy. Remembering that they played the best team in the country (The Premiership table will prove that) but yet rolled them over like they were some pub team. I cannot see one Liverpool defender stopping Kaka on 23rd of May if he plays anything like he did on wednesday night.

:( using photoshop for me, is like impossible! ah well, ill give it a go sometime when i cba!

Right...I managed to put a few together for you Sharpy to show your love! Anyone else should feel free to use it as well, to help takeover Neowin :p! So use them everyone!!

champsleaguefinalua1.jpg

champsleaguefinal1nd4.jpg

You'll Never Walk Alone

yay ;) :woot: much love for you! hahaha

oh btw, check out the video my mate got of me and another mates reactions during the last penalty...me (in liverpool shirt of course) my mate is the Chelsea fan...

• 2 weeks later...