UEFA Champions League Thread

UEFA Champions League 2006-07  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the UEFA Champions League 2006-07?

• Barcelona
    • Chelsea
    • Bayern Munich
    • Liverpool
    • Real Madrid
    • Manchester United
    • Arsenal
    • AC Milan
    • FC Porto
    • Celtic
  2. 2. Who will be the top goal scorer?

• Thierry Henry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Andriy Shevchenko
    • Ronaldinho
    • Kaka
    • Klose
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Ronaldo
    • Lionel Messi

Congratulations to Liverpool. They thouroughly deserved to go through. Hopefully United will see you in Athens.

Well, I can see United going through, and in the final it will either be Liverpool on penalties, or 2-0 to United.

Does the height of a keeper have any relation to his ability as a shot-stopper? Tall keepers like Cech and Van Der Sar aren't very good at saving penalties, while shorter ones such as Reina, Dudek, Kuszczak etc. are very good at it.

SO glad Liverpool won.

Well deserved. I put ?10 on them winning the whole thing before the game.

I'm also SO glad that ****** Robben missed, serious hate for that guy and his diving and whining.

GET THE ********************************** IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW I FEEL

THAT WAS TORTURE

WE ARE GOING TO ATHENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH CAMPIONEEEEEE!!

THAT WAS TORTURE

WE ARE GOING TO ATHENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can so not better than that... Come on you reds!

Dude Martyn, what are you trying to say? Don't hold back let us know how you feel.

THAT WAS TORTURE

+ 1!!!

i was in pub with 20 of my mates, im the only one that supports football, so i sat with 5 liverpool supporters, when a mate walked in...supporting chelsea!!! needless to say he got vocal abuse!

HAHAHA

IM SO ****ING HAPPY!!!!

ATHENS HERE WE GO!!!

shame we had to really beat them twice ;) never offside :p

WE DID IT MARTYN WE REALLY DID IT!!!! ALMOST TIME TO ADD ANOTHER STAR ABOVE OUR CREST!!!!

My mates gonna have to get some new badges made up, and get rid of the 5 star ones very quickly

btw, i saw a video on youtube ages ago of Anfield atmosphere in champs league last year i think, i was gonna record the sound and set it as my ringtone tonight, but i cant find the video?! anyone know what its called on Youtube?

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IM AFTER! THANKYOU WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ATHENS!!!!

anyone know how i can extract the sound from that video?

Edited by sharpy2k4

THAT WAS TORTURE

Hell Yeah. Im a Liverpool fan and i am so happy and proud of the players tonight. Even if we lost on the penalties i would have been still proud of how Liverpool contained Chelsea and were far better and had the better chances (plus a genuine goal disallowed). Doesn't Chelsea fans get sick of Mourinho's comments which are just crap after crap coming out of his mouth. Chelsea were best team he says?? what game was he watching.... :laugh:

Go Liverpool for a 6th!!!!!!! You can do it!!!!!! :woot:

THAT WAS TORTURE

+1

PEPE THE HERO!!! that game was agony for me, i could stay still. Kuyt having two huge chances i almost died watching it. And wow jose for saying your team was the only team trying to win. crybaby. martyn i am sure you were jumping when you saw fowler get on the field hoping he would take a kick!

Edited by rajputwarrior

In all honesty, this was a crappy game. I guess I was expecting much more from both teams, especially Chelsea. But really, this game had no excitement, barring 2 or 3 plays.

I guess that is what happens when you get teams from the same country playing each other in a tournament like this. Tomorrow's match will surely be much more entertaining than what I witnessed today.

I thought it was an exciting match L3thal, or at least it was to me, other people might of found it boring though if they where a neutral. It was heart attack stuff all the way through for me though :D!

He he yeah the only thing I was not happy about was that Robbie did not get the winning penalty, he was pencilled in for number 5 and we only needed 4 :p!