UEFA Champions League Thread

UEFA Champions League 2006-07  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the UEFA Champions League 2006-07?

• Barcelona
    • Chelsea
    • Bayern Munich
    • Liverpool
    • Real Madrid
    • Manchester United
    • Arsenal
    • AC Milan
    • FC Porto
    • Celtic
  2. 2. Who will be the top goal scorer?

• Thierry Henry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Andriy Shevchenko
    • Ronaldinho
    • Kaka
    • Klose
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Ronaldo
    • Lionel Messi

Liverpool FC's heroic goalkeeper Pepe Reina was burgled on Tuesday night as he was helping send the club through to the Champions League final.

The 24-year-old Spaniard saved two out of three spot kicks in a penalty shoot-out against Chelsea at Anfield.

But he returned from celebrating the win in the early hours of Wednesday to find his home in Woolton, Liverpool, had been ransacked.

A number of high value items and the player's Porsche Cayenne was taken.

:(

Dispicable the people that did that to our Pepe. The items can be replaced though...footballers need better security though as they are getting robbed recently.

This is more saddening...

Police have confirmed those on board a helicopter, believed to be carrying a wealthy Chelsea supporter, have been killed in a crash.

For more on this story visit Sky News

The helicopter took off from Liverpool's John Lennon airport following Tuesday night's UEFA Champions League clash between Liverpool and Chelsea.

The Twin Squirrel helicopter was heading to a private landing site near Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, when it vanished from radar.

Although police are refusing to confirm the passenger manifest, Chelsea's honorary vice-president Phillip Carter is believed to have been on board.

The helicopter wreckage was found in Wansford, Cambridgeshire.

The incident stirs memories of the October 1996 crash which killed Chelsea's vice-chairman Matthew Harding and four other men as they returned from a Coca-Cola Cup tie with Bolton Wanderers.

Yeah I saw that on the news...it doesnt matter how much a game of football brings out passions death is something that brings everyone together :(

It does remind me of the day Harding died...I was really young then :(

Reina's house ransacked during victory

The home of Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina was burgled last night while he played in last night's Champions League semi-final against Chelsea.

The Spaniard booked Liverpool's place in the final by saving two out of three penalties in a shoot-out.

He returned from the celebrations at 12.45am to find that his home in Woolton, Liverpool, had been ransacked.

Jewellery, a Bang and Olufsen entertainment system, personal documents and a grey Porsche Cayenne with Spanish number plates were taken.

The Porsche was found burnt out in the West Derby area of Liverpool at 6.30am, according to Merseyside Police.

Reina did not want to comment.

The burglary follows a trend of footballers' homes being targeted, often when they are playing matches.

The Merseyside home of Jerzy Dudek, Liverpool's goalkeeper from the 2005 Champions League final penalty shoot-out, was burgled in June 2006.

He was on holiday in Poland when thieves took his Porsche car, jewellery and football memorabilia, including his European Cup medal.

Daniel Agger, who scored for Liverpool last night, had his Wirral home burgled in September last year.

Reds striker Peter Crouch's house in Alderley Edge was targeted in the same month while he was on England duty.

Everton winger Andy van der Meyde was burgled twice last year, including one raid in which his pedigree puppy was taken.

Wayne Rooney also lost memorabilia, including his BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year trophy, when his parents' Liverpool home was burgled in July 2006.

How bad is tis?

i'm surprised more footballers arent burgled, after all its not hard to know when they are out

Yeah I would get better security...

Well....I hate say, but i doubt that will happen again. The defence is horrible in this leg, we're actually getting hammered. This is when i wish we still at Roy Keane in midfield, someone who could actually take control and have power over most players.

Tis a bit crap...who wants a repeat of Istanbul :(...Come on Utd we need a battle of the English :)

FORZA MILAN!!!

i've been suffering all day for this game. even at 3-0 i was too nervous for some reason (...2005?)

Martyn. i was thinking of this final matchup since the draw for the quarter finals. cant wait!

I know we have both been eyeing up the possibility of Liverpool and Milan meeting in the final profets :D! Lets hope it is a good game...but I am sorry my friend, I cant wish you good luck for it :p!

I know people will jump on my back for not supporting the British team, but I'm so glad Man United got spanked. I hate them with a passion.

And Milan actually happen to be my second team.

FORZA MILAN!

Oh no.. Not AC v Liverpool again :/

why not? we need our revenge.

that game 2 years ago was pretty crazy. 3-0 lead, and liverpool scoring 3 goals. not like it was the 2003 final of 0-0