NBC'S Heroes

Apparently Heroes starts in the UK on Monday 19th. On the Sci-Fi channel (which I presume is on Sky). It is a shame Channel 4 is not showing it, like they did with Lost. Not that it bothers me anyway, as I have already seen them all :).

Apparently Heroes starts in the UK on Monday 19th. On the Sci-Fi channel (which I presume is on Sky). It is a shame Channel 4 is not showing it, like they did with Lost. Not that it bothers me anyway, as I have already seen them all :).

Yeah also BBC 2 has terrestrial rights :)

BBC Two has acquired the UK terrestrial rights to Heroes, one of the break-out hits of the current US television season.

The critically acclaimed cult hit follows the story of people scattered around the world who wake up with superhuman powers - and gradually realise that the fate of mankind is in their hands.

The UK pay TV rights to the NBC show have already gone to Sci Fi, part of NBC Universal?s global networks unit. Sci Fi will begin airing the show in January; BBC Two will start the terrestrial run after it airs on pay TV.

?We?re really looking forward to bringing this innovative and compelling fantasy drama to a terrestrial television audience later next year,? said BBC Two controller Roly Keating.

Sue Deeks, head of series programme acquisition at BBC Television, called Heroes an ?an intriguing, intelligent and irresistible drama.? (Digital Spy)

Claire is not the one who dies (source: the auselio guy). A female hero dies on march 5. If it's NOT claire... I think it's pretty obvious who dies.

The super hearing lady from the promos?

The super hearing lady from the promos?

Probably Sylar will get his mits on her...be a shame tho because it means he can just keep killing people...he needs to meet out he cant easily kill

Anyone have any idea what the power is Sylar has to cut people open with his finger?

I had a weird dream about Heroes last night, it involved Claire, and no it was not a dirty one either :p! It was a weird dream because I know it was nice but I cannot really remember it, dreams are weird!

I want to see Peter stomp Sylar's ass!

dude, I do so very much. Hiro said indicated Peter would be instrumental in that end. I think it's the major focus people want to see. beyond that, I see them doing the Xmen type of story line. However, I believe Sylar will continue his stuff for another season perhaps?

Probably Sylar will get his mits on her...be a shame tho because it means he can just keep killing people...he needs to meet out he cant easily kill

Anyone have any idea what the power is Sylar has to cut people open with his finger?

Not a power, he uses Hiros sword :D

They haven't started airing heroes in the UK? They started doing it in Spain a couple of weeks ago. I think they're on ep 3 on the sci-fi channel and they just premiered ep 1 on an FTA channel. I'm so glad :D They always take around a year to premiere stuff. Before the series premiered, a lot of people already downloaded the show (which I guess is one of the reasons they are now hurrying to air new stuff). There are lot of heroes fans out there and the show was not even being shown here. :D

Oh, it's a series regular who dies. So it's either nikki/jessica or simone. And simone is not exactly a hero.

So Who dies? Jessica or Nikki? ;)

well if you think about it, Jessica is the one with superpowers.. Nikki is a nobody without her.. So if they kill of Jessica then Nikki is just like Ando.... But the real question is.. if one dies does the other?

Did anyone else catch what Nathan said:

"But if people knew what we where capable of they would drop a collective brick....I would round us all up and stick us in some lab on an island in the middle of the ocean..."

Nice Lost crossover :blink:

Lol nice Stan Lee cameo. Also, I thought the "someone dies" thing was cheap at the point where the lady with the hearing was killed, but Simone, whoa.

This show is getting better every episode. Peter is getting pretty powerful. I would love to see a fight between Peter and Sylar. :yes:

This show is getting better every episode. Peter is getting pretty powerful. I would love to see a fight between Peter and Sylar. :yes:

I think it's leading up to that. Maybe not in Season 1, but almost certainly in Season 2.

I have a question, did Stan Lee have something to do with the show or was that simply a way of the creators showing him respect for what he has done for comic books?

I have a question, did Stan Lee have something to do with the show or was that simply a way of the creators showing him respect for what he has done for comic books?

i read somewhere he was supposed to have a cameo... as a driver.... was that him as the bus driver?? i have no clue what he looks like but i cant think of anywhere else that we saw a driver... anyone have the preview for next week yet... my DVR stopped just as it was coming on... i keep forgetting to add 2 min ...

edit - just checked another forum... he was the bus driver..