NBC'S Heroes

Ah yeah, he has to think about the person to "activate" it. I was thinking that he would be walking around, look at something, and just be surprised by the fact that he knows how it works. But since he doesn't even know that Sylar has the ability, then he wouldn't know that he could have absorbed it, and therefore he doesn't know anything about it.

It's not just brains though, it's anything. And I'm not saying Peter doesn't have it, but you would think that they would show it somewhere. I'm just curious, as it's not really important to the story.

Yeah I can see what you mean but Sylar seems to use it when he cuts open heads and reads whats going in there...Peter would find no use for it atm...plus adding to Sylars amazing ability to sense things he can learn quickly using Charlies power...

But thats what I am saying is it a power?...is it just a sense thats over tuned...like a 6th sense...I dunno I wish we knew more about it and where he got the ice from...

As posted, Sylar's ability is 'inuitive aptitude' which allows him to figure out complex things. Remember how he held a watch up to his ear? He figured it was off beat. He then met Brian Davis and figured out that something was 'different' and he killed and cut him open to copy that. Its not a '6th sense' or anything, that would be completely off this story. Its all about 'abilities'

go check out heroeswiki.com and figure out everything for yourself. :)

No, because in "Five Years Gone" Sylar flew like Nathan, so, to be able to do that he would need his body in one entire piece to cut his head and study his brain.

I didnt say Sylar will fly.. I said Nathan will take Sylar or Ted (one of these two will be the bomb) and fly him away and then "that one..the bomb" will explode.. Nathan will sacrifice himself.. because sylar will be in season 2.. I think Ted will be the bomb.. and Sylar will be stopped with injection of Mollys virus and it will disable all his abilitys

I didnt say Sylar will fly.. I said Nathan will take Sylar or Ted (one of these two will be the bomb) and fly him away and then "that one..the bomb" will explode.. Nathan will sacrifice himself.. because sylar will be in season 2.. I think Ted will be the bomb.. and Sylar will be stopped with injection of Mollys virus and it will disable all his abilitys

Did you see Episode 20?

Did you see Sylar flying, like nathan? I saw...

Tell me, how will he examine Nathan's brain if it's reduced to dust (I mean atom size dust) because of the nuclear explosion?

Nathan will not sacrifice himself, period (at least that way).

Edited by MountainSnake

i was talking to my roommate last night and something struck me as strange. why can sylar cut people just a flick of finger? what kind of telekinesis is that?? i mean, in literal sense, it would mean he can just as well split a person in half just by waving his hand.

to me, the idea is the same, because if it is telekinesis, he's somehow able to channel energy into splitting flesh.

Did you see Episode 20?

Did you see Sylar flying, like nathan? I saw...

Tell me, how will he examine Nathan's brain if it's reduced to dust (I mean atom size dust) because of the nuclear explosion?

Nathan will not sacrifice himself, period (at least that way).

Things don't have to end up as they did in the future that they saw. They're trying to change that.

i was talking to my roommate last night and something struck me as strange. why can sylar cut people just a flick of finger? what kind of telekinesis is that?? i mean, in literal sense, it would mean he can just as well split a person in half just by waving his hand.

to me, the idea is the same, because if it is telekinesis, he's somehow able to channel energy into splitting flesh.

Thats a really good question. It seems that the writers are making Sylar extremely powerful by just extending the capabilities of telekinesis (i.e. limited healing, jumping high)

Yeah, I guess he can 'repair' himself using that telekinesis... I mean, he knows how things work, so he could heal wounds by just doing the finger thing with his skin!

Maybe I'm just being absent-minded right now, but when did Sylar heal himself?

He got shot by Audrey, and along with Peter he fell with from an incredible height, yet he survived.

He got shot by Audrey, and along with Peter he fell with from an incredible height, yet he survived.

There isnt a chance he just fell on Peter?...

He has no healing ability... if you read the online comic in the one right after HRG shot him at his home you see that he does get hurt... also remember after he fell with Peter he barely is able to walk away which is why Eden and the Haitian are able to capture him so easily..

Has it been confirmed that abilities are unique and are never duplicated? When Peter met the Invisible Man, he said "Oh you are one of them." Did he mean people with abilities or people with the same type of power like Peter? Also, how unique are the powers? Can there be someone that can mimic other powers, but only when they are next to the person with that power?

Matt shot at Sylar, but Sylar stopped the bullets using his telekinesis. Then, Peter broke his fall at the school, but he was still badly hurt.

In the 'Road Kill' novel, we see him in a garage, stitching up his gunshot wound from Mr. Bennet. He has no healing ability.

Matt shot at Sylar, but Sylar stopped the bullets using his telekinesis. Then, Peter broke his fall at the school, but he was still badly hurt.

In the 'Road Kill' novel, we see him in a garage, stitching up his gunshot wound from Mr. Bennet. He has no healing ability.

Also if you remember Sylar stopped Mohinders bullets when he was strapped to the chair...

How Sylar flies... with his telekenesis or what not, he's able to control and move objects... he probably controls his body in the same way

He is uber smart, so he could've figured it out

Has it been confirmed that abilities are unique and are never duplicated? When Peter met the Invisible Man, he said "Oh you are one of them." Did he mean people with abilities or people with the same type of power like Peter? Also, how unique are the powers? Can there be someone that can mimic other powers, but only when they are next to the person with that power?

This was actually just covered in an interview with the creators.... when Claude mentions that he does mean the "empath" power.... and the creators did say that powers will be repeated but I am sure if we do see if over the seasons it will be very limited...

Also if you remember Sylar stopped Mohinders bullets when he was strapped to the chair...

I would think that he was hit in the episode where Parkman shot at him. The bullets hit the ground after Sylar got back up. And it's already know that Sylar has been shot before and survived (somehow). The comics show this after the altercation with Bennet's wife. So I'd say he was shot on two separate occasions. Shot to the head? Much more difficult to recover from than one to the body (in Sylar's case that is).

I would think that he was hit in the episode where Parkman shot at him. The bullets hit the ground after Sylar got back up. And it's already know that Sylar has been shot before and survived (somehow). The comics show this after the altercation with Bennet's wife. So I'd say he was shot on two separate occasions. Shot to the head? Much more difficult to recover from than one to the body (in Sylar's case that is).

If Hiro had gone through with the head slice in the last episode then Sylar would be dead...

Can someone remind me again who Audrey is - the policewoman who "hired" Matt?