NBC'S Heroes

Did anyone notice the flag Hiros dad had behind him at the end? it had the same symbol as Nikki/Jessica's mark on her back:

Do you watch the show? The helix symbol appears in lots of places.

well thinking about hiro, i know sylar had no intention of sending him back in time, he just threw him backwards and then hiro vanished. which makes me think that if hiro is thrown backwards anytime and teleports that he will go back in time

majority of people are thinking why peter couldnt fly and self destruct instead of his brother flying for him.

probably because he cant control all that power.

i dont think nathan died. he might of dropped peter in the sky and flew away. or maybe nathan has more than 1 power like regen?

i really want to find out about this new villain that molly is so scared of.

overall it was a great season, however the fight scene was crap.

whens season 2 starting?

Mathachew, I'm pretty sure you went through a couple of theories and different ideas through this thread. You weren't saying all that all along. Then again, I do tend to have a bad memory :p

Anyways, the only thing I truly disliked about this episode was seeing Parkman go :/ I don't expect Peter to be dead. I didn't like how there wasn't much sadness at the end of the episode. Everyone seemed pretty ok with what happened. Hiro in the past is going to be great!

I did come up with a few theories, but they all pretty much had the same bomb theory: Peter would go boom and I speculated that Nathan would die getting Peter away from NYC. C'mon, I've always said, "Peter has always been the exploding man." I've said it countless times.... ok, not countless, but I said it all along, though that doesn't mean I wasn't wrong about other stuff. I'm always wrong, just ask my wife!

Do you watch the show? The helix symbol appears in lots of places.

:laugh:

majority of people are thinking why peter couldnt fly and self destruct instead of his brother flying for him.

probably because he cant control all that power.

i dont think nathan died. he might of dropped peter in the sky and flew away. or maybe nathan has more than 1 power like regen?

i really want to find out about this new villain that molly is so scared of.

overall it was a great season, however the fight scene was crap.

whens season 2 starting?

Correct, Peter couldn't control his powers. It's a very, very simple answer that people seem to be overlooking and neglecting. You want him to fly? Sure, but he'll go boom right then and there.

Nathan couldn't survive the blast, let alone survive the direct contact to radiation from Peter. There's nothing indicating Nathan has any other ability than to fly. Nothing.

I'd imagine season two starting sometime in September, when most other shows return.

I did come up with a few theories, but they all pretty much had the same bomb theory: Peter would go boom and I speculated that Nathan would die getting Peter away from NYC. C'mon, I've always said, "Peter has always been the exploding man." I've said it countless times.... ok, not countless, but I said it all along, though that doesn't mean I wasn't wrong about other stuff. I'm always wrong, just ask my wife!

:laugh:

Correct, Peter couldn't control his powers. It's a very, very simple answer that people seem to be overlooking and neglecting. You want him to fly? Sure, but he'll go boom right then and there.

Nathan couldn't survive the blast, let alone survive the direct contact to radiation from Peter. There's nothing indicating Nathan has any other ability than to fly. Nothing.

I'd imagine season two starting sometime in September, when most other shows return.

Yeah also in all reports from producers that Nathan will be in Season 2 so he might of flown him up and then flew away just before it went boom but then again as you said the radiation would give the man an illness...

Kind of a let down to be honest. =/

Hand to hand combat? A simple stab with a sword while Sylar just stood there?

Bleh I expected a huge fight.

well thinking about hiro, i know sylar had no intention of sending him back in time, he just threw him backwards and then hiro vanished. which makes me think that if hiro is thrown backwards anytime and teleports that he will go back in time

Uh, Hiro teleported because he didn't want to get splattered into the building. Nothing to do with what Sylar did, he just said "I gotta get outta here!"

so I was thinking of the symbolic thinks and such.

I think the cockroach was symbolic of just how hard Sylar is to kill. I mean think about it cockroaches are hard to kill, so I think that was all it really meant.

My question is the Noah thing that HRG said. Was that REALLY his first name Noah Bennett? OR is that like just some "code name" he wanted to be known by, which has some underlining meaning, like Noah and the Ark or something else.

All in all great episode.. I was dissappointed I do have to admit that, I thought it was going to be "bigger" with a great long fight scene with Sylar and Peter. I mean Peter is still a punk, that was the time for him to shine, Hiro stepped up to the plate, I assumed Peter would have also.

But still good episode, and so long Season 1. Can wait for Season 2.

Anyone know any time frame when Season 2 is suppose to start? Like the fall so we have like 3 months before we get to see another Heroes?

Kind of a let down to be honest. =/

Hand to hand combat? A simple stab with a sword while Sylar just stood there?

Bleh I expected a huge fight.

A lot of people were disappointed for the same reasons you were. You have to remember that this isn't X-Men.

The 'hand to hand' was REALLY well done. Peter has a very limited choice in offensive abilities. At least, in the ones he KNOWS he has. He has more than what he's used, but he doesn't know about them.

'Simple stab'? He teleported in, got Sylar's attention (who was preoccupied with the TK) and then stabbed him. (With a nice 'Yatta.') Then Sylar threw him a long way. Sylar didn't think Hiro would do it, since he had failed twice already.

And it was a 'huge' fight. Look at all the Heroes involved. Just because they didn't fly around using abilities on each other doesn't mean that it wasn't very well done.

so I was thinking of the symbolic thinks and such.

I think the cockroach was symbolic of just how hard Sylar is to kill. I mean think about it cockroaches are hard to kill, so I think that was all it really meant.

One of the earlier episodes showed a cockroach at one point near the opening. I'll have to go back and check, but I believe that is what they are referring to, coming full circle.

My question is the Noah thing that HRG said. Was that REALLY his first name Noah Bennett? OR is that like just some "code name" he wanted to be known by, which has some underlining meaning, like Noah and the Ark or something else.

They were showing that he is no longer part of the Company. He now uses his first name, he's not just Mr. Bennett.

All in all great episode.. I was dissappointed I do have to admit that, I thought it was going to be "bigger" with a great long fight scene with Sylar and Peter. I mean Peter is still a punk, that was the time for him to shine, Hiro stepped up to the plate, I assumed Peter would have also.

What more did you want Peter to do? He went and faced his fears. He fought Sylar, and as predicted, he couldn't control his powers, as he had dreamed. Even Nathan saying 'Let me help you, Peter' was directly out of the dream.

It was extremely fitting that the one 'hero' who tried to get away from his ability the most was the one who used it to save the world.

But still good episode, and so long Season 1. Can wait for Season 2.

Anyone know any time frame when Season 2 is suppose to start? Like the fall so we have like 3 months before we get to see another Heroes?

September 24th. And there are going to be graphic novels and such all summer, so you won't be completely out of new material while we wait.

A lot of people were disappointed for the same reasons you were. You have to remember that this isn't X-Men.

The 'hand to hand' was REALLY well done. Peter has a very limited choice in offensive abilities. At least, in the ones he KNOWS he has. He has more than what he's used, but he doesn't know about them.

'Simple stab'? He teleported in, got Sylar's attention (who was preoccupied with the TK) and then stabbed him. (With a nice 'Yatta.') Then Sylar threw him a long way. Sylar didn't think Hiro would do it, since he had failed twice already.

And it was a 'huge' fight. Look at all the Heroes involved. Just because they didn't fly around using abilities on each other doesn't mean that it wasn't very well done.

I was expecting a battle of the "Force" because of their telekinesis. Rather, all Sylar did was a few telekineses and peter did some punching around. When Hiro teleported in, he was at least several feet far back--Sylar should have had plenty of time to stop him.

What did the other heroes do to Sylar other than a hit by Niki with a pole? :s Matt Parkman finding his newfound dumb courage to get him killed? DL limping around for the entire episode? There were so many little references to that painting of Sylar and Peter throughout the episode leading the audience to believe it was going to be an epic fight.

It was disappointing--many others agree. You can't deny that fact. :(

I was expecting a battle of the "Force" because of their telekinesis. Rather, all Sylar did was a few telekineses and peter did some punching around. When Hiro teleported in, he was at least several feet far back--Sylar should have had plenty of time to stop him.

What did the other heroes do to Sylar other than a hit by Niki with a pole? :s Matt Parkman finding his newfound dumb courage to get him killed? DL limping around for the entire episode? There were so many little references to that painting of Sylar and Peter throughout the episode leading the audience to believe it was going to be an epic fight.

It was disappointing--many others agree. You can't deny that fact. :(

You were disappointed because you want to watch a different show then it is. I was very satisfied with the ending. They did exactly what they planned to do the first time they showed the dream.

What offensive ability has Peter ever used? The most he ever did was stopping time. He has the TK, but he has used it a total of twice, and once is debatable, the other was five years in the future.

The focus on 'fights' is not there in the series. In fact, look at the fight in Five Years Gone. What did they show? Their hands glowing, and thats it. Some flashes through the doorway.

This isn't a superhero battle show. This is a drama about finding who you are.

And once again, Parkman is NOT dead.

Edited by episode

Uh, Hiro teleported because he didn't want to get splattered into the building. Nothing to do with what Sylar did, he just said "I gotta get outta here!"

yea but he teleported as he was going backwards, and thus went back in time

When Hiro teleported in, he was at least several feet far back--Sylar should have had plenty of time to stop him.

In highschool, i could play baseball with the best of 'em. But if someone said "Hey Jack" and then whipped a baseball at my face when I turned around, chances are I would have gotten a broken nose. Could the creators have had Hiro appear a bit closer to Sylar? Sure. But come on, it's a TV show.

These guys have had their powers all season. There were never any epic fights. Why should yesterday have been any different? Simply because it was the season finale? A big x-men-esque fight scene would have been out of character.

sorry you're disappointed.

i doubt his physical motion has anything to do with where he time travels to. You may be over analyzing things.

So when Hiro and Ando were in Linderman's gallery stealing the sword, and they were standing still, and they jumped randomly, they ended up five years in the future.

His motion has nothing to do with where he jumps to.

It was a good episode, paving the way for another season, people need to remember "The Journey Is Just the Beginning"

Yeah hopefully theres more seasons to come...plus if you were disappointed thats a shame...I thought it wasn't the best episode (mainly because I guessed a few weeks back how it would all go) but it was certainly second :)

Very cool episode, but pretty disappointing also. I was expecting more of an epic battle. "Save the World" and all...

:woot: What an episode!!!!!!!!! I'm really gonna miss this show while its on break. lol @ Hiro :D

I never expected Nathen to do that, but I wish Peter used some abilities against Sylar instead of just standing there.

Is Peter dead or alive still?

Does anyone know where you can get the 'cleaned' up version of the tune they play at the beginning while the man talks?

Very cool episode, but pretty disappointing also. I was expecting more of an epic battle. "Save the World" and all...

I expected no epic battle , again this isn't X-MEN and even they practice daily to be able to fight , the only was with control is Sylar because he was the first to start his journey and had the will to steal all the powers to himself.

Btw I think we can add some sort of shadow stealth ability to Sylar as again he was able to sneak up behind Ando and Noah.

I expected no epic battle , again this isn't X-MEN and even they practice daily to be able to fight , the only was with control is Sylar because he was the first to start his journey and had the will to steal all the powers to himself.

Btw I think we can add some sort of shadow stealth ability to Sylar as again he was able to sneak up behind Ando and Noah.

He demonstrated that before...when he killed Dale for the hearing...she said to him I didn't hear you walking and he said I didn't...

September 24th. And there are going to be graphic novels and such all summer, so you won't be completely out of new material while we wait.

Good to know there will be more comics to read in between seasons :D

Read:

His motion has nothing to do with where he jumps to.
Is Peter dead or alive still?

Just because Peter went boom doesn't mean he died. You can look at it one of two ways:

1. The explosion is outside of Peter, so he is in the safe zone, so to speak, with the explosion going out from himself, or

2. The explosion is emitted from Peter's body. It doesn't affect his body because he's "immune" to it, though I have a theory that something hot, cold, etc. could hurt him if it's not from him; that's for another discussion at a later time.

Either way, Peter is not dead. He may have a scar as a result, but at this point, it's hard to say.

does anyone know of any details about an HD/BD release? i would really like to get the season and it would be nice if there were some decent extras....

I noticed something last night. Sylar's blood pool looked like a creature:

sylar_blood.jpg

sylar_blood2.jpg

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it doesn't look as random as you would think. I really think that's a clue. :|

Edited by Mathachew