NBC'S Heroes

I noticed something last night. The Sylar's blood pool looked like a creature:

sylar_blood.jpg

sylar_blood2.jpg

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it doesn't look as random as you would think. I really think that's a clue. :|

:o

Never noticed that....I sort of noticed a star wars moment when Sylar was strangling Peter with the "force" :D

He demonstrated that before...when he killed Dale for the hearing...she said to him I didn't hear you walking and he said I didn't...

I don't think is a "shadow" power, being he has telekinesis he might be able to levitate instead of walking.

I don't think is a "shadow" power, being he has telekinesis he might be able to levitate instead of walking.

That's pretty much what I was thinking too. In the second episode, when Matt came across Sylar, Sylar escaped to a top portion of the room they were in, which was too high for jumping, so he obviously used some kind of TK to do it.

He has obviously greatly adapted the power TK for him to allow himself to float or levitate and also to slice people open...

I was somewhat disappointed, While it was indeed a very good episodes, there was something missing.

And I would of liked to see Nathan and Peter flying up, somewhat more closely, but I can understand that by doing it as they did, they have left us in suspense as to if Nathan did indeed manage to survive.

And yes, people can keep saying that "This isn't X-men", But X-men is hugely popular, and while I didn't want a huge badass fight of doom (as cool as that would of been) there could of been a little bit more, the small fight in the apartment when peter gets glassed in the head was somewhat more exciting.

But as I said, it was still a very good episode.

Peter already has Hiro's power.

You mean he has Future Hiro's powers? What if normal times powers where different?.. He trained with his father, that might be different to future Hiro.

You mean he has Future Hiro's powers? What if normal times powers where different?.. He trained with his father, that might be different to future Hiro.

When Hiro visited him in the tube the only reason he wasn't frozen was absorbed those powers from him...

Hiro has all the powers he's ever going to have, whether he knows how to use them or not, so Peter would of absorbed them all, he just doesn't know how to use them.

Why couldn't Peter have just flown himself at the end?

he already could fly, that was the first power he got

As has been stated a good few times in the topic, Peter wasn't able to control any of his powers at that time, he was concentrating on not blowing up, if he tried to fly, chances are he would of blown up right there and then.

Very cool episode, but pretty disappointing also. I was expecting more of an epic battle. "Save the World" and all...

But Sylar was never the "bad guy". Killing Sylar wasn't going to save the world. That's been the entire point of the season. An epic battle doesn't serve any purpose in the story being told.

Look at it this way. Here are the heroes that were at the plaza:

- Peter: still not in control of his powers, easily overpowered by Sylar (this is just what happened)

- Nikki: super strength gets put to use, but Sylar's telekinesis trumps it

- DL: near death, useless

- Micah: useless

- Molly: useless

- Claire: useless, except to get close enough to Peter to kill him...but she can't do it

- Nathan: flight allows him to get Peter out of the city, and he does so, redeeming himself

- Parkman: useless, gets 'shot'

- Hiro: space/time travel lets him get close enough to Sylar to surprise him and kill him

The events of the finale make perfect sense. Having Peter suddenly come into complete control of his power so that he and Sylar can duke it out across the city doesn't fit.

I also felt a lil bit of disappointment, but come to think of it, a bunch of people flying and using powers would have been too X-Men. What I didn't like is how the built up the climax,... all of a sudden, all of them are just "there". I LOVED how niki hit sylar with that thing and the music in that precise moment had my heart bumping out of chest, lol. But then micah calls her and she's "gone". I would have liked a lil' more "group" thing, everybody vs sylar or something. But the episode was GREAT though.

That said, I didn't expect peter to use his arsenal of powers against sylar either. Although fighting sylar with HIS own powers would have been amazing. Peter had a hard time controlling the bomb, and you have to have in mind that all the other heroes where there, so peter was absorbing too much powers for him to be able to control any of them (well, niki, DL, micah and molly, I suppose).

Also,

Kristin mentions that one of the heroes is gonna be amnesic? That has to be peter, that would leave him powerless for a while. The use of his powers mostly relies on remembering what he felt around the original person with the power right? If he's amnesic he isn't gonna remember those powers then. Although that wouldn't explain why he would be able to resurrect ... no brain functions, no remembering! But I guess that's what they could do.

I liked how molly was with the Saunders family. I hope she stays there... or maybe Suresh can adopt her, hehe.

Things I liked:

- "The future is not written in stone" - This time around they changed the future "big time". Until now, everything or almost everything isaac had drawn, HAPPENED. But Nathan changed it. The explosion didn't blow up NY, and there was no scene of micah in a window surrounded by fire (I suppose this was one of those paintings Linderman had).

- Niki/Jessica - She was my favorite in this episode, even though she didn't have a big role.

- "Call me Noah"

- The cockroach. Remember there was an episode where sylar is referred to as a parasite?

- Molly introducing a new villain out of nowhere :p

I guess season 2 will explain the whole group of senile weirdos who thought it was a good idea to blew up NY.

- The cockroach. Remember there was an episode where sylar is referred to as a parasite?

Remember the episode when they caught Sylar and put him in the paper factory...he was lying on the bed and a cockroach crawled next to him :D

Also,

Kristin mentions that one of the heroes is gonna be amnesic? That has to be peter, that would leave him powerless for a while. The use of his powers mostly relies on remembering what he felt around the original person with the power right? If he's amnesic he isn't gonna remember those powers then. Although that wouldn't explain why he would be able to resurrect ... no brain functions, no remembering! But I guess that's what they could do.

When Ted used his powers, he never got hurt from using them, so chances are, neither would peter.

I would have liked a lil' more "group" thing, everybody vs sylar or something. But the episode was GREAT though.

But when you think about it, everyone's power is useless against Sylar, except for Nikki, Peter and Hiro. And they're exactly the ones who participated, and only for long as they could, because Sylar was still stronger than all of them. Telekinesis is a biatch.

If DL could get ahold of Sylar (doubtful), he could phase Sylar into the concrete or something...but of course he's near death, and Sylar would probably stop him before he got anywhere close anyway.

When Ted used his powers, he never got hurt from using them, so chances are, neither would peter.

I didn't mean after the bomb. I've always said that peter wouldn't die from the explosion. I meant when he was killed by sylar

Uh, what?

Peter absorbs the abilities of the people. Not their knowledge. Training with Kaito has nothing to do with Hiro's ability to manipulate time and space.

But when you think about it, everyone's power is useless against Sylar, except for Nikki, Peter and Hiro. And they're exactly the ones who participated, and only for long as they could, because Sylar was still stronger than all of them. Telekinesis is a biatch.

If DL could get ahold of Sylar (doubtful), he could phase Sylar into the concrete or something...but of course he's near death, and Sylar would probably stop him before he got anywhere close anyway.

So the Heros are barely able to beat Sylar. Now he is still alive and there is Molly's villain as well who is supposed to be even more powerful. And there is Uluru(who may or may not be who Molly was talking about). Seems to me that the heroes need some more powerful allies.

BTW, what happened to that one chick that met Ted in his shed?

So the Heros are barely able to beat Sylar. Now he is still alive and there is Molly's villain as well who is supposed to be even more powerful. And there is Uluru(who may or may not be who Molly was talking about). Seems to me that the heroes need some more powerful allies.

BTW, what happened to that one chick that met Ted in his shed?

Check out the new graphic novel for Hana's story.

What if sylar is dead but his body was dragged by this monster that lives in the sewer?

What? there HAS to be an uluru monster living down there, lol

A lot of people were disappointed for the same reasons you were. You have to remember that this isn't X-Men.

The 'hand to hand' was REALLY well done. Peter has a very limited choice in offensive abilities. At least, in the ones he KNOWS he has. He has more than what he's used, but he doesn't know about them.

'Simple stab'? He teleported in, got Sylar's attention (who was preoccupied with the TK) and then stabbed him. (With a nice 'Yatta.') Then Sylar threw him a long way. Sylar didn't think Hiro would do it, since he had failed twice already.

And it was a 'huge' fight. Look at all the Heroes involved. Just because they didn't fly around using abilities on each other doesn't mean that it wasn't very well done.

I am one of the disappointed viewer. The hand-to-hand combat was pathetic. Tim Kring probably use that action as an excuse for Peter to have a physical break-down so that he would not have been able to use other abilities. I would expect Peter to use his head than his physical strength. Sylar was able to utilize what he'd extracted from other heroes and Peter shown as useless morron was a bit stupid. It's not about making this movie into an X-Men show but it's more about having these so called "heroes" use more common sense. At least use the ability that you've got!

This episode, to me, reveal the limitation of the director and producer creativity. There was no huge fight. All I see in that last episode was a the heroes seems to gather up in one area. The only fight and ability usage was only from Hiro and Sylar; probably a bit from Jessica/Nikki but that was stupid that Mica ask him mom to go attend his dad. Again it really show that the director did not want to show a good fight. All the cliffhanger boil down to BS.