NBC'S Heroes

Do we know what power Nathan/Peter's mom has?

Or is it still unknown?

I've been wondering this as well and it is really starting to annoy me now >_<

I must say i was expecting a battle of epic proportions especially after the episode of future new york, however i think the episode was done well and lines up nicely for the start of the second season.

Or is it still unknown?

I think it's being able to persuade but if that's what it ends up being then it's a pretty weak ability considering people seem to be to defy it

- The cockroach. Remember there was an episode where sylar is referred to as a parasite?

Well, cockroach is not a parasite as such, but repeated use of cockroach during various episodes does have to have some meaning. Above all, remember the opening scene of Mohinder in his college in India, he stated something on the lines "if god has created something in his figure it ought to be cockroach" while referring to the cockroach's abilities being able to survive in extreme conditions like without food for months and being resistant to radiation etc.

Is the cockroach monster of next season molly was talking about? :-)

Or is it still unknown?

I think its either being able to see the future or read peoples minds. There was a few comments made by her about how she knows what's going to happen.. or that she knows what Peter/Nathan were going through (because she can read minds). Sorry, I'm abit sick and can't be bothered looking through the episodes.

Just my suspicion. :)

I think its either being able to see the future or read peoples minds. There was a few comments made by her about how she knows what's going to happen.. or that she knows what Peter/Nathan were going through (because she can read minds). Sorry, I'm abit sick and can't be bothered looking through the episodes.

Just my suspicion. :)

From Ask Ausiello

Mama Petrelli has a traveling-based superpower. A power like one of our existing heroes, but "takes a lot less effort to get from Point A to Point B". Ausiello also stated that her power would play into Peter's visions of the future. It would be like our existing Heroes, Hiro, going through time, but take much less effort, as she can just think about it instead of physically going there. This is why Peter's vision of the future first occurred when he was in the presence of his mother.

From Ask Ausiello

Mama Petrelli has a traveling-based superpower. A power like one of our existing heroes, but "takes a lot less effort to get from Point A to Point B". Ausiello also stated that her power would play into Peter's visions of the future. It would be like our existing Heroes, Hiro, going through time, but take much less effort, as she can just think about it instead of physically going there. This is why Peter's vision of the future first occurred when he was in the presence of his mother.

Interesting....

The BBC is thought to have paid around ?400,000 an episode for the second season of Heroes - even though it has yet to show the first.

The new deal represents a five-fold increase on the amount the corporation paid for season one, which will air on BBC Two over the summer.

Sci Fi Channel had first-run rights to season one, but was forced out of the bidding for season two as the price tag rose.

Season two will now air on both BBC Two and digital channel BBC Three from next year.

The "battle" between Peter and Sylar was the weakest ever, what a joke. And come on, Sylar can stop bullets but he just stands there and does nothing while slow ass Hiro runs towards him.

What would have made more sense was if Hiro stopped time, then charged Sylar, poked him and then restarted time again. It just seems like the writers just forget about the powers these characters have sometimes...

Also from Ask Ausiello...

Question: The Heroes finale was awesome, but I'm a little worried about Peter and Nathan. Please tell me they are coming back next year.? Renee

Ausiello:

(Major spoiler alert) They'll both be back next season.

Question: Whoa! What an ending for Heroes! What's the word on that creepy guy who's worse than Sylar and freaks out Molly?? Antonio Lopez

Ausiello: We'll meet the big, bad bogeyman early next season, and word on the street is the role's already been cast.

Also from Ask Ausiello...

Hrm... Well, if you know who is back, I'd suspect it to be through visions/dreams, not from surviving. I would be pretty disappointed if it were because they're alive.

What would have made more sense was if Hiro stopped time, then charged Sylar, poked him and then restarted time again. It just seems like the writers just forget about the powers these characters have sometimes...

indeed. Peter has been around his brother enough to fly. why couldnt he just flew himself away from the city? there was about 3 seconds when Hiro appeared, ran up to sylar and stabbed him. why couldnt sylar just throw him away?

also.. what do you guys think about the person that molly can see, but is terrified of? and what does the eclipse in the 1600s mean? and wasnt the blue samurai on the horse Hiro?s father? wtf is he doing in the 1600s? can he travel time as well?

Hrm... Well, if you know who is back, I'd suspect it to be through visions/dreams, not from surviving. I would be pretty disappointed if it were because they're alive.

Well, there's always the idea that...

Nathan carried Peter up into the air, high enough to not blow up the city, and 'dropped' him and flew to a safe distance himself.

Kinda farfetched, yes, but entirely possible. Who knows?

Nathan carried Peter up into the air, high enough to not blow up the city, and 'dropped' him and flew to a safe distance himself.

I just thought of something, peter gets his powers by remembering what it felt like to be around people, molly can find people and feel certain things about them by thinking, parkman can read people's minds. maybe peter has absorbed enough that he can absorb powers by proxy by combining all these other powers; that would be an easy way to keep nathan alive, if peter discovers he can heal, by finding people and reading their minds to see what it felt like to be around linderman.

It would play on the idea that everyone that has a power is connected.

Yeah, honestly Nicki/Jessica should have just come in there with the damn lamp post and made sure he was dead.

:laugh:

Interesting....

At least its not gonna be on a Channel full of ****ty adverts every 10 mins (Prison Break and Channel 5 :pinch:). When they used to show 24 on BBC it used to be nice watching the whole action without breaks :yes:

I might have missed the answer to this question, but when Peter was speaking to the man on the roof, did he travel back in time or something?

I might have missed the answer to this question, but when Peter was speaking to the man on the roof, did he travel back in time or something?

They never really answered that. Peter asked 'How is this happening?' and the reply was just something like 'That doesn't matter, does it? Just that you're here now.'

The other question is... Can Peter actually 'use' more than one power at a time? We've never seen it happen, so maybe that's why he couldn't fly up into the sky himself, saving Nathan too.

No thats Charles D.'s power - and it was explicitly said so that he dreams about a flying Peter , he was also the one that saw Peter standing there , might have been some meeting in some dream reality.

Matt, Peter, DL and Sylar are no doubt alive, the only one in question in Nathan.

As I said... Peter has his vision before meeting Charles.... so that doesnt make sense.... he got it from his mom

The "battle" between Peter and Sylar was the weakest ever, what a joke. And come on, Sylar can stop bullets but he just stands there and does nothing while slow ass Hiro runs towards him.

Sylar didnt' stop hiro because he knew it would happen. he wanted it to happen. he saw the future, and whatever it is that he saw. he wanted to happen.

Sylar didnt' stop hiro because he knew it would happen. he wanted it to happen. he saw the future, and whatever it is that he saw. he wanted to happen.

This is true, since as he's laying there, we see the flashes of everything he's seen, which includes him laying on the ground after being stabbed. Also, since he didn't die, one can argue that he knew it wouldn't kill him because he saw that too.

This is true, since as he's laying there, we see the flashes of everything he's seen, which includes him laying on the ground after being stabbed. Also, since he didn't die, one can argue that he knew it wouldn't kill him because he saw that too.

It would be interesting if someone got a cap of every flash in Sylars eye...maybe something new there...maybe not...lol

And how does someone survive direct contact to a large amount of radiation when the only ability they have is to fly!? ANYONE?!? :omg: :angry: :argh:

I just thought of something, peter gets his powers by remembering what it felt like to be around people, molly can find people and feel certain things about them by thinking, parkman can read people's minds. maybe peter has absorbed enough that he can absorb powers by proxy by combining all these other powers; that would be an easy way to keep nathan alive, if peter discovers he can heal, by finding people and reading their minds to see what it felt like to be around linderman.

It would play on the idea that everyone that has a power is connected.

Peter only absorbs the powers of those he is around. He's never been around Linderman, so he does not have his healing power. Peter goes boom, and if Nathan is around, it's very likely Peter will be beyond exhaustion from the explosion to do ANYTHING, let alone heal someone using an ability that he's never used, and doesn't have. If Nathan were in the vicinity of the explosion, he'd be incinerated; no healing can fix that.

There are two ways I can see Nathan returning.

1. Through a vision

2. Through the raising of the dead type of power

I don't see a surviving the blast scenario.

And how does someone survive direct contact to a large amount of radiation when the only ability they have is to fly!? ANYONE?!? :omg: :angry: :argh:

Peter only absorbs the powers of those he is around. He's never been around Linderman, so he does not have his healing power. Peter goes boom, and if Nathan is around, it's very likely Peter will be beyond exhaustion from the explosion to do ANYTHING, let alone heal someone using an ability that he's never used, and doesn't have. If Nathan were in the vicinity of the explosion, he'd be incinerated; no healing can fix that.

There are two ways I can see Nathan returning.

1. Through a vision

2. Through the raising of the dead type of power

I don't see a surviving the blast scenario.

3. Through one of Candice's illusions.

4. Through Sylar killing Candice and using her power to impersonate Nathan, just like in FYG.