NBC'S Heroes

I don't think Miss Peregrym is a primary character, i think Noah Gray-Cabey (Micah) is. How about James Kyson Lee (Ando)?

I don't think Miss Peregrym is a primary character, i think Noah Gray-Cabey (Micah) is. How about James Kyson Lee (Ando)?

Yeah forgot about Micah...its interesting...wonder if they will reveal anything at the press conference...

So i just finished reading all of the comics and there are a few things that come to mind. First, it was nice to see the Pitterlli and Linderman connection but does it matter how future peter met future niki? Second, I don't like how they handled the whole Wireless story. If you only watch the show then you have no idea who she is and then after a few brief appearances she is gone. however, if you read the comic, she plays a major role in getting rid of the isotope tracking system. Kind of seems like a big deal to leave completely out of the show.

Also, a couple of times they have introduced new powers in the comics(like the flash and the emperor(the really fast guy and the one with the lightning) in the comic about future peter and future niki). Are those just random people with powers or a hint of people to come?

Also, a couple of times they have introduced new powers in the comics(like the flash and the emperor(the really fast guy and the one with the lightning) in the comic about future peter and future niki). Are those just random people with powers or a hint of people to come?

Yeah they will probably be seen next season...I thought the last comic was the most interesting with the Haitians dad having that weird power...

Did you guys hear about the world tour? Locations are:

Munich

Tokyo

Paris

Tokyo

New York

Paris

Hong Kong :D

London

Singapore

I'm so excited :)

/read more @ heroestheseries.com

There were scant few tidbits and hints dropped for season two, which began filming two days ago, but we managed to get a few breadcrumbs from Tim and some of the cast members. If you don't want any spoilers, read no further!

* According to Greg Grunberg, he begins filming today. After realizing that he'd sort of let the cat out of the bag, he said "Well, I could be on a hospital bed ... or in a coffin." Hayden joked that the entire cast would be standing around, lowering him into the ground. So, it's a pretty safe bet that he'll survive those four bullets to the chest.

* Sylar is back as well, although c'mon ... did you doubt he would be?

* The end of season one, with Hiro in Japan wasn't really the ending ... it was a teaser of the first scene from the first episode of season two. Hiro will be in feudal Japan for "a handful of episodes," according to Kring

* Tim Kring envisions season two as consisting of three big story arcs.

* Heroes: Origins is an "anthology show," which we knew. But it's not a midseason show; it will air after the season two finale, and not during sweeps. They have not yet begun writing or filming it.

* Adrian Pasdar was sporting a full beard, and Milo Ventimiglia had an extremely short haircut. When asked if they'd be in next season, Adrian said "I played ... er ... play Nathan Petrelli." So, hrm ... very clever. Still leaves us wondering.

Source: TVSquad

We can now answer, more or less definitively, one of the burning questions about the finale of Heroes in May. To wit: Why the heck couldn't Peter fly away by himself?

"Here's how it was explained to me," says Adrian Pasdar, who plays' Peter's (Milo Ventimiglia) brother Nathan and who ferried him to the sky to explode. "He was unstable, unable to control his powers. And if he did fly off he wouldn't have been able to control" any of the other powers he'd absorbed, most pertinently the explodability Peter got from Ted Sprague.

One gets the sense the actors have been asked this question a couple times. Jack "HRG" Coleman, standing next to Pasdar at a press event on the Heroes soundstage Thursday, notes that the answer was in the show: "There was a line where he actually said, 'I can't do anything.'"

(The full line, which Peter says to Nathan shortly after he flies into Kirby Plaza, is "I took his power. I can't control it. I can't do anything.")

Pasdar, Coleman and most of their fellow castmates gathered to announce a "Heroes World Tour" that will coincide with the season one DVD launch and the show's rollout in a number of other countries. Members of the cast will head out to New York, London, Paris, Munich, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore to promote the show and greet fans overseas; to kick things off, creator Tim Kring used Hiro's (Masi Oka) sword to cut into a giant, globe-shaped cake.

The tour is designed in part to introduce the show to places where it hasn't debuted yet, but according to cast member Greg Grunberg, that won't be an issue in a number of places.

Greggrunberg_heroes_nbcnet_240_2"I took my wife to Paris this summer, and it hadn't premiered on TV in Paris yet, but people were stopping me all over the place because they watched it on the Internet," says Grunberg, who plays Matt Parkman. "That's how obsessed they are."

Heroes fans in this country tend to be a little obsessed too, and so I set out in search of tidbits for season two. The show has been back in production for all of two days, so there's not much to tell yet. But we can offer up the following:

* With the exception of the Hiro storyline, season two will pick up four months after the finale. Kring was loath to say who's alive and who's not, but it's probably a safe bet that most of the characters survived. (Incidentally, if Peter was able to put himself back together after the explosion, it looks like he decided to get a haircut too -- Ventimiglia's familiar floppy forelock was MIA Thursday.) As for Hiro, his story "is the only one that picks up immediately. He's existing in a time frame outside of the rest of the characters."

* Hayden Panettiere has been the busiest actor in the first two days of shooting, filming scenes from, as she describes it, "her new life." That will eventually include a boyfriend (new recurring player Nick D'Agosto) -- "right now he's an acquaintance," she says -- and a couple of new cheerleader frenemies (Lyndsy Fonseca and Dianna Agron).

* The show has cast eight new regular or recurring actors, expanding what was already a pretty good-sized cast. Kring says he and his fellow writers have a decent handle on how they'll weave the newcomers into the story, but they don't feel obligated to feature everyone in every episode for season two. "We'll be able to pull back and ebb and flow, let certain characters come to the surface for an episode and then sit out an episode," he says.

That could mean more episodes like last season's "Company Man," which delved deeply into HRG's history. "The idea of being able to focus on a couple of characters is something we learned last year was a valuable thing to do, but we had to earn enough interest in those characters to be able to focus on them," Kring says.

* Kring cops to "subterfuge" in the casting of blond-haired, blue-eyed former Alias star David Anders as samurai warrior Takezo Kensei in the Hiro-in-the-past storyline. "Like everything on Heroes, nothing is quite what it seems to be," he allows. "It becomes a huge part of the story, the reveal of who this character really is."

* This year's "Generations" theme will include more information on Hiro's dad (George Takei), Angela Petrelli (Cristine Rose) and some of the other older characters. "All these characters set up the idea that there was another generation that had secrets of its own," Kring says. "This season ... we're going to talk about the sins of the parents being visited on the children."

Source: Zap-2-It

We can now answer, more or less definitively, one of the burning questions about the finale of Heroes in May. To wit: Why the heck couldn't Peter fly away by himself?

"Here's how it was explained to me," says Adrian Pasdar, who plays' Peter's (Milo Ventimiglia) brother Nathan and who ferried him to the sky to explode. "He was unstable, unable to control his powers. And if he did fly off he wouldn't have been able to control" any of the other powers he'd absorbed, most pertinently the explodability Peter got from Ted Sprague.

One gets the sense the actors have been asked this question a couple times. Jack "HRG" Coleman, standing next to Pasdar at a press event on the Heroes soundstage Thursday, notes that the answer was in the show: "There was a line where he actually said, 'I can't do anything.'"

(The full line, which Peter says to Nathan shortly after he flies into Kirby Plaza, is "I took his power. I can't control it. I can't do anything.")

Good golly, this looks and sounds all too familiar.

• 2 weeks later...
Former Star Trek: Enterprise star Dominic Keating will join the cast of hit show Heroes for its upcoming second season, according to reports.

Variety state that Keating will play an Irish villain with special powers and will be joined by actress Dianna Agron, who featured in the recently axed cult drama Veronica Mars. Agron is set to play a cheerleader in the show alongside Hayden Panettiere, who plays Claire Bennet.

The two actors will join David Anders on the sophomore season of the acclaimed series, set to be screened on BCC Two later in the summer. Anders, who will reportedly play a 1,000 year old man called Kane, is famed for his role as the devious, womanising terrorist Sark on Alias.

did issac mendez really helped to stop the explosion like he claimed? And the the Haiti guy, his ability is to cancel out powers right? why can't he stop Peter Petrelli or Sylar?

Great show btw, I finished the whole season in 2 days. so addictive. Anyway, I thought the most powerful hero was the kid that could suck oxygen when Hiro Nakamura went into the future. He can thrash Sylar anytime.

Variety state that Keating will play an Irish villain with special powers and will be joined by actress Dianna Agron, who featured in the recently axed cult drama Veronica Mars. Agron is set to play a cheerleader in the show alongside Hayden Panettiere, who plays Claire Bennet.

:o

She's quite attractive! And only 6 months older than me! :p

Sweet.

:o

She's quite attractive! And only 6 months older than me! :p

Sweet.

The more cheerleaders the better imo :D

Great series. I started watching it when it first came out, made it to episode 2. Then i missed about 3 weeks, and decided to wait, because by then, i was lost on the whole story. My friend just recently burned the full season onto dvd's, and i just finished watching it up to episode 23. Wow, what a great story. I love how little things were very important if you paid attention. A ton of clues that would lead you to the answer, just before it was to be shown in the light. I like how when sylar was captured, they kept the coach roach in the room. I saw that as sylar learning how to survive, just as Suresh (?) has said on the first episode ," if there is anything we can learn about evolution, its from coach roaches." And the twist and turns it would put you through was just exellerating. I like how they didnt always show you what happened, but left it to your imagination. I truely loved how it showed just how deep every character was. At first you hate Noah Bennet, then mid story, you find out hes a really good guy. Or how sylar at the end, shows his side of redemption, before his mom turns him away. Just so many things that kept me on my edge of my seat.

I really hope Ando has a good role in the 2nd season. He was a good character that i would like to see more of. Because out of everyone else, he was there for it all, but had no power, which as hiro said, was the true sign of bravery. I dont believe Nathan died. I think he let go of peter and flew away in time, atleast i hope so. I've read a little of other peoples post, but out of 150+ pages, i skim and skip a lot. I see people saying that someone died though in season 1, but i just cant really see who. Micah is still alive with his parents. Maybe the dude who could walk through walls is dead? Even though i really liked his character to, there wasnt to much depth to him, just that he was tried for something he didnt really do, and that he loves his son.

I would really like another shot into the future scene. One that shows us how this event has changed what is to come, and if what is to come is better or worse than what was going to happen. And i loved the end of the season, when the walker girl says, " theres only 1 person i cant find. Its because when i see him, he sees me." That really put a chill to my spine, and made me believe that sylar is just a little bug compared to what is really out there.

And my favorite line from the whole first season would have to be -

What am I thinking now?

bennet- Your last thought! *bam*

Shots of DVD Menu...

Nice screens :)

Just hoping for a high definition disc available to tempt me onto one of the formats. :p

Can't wait for September! Heroes, Spooks, My Name Is Earl. :D

Just hoping for a high definition disc available to tempt me onto one of the formats. :p

there is...the HD-DVD release was announced at the exact same time they announced the regular DVD....it comes out on Aug. 28 (the same release date as the regular DVD)

there is...the HD-DVD release was announced at the exact same time they announced the regular DVD....it comes out on Aug. 28 (the same release date as the regular DVD)

Sweet, I think I might be moving to HD-DVD then :)

I assume that means no Blu-ray?

well considering its a Universal show i highly doubt it....since Universal exclusively supports HD-DVD and all.....