NBC'S Heroes

For those of you asking why Future Hiro doesn't go back in time and just kill Syler, I guess you forgot about the waitress. Remember, he couldn't go back and save her even though he tried many times. Hiro can't go back in time and make overt changes. Ie, he can't go back and save Claire, he can only tell Peter to save her and let Peter do it.

I have been following this latest thread (about whether Sylar, or Peter was the Exploding Man in the future). One thing no one has considered is that Future Hiro may have been partially successful in changing the future. It is quite possible up until the time he 'jumped' to the subway car for his meeting with 'Peter Petrelli from Five Years in the Past', Sylar WAS the exploding man. When he returned, he returned to an altered timeline...one where Claire lived, Peter 'exploded', and Sylar was simply made the scapegoat.

I have been following this latest thread (about whether Sylar, or Peter was the Exploding Man in the future). One thing no one has considered is that Future Hiro may have been partially successful in changing the future. It is quite possible up until the time he 'jumped' to the subway car for his meeting with 'Peter Petrelli from Five Years in the Past', Sylar WAS the exploding man. When he returned, he returned to an altered timeline...one where Claire lived, Peter 'exploded', and Sylar was simply made the scapegoat.

Yep that makes sense. Up until the point where he was stabbed, but not before he told young Hiro what to do, meaning they changed timelines again.

^ affirm..

Season is wrapping up nicely. I have been very impressed this season, and it's funny seeing new people show up watching it now, and I can say "oh yeah I have been watching it since it first came on, and was excited about it when I heard about it in June". It's nice not being a late bloomer sometimes isnt it? :p

Remember Sylar knows if someone has powers or not also, he can "tell how someone ticks" I don't think he can actually tell what power they have unless they use it, but he can tell if they have a power or not?

So Molly seems to be like Cerebro(sp?) she can tell where they are? I just don't see how this is extremely important to "saving the world" I mean its nice to know where Sylar is and all, but if we are being led on to believe that Peter is the bomb, and that he "has to die" then it really doesn't matter.

are you guys sure that Peter gets his dreams power from his mother? I would think he got the power from Simone's father. The old man that died in the very beggining.

are you guys sure that Peter gets his dreams power from his mother? I would think he got the power from Simone's father. The old man that died in the very beggining.

It was clued to in the Ausiello Spoiler report that she helped Peter dream his visions...I think Charles Devereux had different powers and of course she does because shes named in the finale as returning so who knows...

Also that preview yeah sylar can move even tho Hiro stopped time...

No. Sylar was NEVER the exploding man. It was always Peter, and SylarNathan spread it around that it was Sylar to protect Peter. No one knew, except Peter and Sylar, and Sylar wasn't going to tell because he was hidden as Nathan.

Some finale info...

After much time travel and a glimpse at the dark future, alliances and enemies have been established and the heroes haven't given up their quest to save the world. But can Hiro (Masi Oka) stop Sylar (Zachary Quinto)? And can Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) stop himself from exploding? The first season, which has been a whirlwind of secrets and revelations, comes to a close with a thrilling ride that puts all the heroes' lives in danger ? and some do not survive.

Source: TV Guide

Can someone tell me what is the BEST episodes on this show?

So I can check it out see if I like this show or not, before I blindly buy the HD DVD?

As I said earlier, the more probably scenario is that Peter was always the one who exploded. The story given to the media was that Sylar exploded, leading Hiro to the assumption that if Claire survives, Sylar dies and doesn't explode. This is why nothing changed when he returned to the future after visiting Peter. Saving Claire was never going to do anything, as it was always Peter blowing up the city.

Can someone tell me what is the BEST episodes on this show?

So I can check it out see if I like this show or not, before I blindly buy the HD DVD?

I would watch them all on Rewind if you can because in later episodes you will have to remember some of the stuff previous...

No, that's Ok, I just want to get a taste of what show is really like at it's best?

And, if I like what I see, I will watch more.

Just tell me what's the BEST episode?

No, that's Ok, I just want to get a taste of what show is really like at it's best?

I saw 5 years gone as the best episode of the series so far...others may not agree

I saw 5 years gone as the best episode of the series so far...others may not agree

I agree on this. It was a really good episode. Kinda dark but I like it that way. Another top notch epsiode was when Claire walked out of her home with 2nd and 3rd degree burns and heals herself (don't remember the name of the episode)

Seeing anything but the first one first would not make you as interested as it should ;)

---

It's monday today! I shall leave this thread again until I see the episode :D

headed home from work, I will not look at this thread again till in the morning. Will see you all then, hope tonight is awesome!!

No. Sylar was NEVER the exploding man. It was always Peter, and SylarNathan spread it around that it was Sylar to protect Peter. No one knew, except Peter and Sylar, and Sylar wasn't going to tell because he was hidden as Nathan.

Did you ever watch The Twilight Zone? They did an episode about a Washington DC resident who, after leaving one of those exclusive clubs for wealthy people, travels back in time to the night Abraham Lincoln was assassinated. He went to the police, and even tried to see Lincoln himself to warn him. He failed, and soon after, returned to the present. Upon returning to the Club, he discovered a man who had been a servant of the club the night before. Now he was a member. When the main character went back in time, he was able to convince one policeman, who was the servant's ancestor. This policeman believed the time traveller, and risked his career trying to convince his superiors of the danger. Because he was right, the policeman began a meteoric rise in power, and social status, eventually becoming not only the police chief, but very wealthy. Because of this, a person who was once 'staff' (aka a nobody) was now a wealthy member of an old money family. All because one man failed to change history, but was sucessful in altering the pattern of events.

My point is that Future Hiro may have failed to change the major events (the exploding man still exploded), but he did alter certain aspects:

1) In Future Hiro's original timeline, Sylar killed Clair in Texas, and gained her power. By telling Peter to save the cheerleader, he saved her.

2) In the episode when Sylar killed the auto mechanic with the super hearing, they showed Sylar can't always control the powers he steals (at least, not immediately).

3) In last week's episode, it was revealed Sylar likes to try his newly aquired powers immediately.

There is predecent for Sylar being the 'original' exploding man. He kills Sprague, and tries the power out. He loses control, and BOOM!

Future Hiro travelling back in time simply changed who would be the exploding man (from Sylar to Peter), with Sylar getting the blame.