NBC'S Heroes

He was using the ice power from Molly's father. I thought that was understood...

I agree it was ice .. but no way was it from Mollys father.... in that episode Audrey mentions that he was not the first person found frozen.. therefore he had the power before meeting Mollys father.... he got something else from him..... and i didnt go back to look but it has been confirmed that the season finale is only 1 hr... not the 2 hrs as TV.com posted..

I agree it was ice .. but no way was it from Mollys father.... in that episode Audrey mentions that he was not the first person found frozen.. therefore he had the power before meeting Mollys father.... he got something else from him..... and i didnt go back to look but it has been confirmed that the season finale is only 1 hr... not the 2 hrs as TV.com posted..

Ahh, good point about the Audrey's comment. I looked at the scene on NBC.com and Audrey mention both frozen solid, head sawed off as if it were a consistent pattern, so Sylar did get it from someone else. Then... what could Molly's dad do? Maybe Dr. Suresh got it wrong and it should've identified Molly, not her dad? That's always a possibility, since it had Gabriel Grey but he had no real gift, other than being able to figure out how things tic (can't really tell if that's an ability or not).

Ahh, good point about the Audrey's comment. I looked at the scene on NBC.com and Audrey mention both frozen solid, head sawed off as if it were a consistent pattern, so Sylar did get it from someone else. Then... what could Molly's dad do? Maybe Dr. Suresh got it wrong and it should've identified Molly, not her dad? That's always a possibility, since it had Gabriel Grey but he had no real gift, other than being able to figure out how things tic (can't really tell if that's an ability or not).

It is an ability..

Here is my theory about the final and the bomb..

I think Peter will manage it to control Teds power.. Sylar will meet or find Ted and when he tries to slice his head of..Ted will begin to be unstable and bec of the pain he wont be able to control his power.. Nathan will be near.. he will sacrifice himself and take Ted from Sylar (somehow) and take him (fly) out of the city or in the air.. and Tedwill explode and kill Nathan too.. (I think this because according to some spoilers from Adrian Pasdar..he isnt in the plans for season 2).. Sylar will be stopped by the injection of Molly`s virus.. and he will loose his powers..

It is an ability..

I think Peter will manage it to control Teds power.. Sylar will meet or find Ted and when he tries to slice his head of..Ted will begin to be unstable and bec of the pain he wont be able to control his power.. Nathan will be near.. he will sacrifice himself and take Ted from Sylar (somehow) and take him (fly) out of the city or in the air.. and Tedwill explode and kill Nathan too.. (I think this because according to some spoilers from Adrian Pasdar..he isnt in the plans for season 2).. Sylar will be stopped by the injection of Molly`s virus.. and he will loose his powers..

Not bad. They're certainly setting Nathan up to be in that type of situation...being complicit with the bad guys, and then finally making a stand at the last moment, finally becoming a 'hero'.

Not bad. They're certainly setting Nathan up to be in that type of situation...being complicit with the bad guys, and then finally making a stand at the last moment, finally becoming a 'hero'.

I'd say that definately expect the unexpected with this show. I do not believe Peter will be the bomb. Too much has been setup to suggest it.

Oh, I forgot about that comment. Well, in any case, it is ice. We're just not sure where it came from...

No it didn't. I don't think anything was changed. See, I believe future Hiro was confused between Sylar and Peter. Everyone (except peter, nathan and sylar) think that Sylar blew up. But in reality it was Peter who blew up. Claire was never killed in the future either. She just went into hiding. Also the "save the cheerleader, save the world" bit. That's not true. Since it was Peter who blew up, Claire was never killed, as Peter just absorbs powers. So even though Future Hiro told Present Peter to save Claire, it did not alter the timeline, as Future Claire was never killed. Sylar never killed Claire in the future and she just went into hiding, so everyone THOUGHT she was dead.

What? Sylar does have Ted's abilities. He is able to go nuclear when he and peter fought. But yes, I think Peter will blow up.

Claire died... Sylar killed her... think about it - you don't assume someone you don't know nothing about is dead.... Claire was found with head cut open

It is an ability..

No, because in "Five Years Gone" Sylar flew like Nathan, so, to be able to do that he would need his body in one entire piece to cut his head and study his brain.

Sylar has an ability of some sort...

Sylar's original power is intuitive aptitude ? a superhuman ability to determine exactly how things work.

Sylar appears to have used his innate power to discover how to take the superpowers of other evolved humans. The exact mechanism by which Sylar gains these powers is not at present known; however, he believes that Chandra Suresh is correct that the abilities are based in the brain, and several of Sylar's victims have had their skulls opened and brains removed.

Claire died... Sylar killed her... think about it - you don't assume someone you don't know nothing about is dead.... Claire was found with head cut open

Nu uhhhh! Peter said it himself, "I was the bomb! It was me!" Sylar eventually killed Claire when she was visiting Nathan/Sylar. She was in Odessa, TX under a completely different name so that she would remain safe. Sylar obviously couldn't locate her.

Sylar has an ability of some sort...

I was thinking that to be the case, just didn't know how to put it into words or make it appear to be an ability.

Wait a second... If Sylar has an ability why hasn't Peter absorbed it? We haven't seen anything to suggest he has, but he's supposed to absorb the ability of anybody around them if they demonstrate it or not. Hence the fact that he started going nuclear once Ted got next to him.

Wait a second... If Sylar has an ability why hasn't Peter absorbed it? We haven't seen anything to suggest he has, but he's supposed to absorb the ability of anybody around them if they demonstrate it or not. Hence the fact that he started going nuclear once Ted got next to him.

Sylar doesnt actually have an ability to speak of...its just that his senses are more tuned into learning how things work...thats why Peter doesnt have that...and why Sylar slices and dices peoples heads to see where the power actually lies...

So then Chandra really did make a mistake in thinking that Sylar was one of them?

Well yes and no...if you remember he did test him because he thought he had an ability and when he did his tests it came back that there was nothing there...so when Sylar nicked Bryan Davies address and nicked his ability he went back and Chandra saw he could move stuff and thought yes he's patient zero...

SOOPRcow - Yeah I posted the bit up the top about that Sylar had a previous ability that is really a tuned sense then a power...

But that still begs the question of where's Peter's manifestation of Sylar's power?

But thats what I am saying is it a power?...is it just a sense thats over tuned...like a 6th sense...I dunno I wish we knew more about it and where he got the ice from...

It's just too instantaneous to not be a special ability. Remember when Chandra walked into the shop and Sylar instantly knew that his watch wasn't working right? It's got to be a special ability.

But that still begs the question of where's Peter's manifestation of Sylar's power?

Did Peter even have the chance to use it? I mean, has he seen any brains lately?

It's not just brains though, it's anything. And I'm not saying Peter doesn't have it, but you would think that they would show it somewhere. I'm just curious, as it's not really important to the story.

He might have it. But

1) He doesn't know what it is

2) He doesn't know where it came from

3) He doesn't kill people

4) He doesn't eat brains

Peter has OTHER abilities that he doesn't know how to use or know exist, such as his dreams. He doesn't know where they came from, so he can't focus on that person to control them.

Sylar's ability is hardly something that will go cause issues if he doesn't control it, so Peter hasn't had to think about it.