Vista Welcome screen

vista rc 5744-

go to security- user account control- turn it off.

right side of screen click " change the way windows notifies me"

click "do not show"

in xp - go to user accounts and delete asp.net user account

sorry I read your question wrong!

the new welcome screen has domain authentication capabilities now

What about in big businesses with hundreds of staff members?

Or in a school with 1000s of pupils all with their own user areas?

Will ctrl+alt+del not exist even for them?

I haven't tried recently but I am sure CTRL+ALT+DELETE is available when you log on to a domain, otherwise click logon as a different user and then type in the username and password :)

Yes, CTRL-ALT-DEL is available in the updated Welcome screen. Domain fast user switching is something the Mac could do before Windows, so it's nice to finally have that in there.

I'm not sure how well the whole aurora/ribbon/translucent glass screen will play out in a business environment. I'll miss the oldschool logon prompt.

i prefer the classic logon for domains too. a couple of screenies for those who haven't seen it....

1lr4.png

2qz9.png

(yes my domain is named domain... :rolleyes: )

tho I know msgina has been removed, I wish there was a more "Corp" version of the login screen.

With the previous one at work, I would customise the msgina and change the default backdrop. I feel this looks much nicer than the new vista login screen, which IMO looks a bit tacky...

tho I know msgina has been removed, I wish there was a more "Corp" version of the login screen.

With the previous one at work, I would customise the msgina and change the default backdrop. I feel this looks much nicer than the new vista login screen, which IMO looks a bit tacky...

Espchely for corp. and schools, places that need to take things sersouly.

yup pretty much.... I really dislike the default background because it doesn't look serious at all for a Business, nor sets you in the mood for work.

Also I'm unlikely to want to use the userpicture thing either. I'm aware I can set a default one in group policy on longhorn server and I assume we can link pictures to people's accounts so it shows them, but this is completely useless in my place of work(Secondary School)

Also fast user support is again useless for Business machines. Sure its nice to be able to use a machine without booting someone off, but the last thing we need is for a machine to have tons of unused sessions on it, hogging resources(Yes again I guess its a group policy setting)

vista rc 5744-

go to security- user account control- turn it off.

click "do not show"

in xp - go to user accounts and delete asp.net user account

sorry I read your question wrong!

click "do not show"....................

does this option actually exist? Can someone please show me?

PLEASE!!

Personally I prefer the new logon screen and at the school I work at will stop the childrten dragging the logon box around the screen while they are waiting to log on :whistle:

click "do not show"....................

does this option actually exist? Can someone please show me?

PLEASE!!

it's on the left side..... :laugh:

untitledsu5.png

Personally I prefer the new logon screen and at the school I work at will stop the childrten dragging the logon box around the screen while they are waiting to log on

Lol! We used to do that in my old school.. and when it did prompt you to logon, we'd all hit Win+U and get the narrator up :laugh: