Installing Longhorn 3706

I know this is the "Vista Beta" forum, but there was nowhere else which seemed suitable to post this.

I have recently been trying to install Longhorn 3706 but everytime I try I get this error:

Error:

Setup has encountered an error (system file time out of sync, error code is 800b0101).

Please verify that your computer is using the correct time and date and re-run Setup.

This can be done by accessing the BIOS during system startup.

Fatal Error:

Setup failed to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. The setup log files should contain more information.

Does anyone have any sugestions to make this work?

I know this is the "Vista Beta" forum, but there was nowhere else which seemed suitable to post this.

I have recently been trying to install Longhorn 3706 but everytime I try I get this error:

Timebomb, the build is toast.. there is a method to get passed it, but since you didn't even know about the timebomb, Im not going to say how..

Timebomb, the build is toast.. there is a method to get passed it, but since you didn't even know about the timebomb, Im not going to say how..

Hm... so in short "I know how to fix your problem but I am not going to tell you"

Way to go!

Oh I know about the timebomb. Sorry I forgot to mention that. Ive tried setting back the BIOS date back to 2003, but it still doesnt allow the build to install.

The BIOS needs to be set FOUR years back

Here are the BIOS times that i know of - add +1 day to be sure or u might be installing a few hours before the build was ever compiled.

Longhorn 3683 (BIOS 23.09.02)

Longhorn 3706 (BIOS 29.10.02)

Longhorn 3718 (BIOS 19.11.02)

Longhorn 4008 (BIOS 19.02.03)

Longhorn 4011 (BIOS 05.03.03)

Longhorn 4015 (BIOS 28.03.03)

Longhorn 4028 (BIOS 01.07.03)

Longhorn 4029 (BIOS 19.06.03)

Longhorn 4033 (BIOS 17.07.03)

Longhorn 4051 (BIOS 01.10.03)

Longhorn 4053 (BIOS 22.10.03)

Longhorn 4074 (BIOS 25.04.04)

Longhorn 4083 (BIOS 16.05.04)

Longhorn 4093 (BIOS 19.08.04)

Enjoy:)

ps: and wtf are you guys doing? isn't a forum suppose to help people? pffffff

ps: and wtf are you guys doing? isn't a forum suppose to help people? pffffff

some neowin people arnt as nice as those over on the Vista fourms. ( there its almost like one big happy family :shiftyninja: ),

some neowin people arnt as nice as those over on the Vista fourms. ( there its almost like one big happy family :shiftyninja: ),

unfortunately this is what it looks like :(

quick tip: look at the timestamps of the compiled files on the DVD.. this should give you an idea on how to set your bios time...

or just look at the post above