Need For Speed:Carbon Released!

I have just fetched my copy of Need For Speed:Carbon Collector's Edition from the shop. This might very well be the best NFS in the series as I've just noticed that it has Challenge Series similar to Most Wanted :woot: . I've already installed as I'm in Starbucks at the moment so it's time to find out about it. Here are two images of the box cover and the game disk for you to enjoy (or not :shifty: ).

post-151171-1162300982.jpg

post-151171-1162301132.jpg

Scirwode

i hope its really good.. i didnt even bother with the demo coz of all the issues people were having.. but i do hope that is just something with the demo and that the full final is a lot better coz i'd really like to add Carbon to my collection :)

Damn, lucky you mate. I don't remember when it comes out here in the US, but I sure enjoyed the demo alot for PC. I know people complained about how the handling was horrible and it sucked etc, but I liked it.

Always room for a nice non-super-realism-sim racing game I always say!

i hope its really good.. i didnt even bother with the demo coz of all the issues people were having.. but i do hope that is just something with the demo and that the full final is a lot better coz i'd really like to add Carbon to my collection :)

dont worry about the demo it really isnt as bad as they say, im sure your a hardcore NFS fan just like me so its easy to adapt to the new driving styles people seem to hate.

i need this game now!! not out til 3rd of nov here :cry:

I hope the game is actually better then the demo, demo totally sucked..it is more then just driving styles we dont like...stupid blurryness,people have issues witht he game lagging even when we have highend systems, This game I will not be wasting $59.99 on. Already wasted that on BF2142.

The demo pales in comparison to the full game. The storyline is really, really intriguing - from the start you're asking questions on Nikki, Darius and Cross. It has the movies where it's a combination of real people and the game but the characters are also rendered in 3D. In the online mode, you can become a cop (finally :woot: !) and the way it handles is pretty intriguing. I let you all find out for yourself ;) .

There is also quite a lot of new content. For one thing, you can choose your crew. You start out with Neville but you can have a maximum of 3 and can fire them if you don't like them. There are also cop chases and the interface is a bit different than Most Wanted. You can also choose a logo for your new crew, similar to TFK, 21's Street and Bushido. You can even change the colours of the logo to suit your needs though I haven't found out how, I'll get back to you on that.

The graphics in the Demo were bad. In the full game, it's much better. My graphic card isn't that good and I haven't yet found a sweet spot in there yet but when I do, I show you a screenshot. Oh, and Elite_graphix, the DVD size is 3.25 GB.

Scirwode

is there a free-Roam similar to underground 2 and MW? Or is it similar to Underground 1?

You can roam the city like Most Wanted but as I've only started playing the game, I haven't yet found out much. One thing I miss is that there is no button to look back. Instead, you have to rely on the rearview mirror so I am a bit peeved at that.

You can only be cop in online mode ?

That's what the loading screen says :p .

Scirwode

Does the full game is better than the Demo?

Iono, does the full game really is better than the demo?

Lucky guy...it doesn't come out in Australia till November 9! :cry: which is next week (Thursday to be exact)! but I'll definitely be getting this for my 360 :happy:

In the Demo it says:

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (32Bit Edition only), Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 operating system Intel Pentium 4 (or equivalent) CPU running at 1.7GHz or higher

64MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (NVIDIA Geforce4 Ti/ATI Radeon 8500 or higher) using a supported chipset (see below) 512MB RAM DirectX compatible sound card

whats up with everyones english in the last few posts?? :p

anyway- the collectors is only like ?4 more than the normal one- and i dont think u get all that extra stuf- its just the normal dvd and the bonus showing the making of the game etc..