Need For Speed:Carbon Released!

So, how would you guys rate it? And how'd you compare it to MW?

It sounds good enough to get.

I've gone quite far in the game and so far, I'm enjoying it. I would definitely recommend you to get it.

Does the full game is better than the Demo?

Iono, does the full game really is better than the demo?

Yes and yes :laugh: . I think EA deliberately made sure the demo was inferior to the full game to ensure that a lot of people don't start playing it for long periods of time. That's why it was so bad which in a way is the total opposite of what a demo is all about :no: .

Lucky guy...it doesn't come out in Australia till November 9! :cry: which is next week (Thursday to be exact)! but I'll definitely be getting this for my 360 :happy:

Lucky me :whistle: .

Well, since I've replied to everyone I think should be replied, I think it's time I give my personal opinion on the game. I'm sure you're all wondering what the game has to offer so I'll try to be clear on this part :D . I will only cover the Career mode as that is the only one I've touched so bear with me on that.

• Racing in NFS:Carbon: The races in NFS:Carbon are somewhat similar to Most Wanted, in that most of them were just brought forward to Carbon. However, there are a few new introductions as well as 2 ideas that were originally in NFS:U2. Drag racing is absent here while Toll Booth racing has been replaced by Checkpoint racing, which is similar in concept to the former. Then you've got Sprint, Circuit and Speedtrap. Drifting, which was missing from NFS:MW has returned to NFS:Carbon and in a way it is much more forgiving for beginners, but don't let that fool you. Then, there is something which is similar to NFS:U2 outrun races but which is better than the original.
    New races are Canyon Drifting and Canyon Racing. Drifting in NFS:U2 has traffic, in NFS:Carbon - no traffic. This doesn't make it easier as you have to make sure you hit the corners just right to get the multipliers going. And then there is the danger of you falling over the cliff - seriously. So no more banging on the walls. The same is true for Canyon Racing, you go against other crews or you face off with the boss of the canyon.

• Crew hiring and firing You can have crew members in select races, where they can help change the outcome of the race. There are three classes - drafters, blockers and scouts. This is unique in which that you have to choose carefully which crew member you wish to bring into the race. Some crew members can help lower your heat while others give you extra cash after winning a race. Also, some of them have certain skills such as Fabricators or Mechanics and the Autosculpt feature heavily depends on this. Example, I cannot autosculpt my wheels unless I have Chris from TFK in my crew.
    I currently have Neville as my blocker, Chris from TFK as my drafter and Yumi from Bushido as my scout. Once you race, you realise that blockers and drafters are better for Sprint and Speedtraps while the scout will really help you find those back alleys in Circuit races. You can have a minimum of one or a maximum of three and you can fire or hire crews if you wish. Also, having a crew in racing helps in which they sometimes warn you when there are other racers behind you. Pay attention to what they are saying and you might be able to block off any attack from behind or in front.

• World Map and Territory: The World Map is separated in small territories. Start winning races, and you become closer to taking over that territory. Once you've win almost all the territories, the rival crew boss will have you on their crosshairs. You first prove your worth by racing in the world map before moving to the canyon. Now, you are probably thinking that once you've taker over a territory, then you don't have to go back, right? Wrong, as rival crews can also take over the territory if you're not careful. So when they start challenging you, you have to race. Or else your forfeit and they own one more track in a territory.
    The world is bigger than NFS:MW but I haven't explored everywhere so I'm still a bit short there. Shortcuts are not highlighted here so you have to search for yourself or let your scout do it during a race.

• Movies which Gamespot says "are so bad they are so good" Good news! The movies which we all like are back and this time, there's more :woot: ! The story focuses on the one night where you went missing (before you roll into Rockport) and the many things that happened during that night. As the game progresses, you learn bits and pieces about what happened that night from all perspectives, as apparently some of your crew members were also there so you listen to what they have to say on that night.
    Then you got Darius. Razor was the show off punk racer with a big mouth, Darius is the more cool, sophisticated and cold character who works behind the scenes. You are trying to figure out what Darius has in store for you and you learn this through Nikki, your former girlfriend, who doesn't like you back in Palmont considering what happened in the past. You also have to contend with Cross, who is not a Sergeant if I might add, yet he seems to have something up his sleeve. If NFS:MW is any indicator, expect plot suprises when you finish the game.
    Might I also add that in certain races such as the boss races, you get a little TV monitor on the left that shows their "happy feelings" during the races, if you get my drift. In a way, it's kind of corny but sometimes funny :laugh: .

Graphics in this game are I believe good, but since I don't have a good graphic card for that, I let others post their results, alright ;) ? I'm playing at what I believe are NFS:MW like graphics. Any higher and I have to sacrifice performance.

I've only explored a small part of the game and there is more but I've highlighted the main points of the game. The rest, I let you all find out for yourself once you have the game in your hands ;) . Good luck and happy racing :D .

Scirwode

Edited by Scirwode

Reading that, it sounds like EA has put out another suck ass NFS game.. I really wish someone puts out something like PES6 that destroys EA's FIFA2007 for racing games.

I preordered my copy of the collector's edition on Play.com a couple of weeks ago. Should be here in the next couple of days.

I must say, when I preordered it - I wasn't that bothered about getting it, it's just that I'd had most of the NFS games and wanted to maintain my collection. I also enjoyed NFS MW.

But reading the various threads about it here, I'm really looking forward to receiving it now, more so than I thought I would.

Also looking forward to being the cop :p

I seem to remember you could do that on one of the really old NFS games, Hot Pursuit I think it was.. great fun anyway!

can someone answer my question?

I don't think you get all that stuff with collector's edition.

According to Play.com, you get the following extra things:

4 additional cars,

10 pre-tuned cars

6 new races

Bonus DVD movies / music

Reading that, it sounds like EA has put out another suck ass NFS game.. I really wish someone puts out something like PES6 that destroys EA's FIFA2007 for racing games.

They tried, but all have failed ;) .

I preordered my copy of the collector's edition on Play.com a couple of weeks ago. Should be here in the next couple of days.

I must say, when I preordered it - I wasn't that bothered about getting it, it's just that I'd had most of the NFS games and wanted to maintain my collection. I also enjoyed NFS MW.

But reading the various threads about it here, I'm really looking forward to receiving it now, more so than I thought I would.

Also looking forward to being the cop :p

I seem to remember you could do that on one of the really old NFS games, Hot Pursuit I think it was.. great fun anyway!

I don't think you get all that stuff with collector's edition.

According to Play.com, you get the following extra things:

4 additional cars,

10 pre-tuned cars

6 new races

Bonus DVD movies / music

but I heard those only come with the collector's edition.

^Interesting.

I'll post here with exactly what I received in the next few days when I get it :)

well what I meant was that it should come with a Bonus DVD, a T-shirt a FAQ book of some sort and etc. it's in the picture I posted.

4 additional cars,

10 pre-tuned cars

6 new races

Bonus DVD movies / music

so thats the sutff thats in other dvd in the collectors edition. that doesnt really seem that much to fill up a dvd :s

Is 40 FPS decent with the maximum setting? The racing seems really slow..

But I have to agree with Scirwode, the full game is better than the demo, which is a surprise. Still don't like drifting though.

Is 40 FPS decent with the maximum setting? The racing seems really slow..

But I have to agree with Scirwode, the full game is better than the demo, which is a surprise. Still don't like drifting though.

I havent/probably wont be playing the PC version, but the ps2 version also seems extremely slow. I'm impressed with the new drifting system, but I hate actually doing it. The ps2 version also seems to be rather buggy, but I havent heard anything on the same things appearing in the pc version from my friends.

In the end, I am much happier with NFSU2, or NFS:MW. The only thing NFS:C has going for it in the end is the level of customization...lacks everywhere else.

there's a ton of us who pre-ordered the game on EA Link, which use to be EA downloader. and havent got it yet. there was some big screw up on EA's end and didnt allow us to download it at all. We were told we'd be the first people to get to play it before anyone else, yah right.

EA Link is now saying 8 hours till download, November 2nd release date.. And there was never any official words from EA on this problem.

I havent/probably wont be playing the PC version, but the ps2 version also seems extremely slow. I'm impressed with the new drifting system, but I hate actually doing it. The ps2 version also seems to be rather buggy, but I havent heard anything on the same things appearing in the pc version from my friends.

In the end, I am much happier with NFSU2, or NFS:MW. The only thing NFS:C has going for it in the end is the level of customization...lacks everywhere else.

I don't know what it is, but the racing seems a lot slower than MW. I gotta see if I disable stuff if the racing pace picks up.

Edit: after putting details to low, the racing doesn't seem any faster. I wonder if 40 fps is good enough.

Edited by Hova

this game does rock... been playing it all day today- at full settings and 1600x1200res (shame it doesnt support wide screen) about 20% compelte so far. i only hate the new drifting style.i can never get it right and always end up doing like 10-15 re-tries before i even get close to the higher scores... :(

ps. how do u take screen shots within the game-i.e. during a race...?

when I played it, the game is having flickering pixels everywhere... is there a way to fix this? Well the pixels only appear when I am driving in the city. is there a way to fix this?

After playing this game for a bit, I honestly feel that it's really no different from MW. Sure, there are tons more cars to buy, including some classic muscle cars, but aside from some graphical upgrades the game doesn't really stand out in the Need for Speed series the way most wanted did. Plus, I miss daytime racing -- is that out of style now?

I miss daytime racing too. They should have a sunset/sunrise moment in the game, that'll really show off the graphics. And it'll be such a nice scene too.

The road in my rear-view mirror doesn't show up, so I can barely see anything...does anybody else have this problem?

did you turn it on?