Need For Speed:Carbon Released!

Any way to run it in windowed mode ?

When I try to close the game, it just stops altogether and I have to reset...If I could run it in a window I could alt+tab and shut it down maybe..

:wacko:

Same here..

Except I can't alt+tab or anything. Either I wait 10 minutes, or reset computer.

Bloody hell.

Patch time EA?

How do we report this to EA btw?

I also read something in the manual.. it says that we can also download new cars and parts to use in career mode and throughout the game. Awesome.

I tried playing this for a while, and while I'm not too fond of night-time racing again, the game's not bad. I was a bit creeped out at first over the thought of cops being completely missing, but they're still there. (see below for a screenshot).

Performance wise, it runs alright. Graphic settings were all on maximum, except shader detail was set at medium and the motion blur was turned off. That motion blur is awful, just as bad as it was in Underground 1. WTF.

(Try entering 'picture mode' and enabling motion blur. The textures flicker like mad.)

nfsc1rc2.th.png

Next time EA shouldn't try this crap again: release a completely POS demo and expect to attract sales from anyone.

Don't you have to pay for the extra downloads? On the 360, you have to pay to unlock them on the disc if you are too lazy to unlock them yourself.

On EA's site, it looks like you have to pay to access downloads for the PC. If they do it like the 360's way, I wouldn't mind that much (I'm not that lazy). But to pay for an extra car or something that's not on the disc, no thanks.

Edited by Hova

Okay, I just spent an hour with the game and DVD, and man, that cross dude is really ****ing me off!

Some notes I gathered:

- Tmobile is finally in games!! (now it'd be cool if they would have used the sidekick GUI for the texts)

- Either my PS2 controller is broken, or I can't change the views for my life. I hate the "behind the car" camera view.

- Why does the BMW always have to be damaged?

Okay, I just spent an hour with the game and DVD, and man, that cross dude is really ****ing me off!

Why, what did Cross do to you :blink: ?

Scirwode

Anyone else feel like buying a package of chewing gum when looking the characters teeths

omg yes..the in-game cutscenes are horrible! Everyone looks like a monkey and has bad teeth :no:

omg yes..the in-game cutscenes are horrible! Everyone looks like a monkey and has bad teeth :no:

:laugh: . I doubt that having good dental care is part of the criteria of being a street racer :whistle: :shifty: . Seriously though, it is annoying to hear them laugh and then suck their breath in. Even when you're ten seconds in the lead, they think their superior :wacko: .

Scirwode

Try in My Documents.

i tried to copy the nfsc file from my laptops to desktop (after creating the same alias) but says "unable to load". Has anyone been successful in transfering the game data???

just finished it. this game is so damn easy, i won every race, 0 losses. I was hoping for a difficult racing game but apparently that doesnt happen anymore.

Can any of you who got the game tell me if it supports captions? thanks.

nope there is no captions.

and speaking of teeth, i thought i was the only one who had that 'problem'...but luckily not :D

just finished it. this game is so damn easy, i won every race, 0 losses. I was hoping for a difficult racing game but apparently that doesnt happen anymore.

it was hard enough for me. still one of the easiest nfs'es ever :D

Ermmm, what the hell?

After you beat Angie and Kenji, i completed all the races left in their territory. Now i got a "RaceWar" race left in Kenji's Territory and

they are all driving Tier 3 cars. I can't buy any Tier 3 cars yet, so I'm pretty much getting smoked on the straight roads in my Lotus.

I had a perfect launch, took every shortcut with grace and was pretty much ahead but those cars smoke me no matter what.

Any tips?