Who's getting a Zune?

Who's getting a Zune?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy/switch to a Zune?

• Yes
    • No

i hope this sort of poll hasn't been done before..

well i took some time to look at the zune today and i like it a lot and have decided to buy one. i will be trading it in for my iriver (i'll sell my iriver soon)

edit:

wtf happened to my poll?

I remember making one a while ago but since it's almost time for their launch i think a new one should be good.

I pre-ordered my Zune and I'm counting down the days for it to come to my house.

It's going to be a sweet piece of an mp3 player

i would but if it only supported as many video codecs as my zvm and had as many colors and had as great sq. but i might in a couple months as a back up dap.

i voted no cause i have an old rio wiht 64mb memory that still works fine and keeps me going during my exercises. why do i need to be zuned? ouch!!!!! :o :|

lol but i cant believe aNyOnE here is seriously considering buying a zune. this is a total sink/loser product :no:

but i guess its stylish?

apple computers weren't so attractive when they started

give it some time.

i can feel that this is a good idea.

I changed my mind, I'm not getting one at launch.

I thought they were going to be cool, and beat the iPod, and everything would be grand.

I'm having doubts, so I will wait for the initial reaction at launch or else I will just replace my (broken) iPod with a newer one.

lol but i cant believe aNyOnE here is seriously considering buying a zune. this is a total sink/loser product :no:

but i guess its stylish?

what makes you say that?

to me the zune is what the next generation iriver H3xx should have been. bigger screen, wi-fi, double as a data storage drive.. plus much more. that's why i'm "upgrading"

but as big as that thing is, i really don't like the 13 hour battery life.. 2 years ago my iriver was going about 19 hours and the last time i tested it was going strong at 16 hours.

Nope, it's bigger than the iPod, it's not as nice looking, it's wifi is useless, it's screen, while bigger, isn't any better than the iPod's (in fact, being that it's bigger and the same resolution, it's worse than the iPod's), and on top of them all, I just got a new head unit for my car that has an iPod plug for easy iPod use.

Basically, the Zune has a prettier UI, but other than that there is very little reason to care to switch. The wireless feature will surely be no more than a novelty due to it's lack of functions (only sharing), and then restrictions for even those functions (the DRM it uses). No reason for me to throw out a perfectly good 5G iPod just to buy a Zune.

Now, with a touch screen iPod imminent, I'm more interested in the next iPod and Zune.

Recently checked out a display model in person. By far the white is the best looking. The black was medicore and the brown was...well "Dookie" brown. The skin of the Zune is interesting, kind of rubberized with a solid core, Easy to grip and walk with.

people shouldn't be judging it, i mean just because its not an ipod doesn't mean it has to suck. to me its better. it looks better and YOU seriously CANT judge the WIFI. its the first time its been on a DAP and well it might be cool, its like the ipod videos video feature. just a really small bonus.

Just because the screen is bigger than the ipods with the same resolution is no reason not to get the zune. would you rather watch a dvd on a 13 inch tv or a 32 inch tv? same difference

I changed my mind, I'm not getting one at launch.

I thought they were going to be cool, and beat the iPod, and everything would be grand.

I'm having doubts, so I will wait for the initial reaction at launch or else I will just replace my (broken) iPod with a newer one.

You are being sarcastic, right? If you're going to base your descision off of popularity and the "cool" factor, then just you're probably better off getting another overhyped ipod... :blink:

By the way, i'm looking for the intellectual section of this thread. I'd really appreciate it if someone would kindly point me towards the right direction ;)

Anyways, as for me, i'm steering clear of the Zune. It doesn't really offer anything new except crippled WiFi and a sleek interface. I think my Vision:m will suit me well for the next couple months (until the X-fi embedded DAP's come out :) )