Who's getting a Zune?

Who's getting a Zune?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy/switch to a Zune?

• Yes
    • No

this is what "he" said: "I changed my mind, I'm not getting one at launch.

I thought they were going to be cool, and beat the iPod, and everything would be grand.

I'm having doubts, so I will wait for the initial reaction at launch or else I will just replace my (broken) iPod with a newer one."

:unsure: Is it time to readjust your monitor, my friend?

Alright, well the over hyped part is still untrue. :rolleyes:

Seeing as it been delayed in Europe like SO many other things atm, i might just give up and get an ipod i think. unless i can find a nice one from america, and make sure it works here.

screw the zune, im excited for creatives supposed to release an X-fi dap at CES 2007, meaning it will be the best sounding dap. But, the only the zune looks great is it s GUI and that wifi, the zen has a 262k screen which oddly enough is still the brightest, 4hours of vid supports 7 codecs. if the screen was a 262k, ut supported seven codecs of vid and also had great sq like my zen i would go for it. even if its a closed system. BUT it doesnt have those so its a no no for me, Ipod cant even compare as its a stupid basic boring player. boring gui and just plain old boring design, maybe and hopefuly the zune will be something new.

I remember making one a while ago but since it's almost time for their launch i think a new one should be good.

I pre-ordered my Zune and I'm counting down the days for it to come to my house.

It's going to be a sweet piece of an mp3 player

It is AMAZING

No because one, once again MS has left the Mac community out of the loop, and two, I prefer the simplicity of the iPod/iTunes/Mac platform and I am a firm believer that MS can come close but they will never reach the same level of simplicity that the iPod integration has reached.

The zune is nice, but it has a long way to go, and like I said, I'm a Mac user so I'll be using my iPod for a while :D

It is AMAZING

I wouldnt say it is "AMAZING" there are definitely a few kinks that need to be worked out, but I have yet to find any major annoyance. I prefer my zune to my (5.5g) ipod, actually- and i'm already really excited to see what else microsoft has to offer (the "nano" zune, and the 2nd generation zune someday!).

if anyone has any specific questions about the device or its functionality that you cant find answers to on the net, pm me or ask in the thread and i'll do my best to answer!

I'll probably get one as a Christmas present for 2007, as I've already used up my birthday and Christmas present this year on an HDTV for my room.

yep, i've also decided to buy it for myself for christmas, along with a digi cam...

i'm going to buy my zune just before winter break (15th) which is also my vacation to Africa, i've got a few DVD's ripped to my laptop, got the headphones. All i need now is zune and i'll most likely do my music uploading in the plane.

i do have a question though..

the USB cable, does it allow you to charge and use the device at the same time?

I was thinking, if i had it plugged in, i wanted it to charge while i uploaded my files on it?

if you've heard, a bunch of airlines are going to integrate all this stuff for the ipod and it charges as you're listening to your player..

Does ITunes music/support not work on the Zune because of the fact that Apple doesn't open up the ability to do so? In other words does MS need to get "code" or permission from Apple to allow ITunes songs to work on the Zune?

Do ITunes songs work on any other MP3 player, or just IPods? If they only work on IPods then I'm surprised that so many people are complaing that the Zune doesn't support it. That would mean the 100's of other MP3 players don't support it either but yet I don't see any forums complaing about that.

I think the WI-FI possiblites will be awesome, sure right now it's pretty limited, but all MS has to do is throw out some software updates and it could open up Video Sharing, games, wifi sync... The stuff they could add in is pretty much endless since the hardware is all ready supplied, Zune owners won't have to go out and buy a second or third generation Zune to get the benefits. However, on a Ipod everytime something is add it requires new hardware.

The 3 plays thing on the songs, I think make sense. A: it cuts down on illegal music sharing, B: if so many people say they buy songs anyway, then what does it matter if you can only play a particular song 3 times. It's nifty to since you can flag them as songs you actually like and when you do decide to go buy them you don't have to spend hours searching for the songs you heard that you did want to buy.

Personally I would much rather have someone send me a song to listen to, over putting somone elses nasty, disease encased eyebuds into my ears. Blech, nasty nasty nasty.

I do hope to get one, and try it out for myself, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions based on what other people say. I can't tell you how many times Movie critics say how horrible or great a movie is and then I go see it and feel the exact opposite.

I have a tough time beleiving the media anymore, buy a zune, use a zune and then voice your complaints, if you have physically never used one I think it's a bit arrogant to judge it. That goes for anything, not just the Zune or Ipod, or Mac vrs MS.

You don't let someone else tell you what food you like do you? You don't know until you try it.

Not me but I would not get an iPod either, those things are GARBAGE! Steve Jobs complimenting those sorry music players I find very insulting! Lying ******! Don't waste your money on iPods! If you are going to get something, a Zune you should consider.

if i'm lucky... i'm looking to get 3 zune's this saterday.. yes, you read that right.. 3, THREE... i'm going to sell two of them.. anyone interested if i get them? $250 shipped.. compared to $270 after taxes.. let me know.

Well Zune won't even been released here (Au) for some time (2008 I think it was?), so I'll probably end up getting an iPod. But going from the reviews of the Zune, it's not looking tobe that good anyway :/ shame really.

I like my Zune. the hardware is really nice, the software is fairly solid. Despite being a stripped down version of WMP11, the Zune software actually loads faster and runs better than WMP11. One thing that totally killed me was the realization that most of my favorite albums wouldn't play on the Zune because they were from MSN Music or URGE. So I ended up having to burn and re-rip all of them, which is an absolute nightmare for an audiophile.

Learned my first lesson, and it was a big one. Don't buy music online if you care about audio quality or having any actual choice in the future with your music. DRM is a stupid lock-in mechanism that takes away your freedom to use it anywhere. Until they start offering lossless albums with DRM that is 100% store/device independent, I'll be sticking to buying CDs and ripping them myself.

i got it... tested it... returned it.. very disappointed.

yea, it was different and really cool and nice to hold, but it just didn't feel right.. the song transfers were retarded. 3 plays or 3 days then it's deleted.. and a few other things i can't remember it.

oh well. sticking with the iriver.