Who's getting a Zune?

Who's getting a Zune?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy/switch to a Zune?

• Yes
    • No

No, I won't. Why?..

It's easy... Microsoft is just making it because it can't let Apple to control digital life. Secondly, if you compare Microsoft Zune to new iPod which should be released in 1-2 months tine, Zune isn't so impressing. Thirdly and the last one, I am waiting for iPhone, which will connect digital music player, cell phone, smart phone... This why I still going to wait for some time.

One more thing about the iTunes. I didn't use it a lot in past. But installed maybe a month ago and used it for ~20 minutes, and you know what?.. After some time I still want to download it again, install and use more than WMP.

how do you even know apple will be releasing an ipod ins one to two months? theres not even a hint besides that touch patent thats probably for the touch pad on the macbooks.

• 2 weeks later...
No, I won't. Why?..

It's easy... Microsoft is just making it because it can't let Apple to control digital life. Secondly, if you compare Microsoft Zune to new iPod which should be released in 1-2 months tine, Zune isn't so impressing. Thirdly and the last one, I am waiting for iPhone, which will connect digital music player, cell phone, smart phone... This why I still going to wait for some time.

One more thing about the iTunes. I didn't use it a lot in past. But installed maybe a month ago and used it for ~20 minutes, and you know what?.. After some time I still want to download it again, install and use more than WMP.

I agree with you on that one, but I also think this is all a big sceme just so they can get back custmors that they lost to apple during the long vista delay. The Zune isn't that munch a "wow" factor, and the fact it requres someone else to have a zune for some features to work is just a bit lame... and they should have added that in the 2ed or 3rd gen ( if it makes it that long ) so if it takes off and becomes popluar then that would have been a feature they could have added in the next gen.

I'm intrested in the 6th gen ipod. Apple is good with hush hush unlike microsoft :rolleyes: so it will be all good.

how do you even know apple will be releasing an ipod ins one to two months? theres not even a hint besides that touch patent thats probably for the touch pad on the macbooks.

Dude, mac world 07 :rolleyes:

plus if it will be a touch screen it WONT have the same touchpad as found on the macbooks. Diferent matteral.

So far rumors of the 6th gen ipod are:

• It will be the true video ipod
  • 3.5" LCD
  • click whell will be gone and replaced with buttons on the side
  • view ipod vercical or horzantal.
  • Longer battery life
  • Possble Wifi intergradtion.

basicly a Zune, but apple style.

NOT getting a Zune. I am quite happy with my Vcast service on my mobile phone. One device is all I want actually.

Massive difference! Zune is out now.

but includes lame features that only work when your freinds have a zune. Or my favorite one: The online store and the "points" Now why the **** do we need to have certian amount of points just to buy some music? At least with iTunes its "money" and you don't need like 50 points that will take like 6 months just to buy a few tracks.Microsoft is treating the Zune like its some kind of video game. ITS A DAMN PORTABLE MEDIA PLAYER! NOT A PSP. its leading people to use file sharing programs to download music, unless they like the "pont system" whitch I can't see why anyone would.

Also, mac World 07 is comming out next month, so we should see if the 6th gen ipod will come.

i see that they CAN go somewhere with the Wi-Fi. like syncing to the store with it, or some other crap. i do agree though, the points system is just plain ridiculous

i see that they CAN go somewhere with the Wi-Fi. like syncing to the store with it, or some other crap. i do agree though, the points system is just plain ridiculous

Store: Nope, only to other zune players..

Points system: Yeah, its like there might be a few tracks from lets say Green Day you want, you bought two, but there is one more you want, but you don't have enough points for it so you wait 3-6 months just to get those points, and you may forgot about that Green Day song you wanted, and bought something else, Then you remember and now you have to wait another 3 months just to get the points back. and I heard your limet is 400 points? thats just crazy.Plus no more Plays for sure, so your stuck with this lame ass store...

That's a big selling point to me. The Wi-Fi, and the capabilities. Look at how much they did with the PSP!

but includes lame features that only work when your freinds have a zune.

WTF. :blink: :huh:

That's like saying Game Boy Advance had this lame-ass multiplayer feature that only worked when your freinds had a GBA. :rolleyes:

That's a big selling point to me. The Wi-Fi, and the capabilities. Look at how much they did with the PSP!

WTF. :blink: :huh:

That's like saying Game Boy Advance had this lame-ass multiplayer feature that only worked when your freinds had a GBA. :rolleyes:

Don't be smart with me... I was just saying to snyc music files from player to player you need to have another zune, and the Wi-Fi takes up battery life too..

Don't be smart with me... I was just saying to snyc music filesfrom player to player you need to have another zune

Erm, yes, what else you going to sync to? Name me another MP3 player with Wi-Fi that syncs with other players. So of course you need another Zune.

Dear me. Next you'll be moaning that phones have this lame-ass feature which only works if someone else has a phone. :rolleyes:

and the Wi-Fi takes up battery life too..

Well, it's not exactly running off thin air...hey, listening to music on the Zune takes up battery life! It must be a useless feature! :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

I want a Zune. I bought a Sansa e260 for my birthday in August and couldn't wait for the Zune since I needed a player. My friend owns a Zune and I played around with it for a bit and it was awesome, I love the interface and the functionality was great. I'm really looking forward to getting a Zune as my next player, hopefully a new version comes out :).

OK, at this point the poll shows things about 53% no and 47% yes (in favor of buying a zune).

To those who responded that are going to (or are seriously considering to) buy a Zune, could you post a few words about WHY you want to buy a Zune rather than any other MP3 player? What is the main attraction of a Zune over something else?

As to the Wifi "bonus," I saw some guy walking the streets downtown yesterday waving his hand around. On closer look it was a Zune. I asked what he was doing and he explained that he was trying to locate other Zunes. He's had his for a couple of weeks and found only one other Zuner. They exchanged a song or two and he said that it took forever as it appeared that they kept resyncing. He also noted that the FM tuner was not worth the trouble as stations kept fading in and out as he walked. Like many other small personal radio devices, it probably uses the earbud wire as the antenna. Please note that this took place near San Jose, CA where there are so many strong FM stations that they broadcast from my metal fillings! I wish I had my camera!

As an owner of a Zune for a while now, all I can say is I do NOT regret the $250 investment in the Zune. The only thing I regret is the $1 which went to the recording industry. (I got my Zune on sale, so I consider one of the dollars I saved to be that dollar)

Every time I use my Zune I am more and more amazed by it. As for wireless, I have several friends who have one. We wireless all the time. We all have completely different taste in music (Between Metal, Christian, and Techno - see if you can guess which one is mine!) so we wouldn't want to share music anyways. However, we love to share funny pictures we make and find on the internet. Nothing quite like running into a friend, telling him to turn on his wireless, and making him laugh.

OK, at this point the poll shows things about 53% no and 47% yes (in favor of buying a zune).

To those who responded that are going to (or are seriously considering to) buy a Zune, could you post a few words about WHY you want to buy a Zune rather than any other MP3 player? What is the main attraction of a Zune over something else?

As to the Wifi "bonus," I saw some guy walking the streets downtown yesterday waving his hand around. On closer look it was a Zune. I asked what he was doing and he explained that he was trying to locate other Zunes. He's had his for a couple of weeks and found only one other Zuner. They exchanged a song or two and he said that it took forever as it appeared that they kept resyncing. He also noted that the FM tuner was not worth the trouble as stations kept fading in and out as he walked. Like many other small personal radio devices, it probably uses the earbud wire as the antenna. Please note that this took place near San Jose, CA where there are so many strong FM stations that they broadcast from my metal fillings! I wish I had my camera!

Its main attraction is the screen really. The three inch screen is gorgeous despite its "lack of pixels".

Second is the SQ. I can drive IEMs straight out from the headphone out jack and it has no hiss or any ambient noises whatsoever. The player seems to have a nice built-in DAC that reproduces the SQ well. I also like the preset EQ on the player.

Third must be the fact that it is made by Microsoft. Because it is made by them, I expect lots of updates in a short period of time.

Fourth is the graphical user interface. It processes very smoothly with a very eye catching motion and placements of text and arts. This is subjective but Zune's interface is sofar the best interface I've used with the ease of usage and its attractiveness.

I have many other reasons but I guess the four I've mentioned sums it up pretty much. I'm eager to see the brand and the player expand as the time goes.

Its main attraction is the screen really. The three inch screen is gorgeous despite its "lack of pixels".

Second is the SQ. I can drive IEMs straight out from the headphone out jack and it has no hiss or any ambient noises whatsoever. The player seems to have a nice built-in DAC that reproduces the SQ well. I also like the preset EQ on the player.

Third must be the fact that it is made by Microsoft. Because it is made by them, I expect lots of updates in a short period of time.

Fourth is the graphical user interface. It processes very smoothly with a very eye catching motion and placements of text and arts. This is subjective but Zune's interface is sofar the best interface I've used with the ease of usage and its attractiveness.

I have many other reasons but I guess the four I've mentioned sums it up pretty much. I'm eager to see the brand and the player expand as the time goes.

I agree with you 100%.

I put the same movie (FF7 Advent Children) on both my Zune and my brother's Ipod 30gig video. The video was wide screen, since that was the dvd version I had. It was pretty hard to see what was going on in detail on the ipod due to the small screen. However, on the Zune, it was nice and big.

I have watched many movies on my Zune, and it is a great size!