ObjectDock 1.5 released

od-headline.gif

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Stardock has released ObjectDock 1.5. ObjectDock is a program that lets users add docks on their computer. These docks can host programs, running tasks, docklets, and more. They're a great way to organize your desktop and they're incredibly cool to use.

ObjectDock 1.5 has a ton..TON of new features in it. These features include Windows Vista compatibility, a new image searching feature, .DockZip support, a new algorithm for zoom docks, drag and drop support for items on docks, tabbed docks rotate automatically when docking them with a screen edge if necessary, a host of mouse-over activation features, and more.

ObjectDock is freeware. Stardock also makes a Plus version called ObjectDock Plus which adds tabbed docks, multiple concurrent dock support, system tray support, task grouping support and much more.

Does anyone know if this release will allow FULL icon zooming on tabbed docks? I've used previous versions that have a "enable zoom effect for tabbed docks" option but it only allows zooming of a few pixels larger than whatever size you have them set to.

Just upgraded from 1.3 to 1.5. Some of the new features are nice. ObjectDock is the best dock app, imo.

Edited by drygnfyre

and this app still in developing?. pff. There are free alternative (I know that this has a free version too) a lot better. Bah. Im not saying anything new.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the heads up Copernic

all the past newer versions the icons would fall behind the dock after you clicked them, so I was stuck using 1.03 which was always losing it's always on top status

I've only been using this for a few minutes, but it doesn't seem to suffer the problems the previous versions have up to this point :)

mine is just a 21 pixal quick launch center top screen.

So people should talk about other similar products and experiences?

There's nothing wrong with sharing your opinion on RocketDock, but why in a topic that is about ObjectDock 1.5? This is just like when people post pointless "uTorrent FTW!!!111!1" comments in topics about BT clients. It's not needed.