Finished Royale Noir Theme

I take no credit for this, just thought I'll share it. It's the completed Royale Noir theme by oddbasket.

Source: HardwareZone Singapore Forums

(Royale Noir desktop screenshot)

NoirDesktop.jpg

(Inactive taskbar and frame screenshot)

inactive.jpg

(Start button screenshot)

startblack.jpg

(Caption buttons screenshot)

captionbtn.jpg

Royale Noir Theme Finished v1.2 Final

----------------------------------

Description:

------------

An unreleased Microsoft's Windows XP theme titled "Royale Noir".

Changelog:

----------

Version 1.2:

------------

-Inactive taskbar is now visibly two-toned and not too dark to notice.

-Inactive caption buttons now match the new inactive taskbar.

-Inactive frame matches the new inactive taskbar as well.

Version 1.1:

-----------

-highlight of Start button is now WMP11 blue.

-static close button from glaring orange to static black.

-highlight of normal captions to WMP11 blue.

-highlight of inactive caption buttons from white border to coloured ones.

Version 1.0:

-----------

-Added a .theme file for easy usage.

-Fixed: Green start button to Royale Noir black colour scheme.

-Fixed: Changing "Windows and buttons" under "Appearances" will cause the selectors to no longer be able to choose Royale Noir's settings.

-Fixed: Taskpane not displaying correctly for Royale normal color.

-Fixed: User can now change the default wallpaper setting in the .theme file and it will apply.

-Setting: Default for screensaver is now set to "None".

Uxtheme patch required because it's been edited, download here

Download Royale Noir Theme Finished v1.2 Final (346kb): (Self-installing SFX)

File Lodge

Download Royale Noir Theme Finished (Vista) (1.74mb): (Self-installing SFX)

(Includes Vista desktop icons, mouse cursor set, sound scheme)

File Lodge

(Double click exe to install. After installation, click 'OK' to apply.)

Hi. I'm using the final version of this Royale Noir theme, & I've a tiny request, wondering if there's anyone who can help me accomplish it:

Here's a screenshot of my start menu area:

start_menu.jpg

Was wondering if anybody can change the white program menu background to a matching black( as the rest of the start menu), & every single font on the start menu(including the start button) to a nice complementing red? Leaving everything ELSE untouched, of course, i.e. borders separators, etc

Some guy did the black backgroud part:

download.php?file=post-35185-1160430167.png&name=midnight.png

, & I was wondering if red fonts're a possible combi?

Can anybody teach me how to achieve everything? With as simple a solution as possible?

Thanks

ralliart12, set the menu color (Advanced in Appreaernce tab of display control panel) to black.

Nope, apparently, the Program of the Start Menu is a special type of menu that can't be altered your way. Your method is effective for the typical context menu, etc

• 1 month later...

i know about the 1.46 but i dont want to hav all that mods on my computer. i just want a Complete Noir theme which this seems to be however i just cant download it! can someone please re-upload it!

Hi I'm looking for a version of royale noir thats a little bit more... well, noir. I want a vs that is xp-ish but with a vista colour scheme. More black than the grey of royale noir, to fit better with wmp 11. Any suggestions?

i know about the 1.46 but i dont want to hav all that mods on my computer. i just want a Complete Noir theme which this seems to be however i just cant download it! can someone please re-upload it!

Royale Remixed VS Lite. Still goes best with my XP Vista Pack though, you really should try it. :)

Hi I'm looking for a version of royale noir thats a little bit more... well, noir. I want a vs that is xp-ish but with a vista colour scheme. More black than the grey of royale noir, to fit better with wmp 11. Any suggestions?

Same link above, try the Royale Zune. Otherwise try my OB WMP11 VS which is based on Royale for an edgy new look, the only thing remotely Vista is only the orb and close buttons, otherwise it's pure Royale. :)

Hi. I'm using the final version of this Royale Noir theme, & I've a tiny request, wondering if there's anyone who can help me accomplish it:

Here's a screenshot of my start menu area:

start_menu.jpg

Was wondering if anybody can change the white program menu background to a matching black( as the rest of the start menu), & every single font on the start menu(including the start button) to a nice complementing red? Leaving everything ELSE untouched, of course, i.e. borders separators, etc

Some guy did the black backgroud part:

download.php?file=post-35185-1160430167.png&name=midnight.png

, & I was wondering if red fonts're a possible combi?

Can anybody teach me how to achieve everything? With as simple a solution as possible?

Thanks

so, anyone knows whats the name of the VS of the second SS ?? the one that has the word Midnight written.. loved the black backgrounds of the menus.

Royale Remixed VS Lite. Still goes best with my XP Vista Pack though, you really should try it. :)

Same link above, try the Royale Zune. Otherwise try my OB WMP11 VS which is based on Royale for an edgy new look, the only thing remotely Vista is only the orb and close buttons, otherwise it's pure Royale. :)

I've tried installing it but i keep getting an error message with your Royale Remix theme file - saying it is not a valid theme

even the visual style file doesn't seem to work. please help :(