iPlay - Apple's gaming console

I had an idea - we had the Windows "Rome" thread, and others, so I was wondering, what do you guys think an Apple console would be like?

How would it look?

Would it use Click Wheel?

Features? Would it act like a Nintendo, or a Sony/Microsoft?

Tell me :)

Photoshops would be great :woot: (Y)

here you have it! the controller and the console...

itv.jpg

Apple has been posting job positions on several game related web sites and magazines asking for people with background in gaming, I'll see if I can get an screenshot of one of them. :happy: :yes:

itv.jpg

Apple has been posting job positions on several game related web sites and magazines asking for people with background in gaming, I'll see if I can get an screenshot of one of them. :happy: :yes:

That's the iTV, announced a few months ago. It's going to allow streaming of content from your Mac to your TV.

come on guys, I'm not an idiot! I know what the freaking iTV is... all I was trying to say was that Apple could use it for video games if they decide to add a decent GPU and CPU to it...

ok, lets move with the thread shall we? :happy: :yes:

<<snip>>

Steve Jobs: And our controller has only five buttons as against Microsoft's cluttered 14 buttons. This thing is just insanely great :woot: :whistle: :rofl:

dont you guys see a resemblance between the wii and an apple product?

nintendo_wii_1.jpg

lol, i was just gonna say that...i always thought the wii looked like something apple would make :p

Steve Jobs: And our controller has only five buttons as against Microsoft's cluttered 14 buttons. This thing is just insanely great :woot: :whistle: :rofl:

you mean this? :rolleyes:

remotes.png

compare what you can do with MCE against what you can do with Front Row... of course it needs all the additional buttons for the TV functions lacking on Apple's offerings... :p

dont you guys see a resemblance between the wii and an apple product?

nintendo_wii_1.jpg

Nintendo has stated before they look up to Apple in terms of design, and it's obvious. Look at their past products. The N64 was rereleased in the iMac G3 style colors, the DS was rereleased with a polycarbonate-looking white finish (and a black model, no less), and of course the Wii.

you mean this? :rolleyes:

remotes.png

compare what you can do with MCE against what you can do with Front Row... of course it needs all the additional buttons for the TV functions lacking on Apple's offerings... :p

YEA..may be using iX 10 (opposing the direcX 10)..always apple uses "i" before there product(Except some old products(quicktime)..gonna going to be funny after an year...where every apple product has "i" in it...

iTunes,iPhoto,iMac,iPod,if***K etc..

YEA..may be using iX 10 (opposing the direcX 10)..always apple uses "i" before there product(Except some old products(quicktime)..gonna going to be funny after an year...where every apple product has "i" in it...

iTunes,iPhoto,iMac,iPod,if***K etc..

If eMac is for Electric, iMac is for Intelligent, then the xMac must be XTREEEMEEE!!!!111

If eMac is for Electric, iMac is for Intelligent, then the xMac must be XTREEEMEEE!!!!111

actually...

iMac = Internet Mac

eMac = Educational Mac

:happy: :yes:

wonder if they will ever release a glbtMac... :laugh: :rofl: :p

This is an interesting topic.

Apple would probably use Blu-Ray disks for their console.

itv.jpg

THAT'S iTV, YOU IDIOT!!!!! MORON!!!! Just joking, guy. :hug:

I don't understand why anyone would buy an iTV when you could buy a 360 for the same price with way more functionality. I guess if they added gaming support maybe that would justify the price more - but I just don't see any practical way for them to accomplish that (other than working with Nintendo or something?)

I don't understand why anyone would buy an iTV when you could buy a 360 for the same price with way more functionality.

I'm not sure how you could know exactly how much functionality the iTV has, since as yet very little information has actually been released.

For all I know you might be right, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about what functionality the iTV will or won't have.