iPlay - Apple's gaming console

I had an idea - we had the Windows "Rome" thread, and others, so I was wondering, what do you guys think an Apple console would be like?

How would it look?

Would it use Click Wheel?

Features? Would it act like a Nintendo, or a Sony/Microsoft?

Tell me :)

Photoshops would be great :woot: (Y)

Where is that Rome thread. I lost it :-(

Apple iBox720?

you mean this? :rolleyes:

remotes.png

compare what you can do with MCE against what you can do with Front Row... of course it needs all the additional buttons for the TV functions lacking on Apple's offerings... :p

I know...was just joking. :unsure: S_X you now need <joke> tags or what :p

I don't see Apple joining in the Console scene right now unless one of the big 3 goes under.

I could, however, see them turning the iPod into a handheld gaming machine. Start off slow and then become a respected platform.

well I say the more the merrier because with an industry that has powerfull companies tring to one up eachother is an industry that is (normally) healthy and has a lot of growth

I don't understand why anyone would buy an iTV when you could buy a 360 for the same price with way more functionality. I guess if they added gaming support maybe that would justify the price more - but I just don't see any practical way for them to accomplish that (other than working with Nintendo or something?)

Sometimes, a thing that does one thing beats a thing that does 10 things, purely because it is easier to understand.

And apple REALLY knows how to design their product.

Apple will probably flood the airwaves with ads emphasising how easy it is to use, and how absolutely cool it is.

Majority of the people out there are not hard core gamers.

well I say the more the merrier because with an industry that has powerfull companies tring to one up eachother is an industry that is (normally) healthy and has a lot of growth

Well maybe an extra company in the mix wouldn't be so bad, but over saturation leads to market death (i.e. 80's VG Crash)

you know what ****es me off? thw mac fans who say that microsoft coppied apple, ok lets look at this:

• *microsoft releases MCE, Apple decides to design iTv
    *Microsoft have been making phones and such for years, Apple probably deisgn iphone (we know its in the works)
    *Microsoft release Xbox 360 (2nd consile) Apple probably design iPlay

but apple release the iPod and micorsoft release the zune, but c'mon 1:3 ration is quite bad

also im no microsoft fan boy and nither am i saying that anyone in this thread is, but im just pointing this out.

thansk

ste

you know what ****es me off? thw mac fans who say that microsoft coppied apple, ok lets look at this:

*Microsoft have been making phones and such for years, Apple probably deisgn iphone (we know its in the works)

but apple release the iPod and micorsoft release the zune, but c'mon 1:3 ration is quite bad

also im no microsoft fan boy and nither am i saying that anyone in this thread is, but im just pointing this out.

thansk

ste

You do realise iPlay isn't real? :rolleyes:

thansk

ste

Wow.

MCE is an OS with a TV friendly media frontend built in. iTV is a set top box for wireless media streaming. Front Row is much more comparable to MCE than iTV (though they're still not that similar).

Microsoft have never manufactured their own phone, they sell a smartphone operating system to other manufacturers.

Xbox certainly wasn't the first games console, and there's no reliable report to show that Apple might even be working on one other than iTV. If iTV played games, it'd be more like Nuon than anything.

I'm thinking if Apple did this, they'd pull out after one generation.

Thats what they said about the xbox. :rolleyes:

thansk

ste

Your stupid, and yes I am a microsoft fanboy so don't tell me im trying to defend apple =/.

why does such a thread (kinda) work with microsoft (maybe future or whatever virtual) products but not with apple?

just wondered. ;)

whatever, i actually dont like to see something like iplay. well yes, i would, but apple probably wouldnt ever make that. just doesnt fit in their product line, feels wrong, a gaming console with an apple-lable, dont know. ;)

we will see. :)

yeh the more competition the more advanced the games get + lower more competitive prices

why does such a thread (kinda) work with microsoft (maybe future or whatever virtual) products but not with apple?

just wondered. ;)

'Cause it's Neowin and not Neomac :)

They'd never stand a chance... there's too much competition already, and Apple doesn't even have a name in gaming... even Microsoft had one before Xbox... not to mention they had to spend a lot to get into the market.

Why would any of the game makers want to make a game for yet another console?