Any AFI (band) fans ?

post-63776-1164887535.jpg

Anybody else like AFI I?m really starting to like them a lot I first discovered them when I saw there brilliant performance on 2006 MTV awards god dam what a great show they sang Miss Murder a great song they also gave a great performance rather than just standing at the microphone singing the lead singer and base guitar guys where dancing around and made it really interesting I recorded it with my HDTV card and cant get enough of it.

Towards the end of the performance they had black tickertape fall onto the stage.

I?ve now also got another video of them from one of the guys at work its them performing live somewhere a song called like winter they where all dressed in white and looked brillia:yes:yes: and again they had tickertape fall onto the stage this time white.

I?ve got a heap of there music now some of it is a bit to heavy for me but like a few of the tracks like don?t change, silver and cold, Miss Murder, Morningstar, The Leaving song.

So are their any other AFI fans?

post-63776-1164887601.png

I saw them in 2003 on Lowlands (dutch festival) and I didn't really think much of them back them. The sound was very bad.

As far as i remember, they made a really good Cover of NIN's "Head like a hole" (Y) ...will give them a try over here...

That cover was horrible :x

Well then it sounds like AFI is an acquired taste. :D :cry:

I still like them as I said some of their work is to heavy for me but there are quite a few tracks I really enjoy.

I love AFI, their constantly changing sound throughout their records is fine with me, it keeps me interested. They're latest albums aren't really for an acquired taste though I'd say, they get criticized more so nowadays because they've been on MTV a bit and this usually means a band has become the new focus of 13 year old girls, but I believe AFI are just doing their thing.

Edited by mashw

I love AFI, their constantly changing sound throughout their records is fine with me, it keeps me interested.

YAY

Good to know others like them did you see them on MTV awards if not I suggest you find a copy it was a great performance.

Yeah I've seen pretty much everything as far as I can tell. If you haven't already, read into the Clandestine, Davey has some quite unusual beliefs and this whole mystery is fun to read about.

Yeah I've seen pretty much everything as far as I can tell. If you haven't already, read into the Clandestine, Davey has some quite unusual beliefs and this whole mystery is fun to read about.

I have to read about this then thankx

I'm one of those guys who can't listen to music like this because I just need something more "macho". for lack of a better word. My friend, on the other hand, is obsessed with them. She named her new kitten "Davey".

I'm one of those guys who can't listen to music like this because I just need something more "macho". for lack of a better word. My friend, on the other hand, is obsessed with them. She named her new kitten "Davey".

:D I can just Imagine this kitty lol

ive been a fan for more then 6+ years.. i love there cd's, well the first 3 public releases were more punkish, but after that they started to become more commercial which i enjoy, thats when i started taking a huge interest in them.. they are #2 in my favourite bands... AFI rules!

Yeh big time fan, i saw them in London last month, enjoyed the gig so much i bought a ticket off Ebay to see them in Bristol the following Sunday.

The new album isnt that great, but all of their older stuff is amazing (Y)

I've got a few of their CDs in my collection. I'm not a fan of today's pop/punk side-culture, but I do still occasionally pick up one of their albums and give it a whirl.

The thing is with their CDs, they throw in one half decent song, then the other 12 or so tracks are really dire. Their albums are like one single. with 12 other b-sides tracks tacked on.

Yeah they are great.

The Art Of Drowning is an incredible CD, followed by Sing the Sorrow. Their new cd isnt bad, but definately isn't their best work.

I seen them play here a couple of years back (Sing the Sorrow tour) and they blew me away :)