Any AFI (band) fans ?

Been listening to AFI for many years. The Art Of Drowning is their best album in my opinion. I liked them more when they were more punk friendly but sometimes bands change to experiment other styles and what not. Still a favorite band of mine.

Yeah its interesting they way they experiment with different kinds of music I was just listening to ?Summer shudder? it?s a neat song to sing along to I?ve also just heard for the first time ?Prelude? it?s a strange little short song only 1 min 34 seconds long

I'm one of those guys who can't listen to music like this because I just need something more "macho". for lack of a better word. My friend, on the other hand, is obsessed with them. She named her new kitten "Davey".

Staind is macho? :huh:

I started listening to AFI about 3 years ago. Their earlier stuff is too punk for me, they have transitioned into a more metal/punk style now.

I like 3 of their albums:

Sing the Sorrow

DECEMBERUNDERGROUND

The Art of Drowning

The Art of Drowning is most punkish of the 3, but still really good

More so than AFI. I read an interview with the singer a year or so ago about his beliefs and what he (she????) does. I found it to be a load of crap. So I decided to give them a listen and I couldn't stand it. I have to remind myself to stay away from **** that's played on the radio, because it all sucks.

More so than AFI. I read an interview with the singer a year or so ago about his beliefs and what he (she????) does. I found it to be a load of crap. So I decided to give them a listen and I couldn't stand it. I have to remind myself to stay away from **** that's played on the radio, because it all sucks.

Can you summarize what are his beliefs I don?t know much about them ATM I just like some of there music.

He believes every man should wear make up and not be afraid to do so.

lol :laugh: I guess that explains the make on the MTV awards show meah good on him I like many of there songs.

Thanks for that tho I did not know that now that I think about it the music video I have for there song love like winter he is doing the same.

No. AFI, as poppy (or whatever people want to label them as) as they are actually write some good music and are very talented. The reason for their change in sound is their line-up has changed over the years. They have strong personal beliefs and are vegans, but they do not expect people to wear makeup, the lead singer does that because of his androgynous style which he's done since he was a kid if you listen to the lyrics of the first albums (about his teen years...and cereal). I don't know why I'm defending them so much, they're not my favourite band, I guess it's like Blink 182 where I listened to them growing up and then hear someone throw a cheap disparaging comment toward them and feel it's a little unfair as they never claimed to be anything more than what they are.

Besides, even if it is pop music it's fine with me, and if it's played on the radio, great. Those trite 'insults' are so childish and recycled. If you only listen to stuff not played by the media or music that is largely unknown by the mainstream you need to get over yourself.

He believes every man should wear make up and not be afraid to do so.

No. He believes everybody should be themselves and express themselves as they feel most comfortable.