The PRE game fun...

I dont think that "ultimate vista" = "Windows Vista Ultimate." For one, it is not really a secret any more, and for two, I know that many more than a thousand people have "been there."

I think they are referring to giving away something far better than Vista Ultimate Edition.

Look at the name of the game. Vanishing point.

One of the clues is escape velocity.

Fewer than a thousand people have experienced it.

The ultimate view. (vista)

I'm 99% sure that the grand prize winner is going into space.

Right heres my theory so far

This is all Windows Vista related...

CES starts on January 8th 2007, and the timer runs out January 8th 2007 at 6:30pm

The fountains mentioned are right in the middle of the CES radius with hotels etc, so anyone in that area take cameras with you because as it said (big things come in big boxes) Im thinking a huge model box of Windows Vista Ultimate

Also with the chance of winning lots of gaming stuff - theres a chance this could be related to Live Anywhere..

What do you lads think ?

Right heres my theory so far

This is all Windows Vista related...

CES starts on January 8th 2007, and the timer runs out January 8th 2007 at 6:30pm

The fountains mentioned are right in the middle of the CES radius with hotels etc, so anyone in that area take cameras with you because as it said (big things come in big boxes) Im thinking a huge model box of Windows Vista Ultimate

Also with the chance of winning lots of gaming stuff - theres a chance this could be related to Live Anywhere..

What do you lads think ?

sounds true enough to me. well except that CES starts on Jan 7th doesnt it?

all right i got a good idea, the first puzzle could be like one of these http://www.mrpuzzle.com.au/category51_1.htm

i bought one of these and never figured it out, you make the picters line up on all four sides of 9 peices

in a square looking like our vanashing point puzzel, if your good at those make some pieces and cut them out

and try it.

or it could be a verision of soduko useing letters, i am translating them to numbers of the alpha bet.

That is a good idea... according to wikipedia, ~450 people have been into space.

Edit: I dont know how likely this would be, it would cost at least $200k to do it, and while microsoft is very rich, I doubt that they would spend that much money on one person.

I think they are referring to giving away something far better than Vista Ultimate Edition.

Look at the name of the game. Vanishing point.

One of the clues is escape velocity.

Fewer than a thousand people have experienced it.

The ultimate view. (vista)

I like that theory, and things are adding up, might have to agree on that one. But what has it got to do with CES 07? Is that just saying it will be presented then?

I like that theory, and things are adding up, might have to agree on that one. But what has it got to do with CES 07? Is that just saying it will be presented then?

The site hasn't said anything about CES. Just the Bellagio fountains, and that the ieblog was the first to have it.

It is most definetly done by Microsoft. But is it a promotion for Vista Ultimate Edition by providing the ultimate vista?

Maybe if we work out the one remaining clue, we'd have a better idea of what the prize(s) is(/are) when we can look at the three resulting pages together.