The PRE game fun...

"Circumambulation is the movement around a holy object, or of a holy object. The completion of a circle of protection, or of community, creates an integrity that is otherwise difficult to obtain in this world. The application of this in religions is diverse: examples include the Hajj (the Muslim circumambulation of the Ka'ba); the Prayer Wheel in Tibet; the stupa and Bo tree in Buddhism; the respect shown to the Adi Granth on entering a gurdwara; Lavan; the Hindu "following the sun" around the sacred fire and, in the temple (and, in pradaksina, to go around any sacred object, person, or place, including the whole of India; the seven circuits (hakkafot) around a cemetery before a burial by Sephardi and Hasidic Jews. In Witchcraft the magic circle would be a circumambulation. A.G.H."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Bowker, John, The Oxford Dictionary of World Religions, New York, Oxford University Press, 1997, p. 224

Right... dont think that has anything to do with vanishing point...

So far only 6 cypher keys have been brought to light. What if for instance there are only 6 keys, only 6 ways to progress to the next clue... So far we have seen a few other pages with the codes decrypted from these keys, what if those pages hold the clues with which we are suppossed to be progressing to the next clue?

Another thing, in the movie there are two history books displayed.. Herodotus and the one she reads which has a timeline of the Roman Empire, specifically about Theodosius... and the puzzle box with the statement about the monk who clearly screws up the translation of the word?

And the wav file that actually spells out file? The references to Pi... People, these are all clues we need to piece together... The clues are too co-incidental for my liking, too much reference to religion/s and history... WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?!?!

Anyone notice the misspelling on http://www.vanishingpointgame.com/now.asmx? Makes me think that the page is not being generated by the server and that someone created a static page to look 'generated'. All of these references in the game to time and countdowns and then this, another typo on a page talking about clocks and target dates. Caught my attention but does it mean anything?

post-192381-1167489477_thumb.jpg

Anyone notice the misspelling on http://www.vanishingpointgame.com/now.asmx? Makes me think that the page is not being generated by the server and that someone created a static page to look 'generated'. All of these references in the game to time and countdowns and then this, another typo on a page talking about clocks and target dates. Caught my attention but does it mean anything?

unitl = looks like unit 1

No, its a generated page, and the typo is really a typo - the people working on the code made a typo, and since the page isnt meant to be used by actually going to the url, never bothered checking it for spelling. Has nothing to do with the game - this one is _just_ a typo -_-

The vanishingpointgame wiki was started by a UnFiction forum member, BrianEnigma. Loki vanishes has not been added by hin as a person with priveledges to modify it in any way. in fact, no loki or lokivanishes has been added to the group at all.

I will post exactly what i posted on unfiction ...ill be on there

"I dont know if this has been covered. But it seems the e-mail address loki at microsoft.com is a registered e-mail address. I sent an e-mail and no MAIL DAEMON has came back meaning that its legit."

Still waiting for a reply from loki@microsoft.com (If it IS real)

I dont really think you should expect to have an answer before the 2nd Jan, if at all you'll get any answer.

To add to my previous point...

Ah and you may have noticed that 20th January 2007 is a Saturday. What?s that all about? Well, we?re really keen to allow you to get your hands on these products as developers. So we?re building a huge room full of machines and inviting you to come along and write some code with us. We?ll brief you on an assignment then give you help to write the code in a two hour period, making sure that you get real experience of the platforms. And we?ll have some fun too, seeing as it?s a Saturday.

from http://blogs.msdn.com/ianm/ as far as I can see all the countdowns end on Saturdays and that comment kinda shows that this is unusual and quite probably has something to do with the Vanishing Point.... now it's just a matter of looking for Microsoft events in the other locations and times...

OK Just noticed a bit of an odd error being reported by Vista Ultimate (RTM) (Ok I Know !)

The reporter listing listed an error entitled IE_LOKI_INSTALATION stopped responding.

Has anyone got the foggest clue as to what IE_LOKI is, IE must be Internet Explorer but what is the LOKI part, and it seems to much of a chance for it not to be the same LOKI as our game.

Going on a hunt for a MS project linked with LOKI.

And HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

Scrub That - Just found its a location search tool ?? from someone else, but I realy don't have a clue how it got to my PC, yep I know there is a link in this topic to it but I never took a look till now !

Did any1 try to contact any of the people who received laptops and probably clues? Because like someone said before making this laptop uproar is the greatest way to ggive us all the names of the people who got clues.

Did any1 try to contact any of the people who received laptops and probably clues? Because like someone said before making this laptop uproar is the greatest way to ggive us all the names of the people who got clues.

Aeschylus Maximus -

when looking through your sig, I noticed this line: CODE3: 3scap3grav1ty ?or? 3akix3ozidd1b (Leads to (smat ar-as) zenith directory 2)

I know it has been talked about before, how both of those codes work but the second one doesn't make any sense. Thus, it was discarded as "oh, well, we found it out too fast and so they renamed it to escapegravity"

WHAT IF we didn't find it out too fast...what if there is a way to apply some sort of algorithm to the first one to modify it to produce the outcome of the second (I think you grasp what I'm talking about) - after someone did that, I think they should try it on the other codes and then input those into the page...might just show us some more pages. Its the same sort of thing that people will do once they find out an activation code, to generate other valid activation codes.