The PRE game fun...

Gaaaa!!!!! there's a new video up on Soapbox, doesn't really give any new info but I've only watched it once. Same girl from first video, uses a blow-torch to change the shape of something to spell vanishingpointgame.com then erases it. I'm sure there's more. Get your butts over to soapbox.

Gaaaa!!!!! there's a new video up on Soapbox, doesn't really give any new info but I've only watched it once. Same girl from first video, uses a blow-torch to change the shape of something to spell vanishingpointgame.com then erases it. I'm sure there's more. Get your butts over to soapbox.

Yeah, uhhmmm, that's great...

However if you check the previous 10 pages of this thread you'll find all of us discussing this video.

BTW, it's already been solved... :sleep:

Was on youtube. Posted a few posts up.

Eh. Got sidetracked and posted before refreshing.

Ethereal is what you're thinking of. But I think Fiddler is better for this kind of analysis anyway as it deals with HTTP traffic specifically.

Think perhaps we're thinking along the wrong lines though. We should be trying to work out what these mean.

rpf6ncada34wget32-84

kvezz1x6cfp0egnyvm32

z3o6qj-o3ddwn3;u-loe

I just received a piece in the mail today that was mailed out to me on the 29th of Dec. Not sure it will help but...It contains three files:

Cipher Key2.jpg

from_Loki.txt

Loki.wmv

I think the wmv file is the same as everyone elses, the text file is also the same but what about the Cipher Key2.jpg. Where is Cipher Key1?

Get your butts over to soapbox.

Loki favors Google? Seems weird. You think native Microsoft technologies would be in play more. :shiftyninja:

I'm still confused about how 3akix3ozidd1b was worked it, was it using rot+4? I cannot work it out and couldn't work it out from the other posts either?

I got rot+4 in the post today and couldn't get it to give me this answer, and the one I got didn't work - maybe I just did it wrong though..

Rot +4, lose the even numbers, keep the odds. It worked for me. I just received the Cipher Key 6 in the mail today. Mine just came in an envelope though. No box or laptop or anything.

k... I've been following this thread for a long time now... and i have to say... whoever solved that FILE problem must be a GENIUS!!... i couldnt get it... but... now.. ofcourse i do :)... so... that being said... uhh... do we have to be at that hotel when the time runs out or... go to the vanishingpointgame website?... (confusion)

do we have to be at that hotel
Probably.

Circumambulation

or... go to the vanishingpointgame website?...
Definitelly.

Antepenultimate

Keep it up when the countdown hits zero and you could win high-end laptops, gaming computers, media centers, software, gaming consoles, media players, and games

Rot +4, lose the even numbers, keep the odds. It worked for me. I just received the Cipher Key 6 in the mail today. Mine just came in an envelope though. No box or laptop or anything.

Sounds like mine

100_1089.JPG

With all the new usb sticks going out my guess someone will have a new cypher, why would MS send out just the old cyphers as it's clear we have solved them, I am sure they are paying attention to this forum. Still nice gift to be sent, but my guess is there is a new one, we need to see all of the cypher key jpegs together now, 6 or 7 I believe. Lets see.

Must be some more from the new video too as formula does not really get much more info, I don't think they will just go quiet for the next few days, need to build it a bit more I think.

With all the new usb sticks going out my guess someone will have a new cypher, why would MS send out just the old cyphers as it's clear we have solved them, I am sure they are paying attention to this forum. Still nice gift to be sent, but my guess is there is a new one, we need to see all of the cypher key jpegs together now, 6 or 7 I believe. Lets see.

i think, the key's are "old" because they where mailed out all at the same time. from US to US it takes less time then from US to Europe or anywhere else. so some people got the keys earlyer than others. my letter is send out on dec. 28th and i recieved it von jan. 3th.

i just find it strange, that they send out 256MB USB-Drives for a 25MB Video o.O during the Vista Beta they just send out 128MB Drives for bug bashs... that a bit frustating, you get a 128MB Key for working and a 256MB Key for noting... o.O

Must be some more from the new video too as formula does not really get much more info, I don't think they will just go quiet for the next few days, need to build it a bit more I think.

I wouldn't bet on it. The USB sticks showing up now are probably just delayed ... it's hard to tell just how quickly people will solve the puzzles, so they have to make sure they have enough to go around. Just consider it a gift. There is no reason to assume that there are more messages hidden in the original cipher, especially now that a video has come out revealing an entirely new puzzle.

Besides, I've run all sorts of brute-force decryption algorithms on the original code, and I'm not finding anything that immediately jumps out (though they designed it to make a brute-force attack pretty difficult).

I've been following this game since it started, so when I received a letter from "LOKI" today I was really excited to have a part to play in this. Imagine how disappointed I was when I discovered it was just a cipher that had been solved about a week or so earlier. Seems like they mailed these same ciphers to hundreds of people, not "a few" as the letter says. Oh well, a 256mb memory stick isn't a bad gift I suppose :)

See below for my envelope, letter, memory key and cipher just in case there is some subtle difference that no-one is aware of.

And Yanowhiz.. have you ever registered a Microsoft product or participated in a Beta program before?

post-64792-1167940746_thumb.jpg

post-64792-1167940821_thumb.jpg

post-64792-1167940834.jpg

post-64792-1167940863.jpg

from_Loki.txt

I must be missing something here, but how has Microsoft collected everyone's address for this game? How do they randomly send out this information?

Vista beta testers got to fill in surveys for various secret future events, this must have been one of them..