The PRE game fun...

At least now we can show the real cipher key image in the start post.

I've created a copy of the second YouTube video (Ignition).

In case they remove it again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFci2qJD140

Nice music for the video btw

Here is mine...I also have it posted on my own forum for all to see ;) It shows as Cipher Key 6...it's the ROT+4 (the only one that doesn't actually make a word....)

Cipher_Key_6.jpg

I received one of these notices in the mail yesterday which had Cypher 4 in it. Google led me here. I am very interested to see what this is. I look forward to finding out with all of you.

Even if it is a marketing campaign, you have to admit, pretty cool way to do it.

when loki posted the new video i went to her youtube acount and the were some info about her. it was Gm7. i cheked the web its some sort of guitar accord but i cant make anything of it, maybe some of you can

I think the metal on the rock isnt special or something...

It's just a animation created for the video.

Notice when she heats the metal, the first G of vanishinG moves downwards a few centimeters (between 00:11 and 00:12). The last part is the first part played in reverse, you notice it again at 00:40

I can't find any obvious clues in the video... (yet)

A friend of mine had seen the Gm7 too. She copied and pasted it from Loki's YouTube account to the German VPG-Wiki. So two people have actually seen it. It may be an error, which has been corrected.

Pat

Another thing, are we all 100% sure the videos on the USB keys are all exactly the same? I mean has anyone thought of comparing the filesizes or maybe even doing a checksum of the file to compare here on neowin? It would be a real kicker if there were several versions with minor and subtle changes and no-one noticed since no single person has compared them all.

Let me start, here's the file details of mine. Please compare the exact size with yours and note any differences here:

post-64792-1167957830_thumb.jpg

post-64792-1167958020.jpg

Hmm

Something less than a thousand may have seen ?

The Real Boot Screen for Vista ? Somehow I doubt the final retail release will boot black screen.

Vista Extras - Still only speculation ?

Just a thought.

I still think there will be more keys.

Here is mine :) Decent point about the boot screen, although I'm pretty certain they plan to keep it like that in promoting quick booting and hardware that boots quickly enough that you won't have time to see a boot screen, although I could be wrong, the extras is also something decent to think of, noone knows anything about those thus far ;)

post-22843-1167958688_thumb.jpg

post-22843-1167958694_thumb.jpg

The Real Boot Screen for Vista ? Somehow I doubt the final retail release will boot black screen.

I think you are in denial about that. The version everyone has now is the final version and does not contain a boot screen. I would prefer one myself, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Oh and I agree about there likely being more keys and information before the 8th.

Hmm

Something less than a thousand may have seen ?

Vista Extras - Still only speculation ?

Just a thought.

I still think there will be more keys.

After the RTM...there's basically no chance of anything new.

Edit: As for those extras...Maybe a nice $39.99 Vista Plus! would be released..

At least i hope not!

Edited by CrimsonRedMk

Hey guys, yes, this is my first post and unfortunately for me I caught hold of this thread at page 100 so I've tried to learn what I can but if someone has posted something similar to my post I apologise for bringing things back up.

At the moment I think that the two things that intrigue me most is the fact that this "Loki" character has made what looks like two mistakes. Now for someone to write what we have seen in /biography, she certainly doesn't look like the type of person to be making mistakes, and it is read there that "Once I realized I didn?t have to give the right answer, even when I knew it, life got easier."

Maybe we should look into her mistakes more, but who knows, it seems as if at this point we have solved all to be solved and may aswell just wait for the countdown to end,

The other thing which intrigues me is the countdowns. I think a lot can be learnt from these countdowns that show us how to game will progress. We see that the LA, Sydney, Miami, Austin and Pheonix countdowns will end around a week after the Las Vegas countdown. But then there's another week untill the Singapore, Berlin, London, Toronto and San Fran countdowns end . I predict that we will receive the twelve puzzles at these meets, and maybe have backup ones posted on forums and such, but they will have to be solved to get the locations to the next meets (the LV meet will give us puzzles to locate the LA, Sydney, Miami, Austin and Pheonix meets, and at these meets we will get puzzles to find the location of the Singapore, Berlin, London, Toronto and San Fran meets).

Then we have the Seattle meet in Washington. This seems to be the end of the game. What I think will happen is something along the lines of the people who work out the puzzles from the last meets will get plane tickets to this last meet, as I doubt that they'd have meets all over the world and end it with one somewhere where many people can't go. And at this last meet the prizes will be rewarded. Maybe we will have to find Loki in Seattle...

Anyway this is what I picked up from reading the /CIRCUMAMBULATION page and other pages. I know it's long but I hope it contributes.

Please read previous post... GM7 is a guitar chord that looks like a square root nothing else has been mentioned about it.

dude i was here from beginig and dont remember gm7 were it come from?

i think i got the answer ....

This means ya'll need to get a life seriously ... some buch of letters and numbers which any1 of us can make up and call it a ridle

lets be serious... Microsoft is gonna announce something at CES on Monday and give away some prizes to some people who are able to be there. Nobody is gonna get famous off of this thing. It's just to get people intrigued as to what the whole thing is about so people pay attention to what they have to say.

I really doubt it's anything THAT important.

lets be serious... Microsoft is gonna announce something at CES on Monday and give away some prizes to some people who are able to be there. Nobody is gonna get famous off of this thing. It's just to get people intrigued as to what the whole thing is about so people pay attention to what they have to say.

i was looking at the ignition video and the very last scene seemed interesting. She seems to be pointing towards the house in the background. Anybody can recognise the location of the scene? Maybe some Seattle residents?