The PRE game fun...

i think the new clip she shovd us is kinda a hint that we should think backwards just like the movie

Or the point of it could be that the text vanishingpointgame.com vanishes. I don't really know what that would be trying to tell us, maybe just that something is going to happen to the site (when the countdown reaches 0).

Or... it could be a hint to look for a hidden message. It first appeared that there were just peices of metal placed randomly on the rock, but there was a hidden message that she revealed with the blowtorch.

no theres no mere clues that for shure, because the site changed it now says wait till the countdown reaches 0 before it said enter the code

I still get a code prompt. *yes I refreshed*

Anyhow - I'm not looking for codes to enter. Just reviewing the hints provided for more information.

no theres no mere clues that for shure, because the site changed it now says wait till the countdown reaches 0 before it said enter the code

I agree that's most likely the case, but... it is possible that there's a bonus puzzle that they don't expect us to find :p

well if they dont expect us to find them then they wont make them, the only chance is that in video you will see their notes but thats a long shot

what do you meen? :|

think it means that even though there's the new message to come back when the countdown reaches zero, they're still letting people enter codes

I just got my key in the mail today.

Glad Neowin is on the ball here. But I remain confused. I got a letter and a usb key with a video, cipher 1 and a file in notepad the same as others got. But nothing has owrked as far as the codes go. It now says come back when the counter reaches 0...

I just got my key in the mail today.

Glad Neowin is on the ball here. But I remain confused. I got a letter and a usb key with a video, cipher 1 and a file in notepad the same as others got. But nothing has owrked as far as the codes go. It now says come back when the counter reaches 0...

try this web http://vanishingpointwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page you will find out all about it :rolleyes:

http://vanishingpointgame.com/manifesto/ says The real challenge starts both online and off when the countdown hits zero and the game begins.

My guess: Shadowrun Beta will be launched. (http://shadowrun.com)

Good call.

This thing was pretty cool when it got started, but reallllly died off after a day or two. I think people shot through the puzzles much faster than the creators expected. I hope not, it was kind of cool thinking that some ubersmart people put together an interesting internet puzzle/scavanger hunt. I realllly hope that playing the game doesn't involve purchasing a piece of software, such as an OS or game. Rewarding people for gameplay through Live would be easy, considering they have a billing address.

Good call.

This thing was pretty cool when it got started, but reallllly died off after a day or two. I think people shot through the puzzles much faster than the creators expected. I hope not, it was kind of cool thinking that some ubersmart people put together an interesting internet puzzle/scavanger hunt. I realllly hope that playing the game doesn't involve purchasing a piece of software, such as an OS or game. Rewarding people for gameplay through Live would be easy, considering they have a billing address.

I think the purpose of this pre-game, if that's what it really was :p, was to test a few things. For one thing, they would want to know how much interest this would generate (a lot considering we're on page 111), and how fast we solve the puzzles. I'm thinking they'll try to make some of the puzzles in the real game harder because of how fast the neowin (and unfiction) people solved them.

I think the purpose of this pre-game, if that's what it really was :p, was to test a few things. For one thing, they would want to know how much interest this would generate (a lot considering we're on page 111), and how fast we solve the puzzles. I'm thinking they'll try to make some of the puzzles in the real game harder because of how fast the neowin (and unfiction) people solved them.

i dont think they will make them harder because there were s#!t lot of people solowing the puzzler everyone helping eachother by your self it will be imposible the solove for avrage people

i dont think they will make them harder because there were s#!t lot of people solowing the puzzler everyone helping eachother by your self it will be imposible the solove for avrage people

Well /manifesto says "Every week I will leave you twelve puzzles, ranging from easy to.....well, not so easy. " so probably the easy ones will give everyone a chance, but I'm just hoping there'll be some harder ones too :yes:

Well /manifesto says "Every week I will leave you twelve puzzles, ranging from easy to.....well, not so easy. " so probably the easy ones will give everyone a chance, but I'm just hoping there'll be some harder ones too :yes:

I hope some are released when I am able to do them before someone else... and I hope Microsoft doesn't advertise it too much.

I think that goes without saying :p This puzzle requires at least "5" different people [each with thier own Cypher Key] That and it says "find the other decoders" So no person average or otherwise can solve it by themselves.

Plus it would not be much of a viral campain if only 1 person could solve it. Kinda deteats the purpose.

The more I think about this, the more it makes me wonder about Shadowrun. ShadowRun

The game went private beta in November, and if any of the other betas that I have been on are any indication then 3 months is more than enough for the Beta process to be wrapping up.

Another thing coincides, Vista Launch and with that according to MS "Cross-platform multiplayer: For the first time ever, Xbox 360 and Windows gamers can compete as a team or as foes. Experience a quantum leap in interactivity as console and Vista PC gamers battle for supremacy online via Windows Vista and Xbox Live?."

They [ms] have hinted at some really cool swag, and they have recently given out a few dozen high-end laptops with Vista installed to bloggers.

I think we are seeing the birth of a new genre of gaming and it can be a really cool thing.

But its just a thought.

Funny... Just last night on the IRC i said that someone should go check out Bellagion Fountains before the event...

When I'm right, I'm right.

Note: this may or may not have anything to do with what I said. May have been a coincidence :)

No sorry, I wasn't on IRC last night.

Lol... It's probably nothing to do with what I said on the IRC.

By the way, I was going to read your blog and look at your Flickr, but your sig said not to. So I won't.

Edited by x9_

Neat!

I'm assuming that this "new" shadowrun is a spin off of the old one FASA made for the Sega Genesis back in 1994? It kinda looks that it might be - especially with FASA heading this one as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_(Sega)

I loved that game on the Sega :)

<edit> Erm yeah is it based on the old school line of Shadowrun. :D

I didn't know there was a tabletop RPG version though... I only knew it from the Sega.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun

</edit>

Edited by The_Devil_Inside