The PRE game fun...

Funny how Microsoft is teaming with AMD, before everyone thought Intel and Microsoft were gonna be one company.. lol.. I guess not now...

My guess with all what is being said on here is that it has something to do with Virtualization in AMD processors, and Vista has something to offer, maybe only thru an Ultimate Extra? We'll see :p

00:00:00:00:007

and froze for about a minute or so then continued and stopped at

00:00:00:00:006

The timing at 6 and 7 may be a clue....

mine stops at 015, i think this is just a case of floating-point accuracy on each client computer.

Probably has something to do with marketing I'm guessing. AMD has been loosing sales due to the new core2 CPU's from Intel (or so I've read ;) )

Or its just a bunch of nice Vista Ultimate extras. Lets find out tomorrow...

I would agree but for the fact Vista is not even officially launched yet, and the beta testing of the extras is still pretty raw.

I am not on the "Extras" beta so I don't know 1st hand, but from what I have heard its a bit off yet :(

Yes one could argue that Shadowrun is not released yet either, and that is a good point too, but I can't see Microsoft paying out the huge $$$$ they are no doubt paying 42E ntertainment for this promotion to promote a downloadable PlusPack for Vista Ultimate.

mine stops at 015, i think this is just a case of floating-point accuracy on each client computer.

sorry 4 my stupidity, whats floating-point acuracy? Is that something re how accurately ur machine counts? I'm in HS and i dont hv much time 4 pc's. I've just been looking @ Ms's site and stumbled on this.

Also, what's the relation of the other locations on the list under vanishingpointgame.com/circumambulation ?

sorry 4 my stupidity, whats floating-point acuracy? Is that something re how accurately ur machine counts? I'm in HS and i dont hv much time 4 pc's. I've just been looking @ Ms's site and stumbled on this.

Also, what's the relation of the other locations on the list under vanishingpointgame.com/circumambulation ?

floating point accuracy is how precise decimal numbers are represented on the computer.. but I don't think that's what's causing it. What's more likely is it is caused by the delay between the real server time and when your computer receives the server time. Because this has a lot to do with the speed of your internet connection and server load, it will vary a bit between computers. I really don't think it means anything.

Also i don't know if any of you can make changes on the wiki site, but on the lyrics for the song, i think there are two things wrong. First being where it says "I have you in place" I think it says "I held you in place". The second being when it says "You help me in pain" again i think it says "You held me in pain". Someone at least please check this out and make sure im not hearing things.

Also i don't know if it makes a lot of difference, but i went on to the site on my ps3 and for some reason the countdowns have a lot more numbers, as in digits, then anywhere else. And i don't want to hear any fanboy crap. I am a proud owner of a PS3, Abox 360, and my family should be getting a wii soon.

Anyone notice that during the webcast when they are showing vista, he opens a document. It has LOKI stuff in it.

He linked to the Bellagio!!! "Special Event we are planning"

Anyone notice that during the webcast when they are showing vista, he opens a document. It has LOKI stuff in it.

They also had the Belagio picture there ... and when they were doing the demonstration of Windows Live they went to the EXACT spot in front of the fountain....

They also had the Belagio picture there ... and when they were doing the demonstration of Windows Live they went to the EXACT spot in front of the fountain....

Again, i noticed that. wonder if it does have anything to do with Vista? Guess we'll have to find out whats going on tomorrow.

Yeah. I doubt they intend for you to be able to actually read the content.

Bill just announced Windows Home Server, but the stream paused for some sort of intellectual property right protection or something.

Ok im kinda late with this stuff i know, but I got back home today and found a silver envelope amongst the pile of post containing a 256 mb usb key and a letter too. The letter read

"You are now a decoder. There are only a few like you, but thousands more are looking for you. Find the other decoders before Zero Hour. Go to: www.vanishinngpointgame.com

A Spectacular adventure is on the horizon... Can you find it before it desappears?

-L"

On the USB key was a txt file, an image, and a video.

The text file reads:

"Well done! Now you have your first cipher key, plus a video my employer didn?t think you needed to see. What he doesn?t know won?t hurt him.

Do others deserve to see these files, too? I?ll leave that up to you.

~Loki

P.S. Go to vanishingpointgame.com to find out what to do next."

Then theres the image on the key which is Cipher Key 4.jpg.

Ive read most of the posts here and had a good look around on the vanishing point site using the clues here. Guess I'll find out for sure in about 22 hours what the hell this is all about. Shame I'm not in america to see what is going to happen at the Belagio Fountains!

I was able to read the text below where it says LOKI in that screencap. From what I can read it says:

"My job is to find the smartest people on the planet. My employers are rewarding them with outstanding prizes, including a trip into space to see the ultimate vista, and being immortalized in a computer chip around the world."

Maybe I got it wrong, but I am awful good at this type of reading. Trying to decipher the top part now, but it appears to discuss what will happen at the event.

I was able to read the text below where it says LOKI in that screencap. From what I can read it says:

"My job is to find the smartest people on the planet. My employers are rewarding them with outstanding prizes, including a trip into space to see the ultimate vista, and being immortalized in a computer chip around the world."

Maybe I got it wrong, but I am awful good at this type of reading. Trying to decipher the top part now, but it appears to discuss what will happen at the event.

I read exactly the same thing with a bit of magnification.

So there we have it... First prize is a trip to space, and having their name(?) put on an(AMD?) chip.

:woot:

Well bloodyhell, it does look like the Vista launch :( Sigh. But a trip to space on Spaceship One would scare the bajebies out of me. Not nearly proven enough. And I don't think I would care to have my name on a chip [R600 maybe?]. Oh well, good catch.

trying to link AMD virtual online tour and vanishingpointgame.com, since in almost every occasion letters such as o and i and replaced with hteir common number corrispodence, 0 and 1, i have typed in v1rtual (*edit* i tried all possible ways to re-type virtual using all symbols and numbers, andi still dont get any reaction from vanishingpointgame.com) into the game, and nothing happens, absolutely nothing, i have tried this in I.E. 7 and Firefox, i dont get the incorrect key error, to me on "keys" that dont come up with the incorrect key error and dont redirect you might have a page to come in the future but it just might not be updated untill those codes are actualy part of a riddle, game or cipher key

Edited by bik111