The PRE game fun...

I just deciphered the whole thing from the screen shown during the CES MS Keynote.

I'm working on the rest.

"An audience of general spectators and key players arrive at the Bellagio Hotel on Monday night around 6pm and wait alongside the [something] in anticipation of something significant to take place. The general public will not be aware that something unusual is about to take place but the community will have deciphered the countdown and the precise time and showing location for this spectacular event. The famous Bellagio Fountains (Lake Bellagio), are renouned as the [something] [something] of Las Vegas are about to reveal the global challenge and deliver the first set of visual clues in a way no-one has seen before. Of course, there is still one big suprise they won't see coming. Countdown hits zero at exactly 6:30pm. I look left to right, scanning the audience.

Lights and music turn off (fountains stay on). Two more water curtains rise on the left and right side of the original curtains. As these curtains rise, they fill with multiple clocks and the sound of the original clock multiplies by hundreds revealing... (view full production notes)."

After that is the LOKI heading, followed by the text that had already been transcribed.

You should also note that the folder these documents are stored in (in the video) is called "Windows Vista Game".

Edited by x9_

Just a thought,

If it is a Vista thing could the KEY be a valid Vista Key from beta test to get you the next screen at 0 time

Oh and if anyone wants GroupShot from CES goto www.snapfiles.com and download it free.

Does anyone have a link to the webcast (if it's still up)? I'd like to see it for myself.

Edit: sorry, missed that about the on-demand version

a 1971 film, vanishing point...20th century fox.....i dont think their is a relation, but i think its interesting

Stars a Dodge Challenger. First thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

I just deciphered the first two sentences from the screen shown during the CES MS Keynote.

I'm working on the rest.

"An audience of general spectators and key players arrive at the Bellagio Hotel on Monday night around 6pm and wait alongside the <something> in anticipation of something significant to take place. The general public will not be aware that something unusual is about to take place but the community will have deciphered the countdown and the precise time and showing location for this spectacular event."

nice job. easer for me to correlate your text with the image now but cant decipher the text from image directly. Even tried with a magnifying glass but did not help. Waiting to see more about the spectacular event text from you :-)

Stars a Dodge Challenger. First thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

hha ya and in parts of the movie they use an engine from a 68 mustang for the sound....idiots

I was able to read the text below where it says LOKI in that screencap. From what I can read it says:

"My job is to find the smartest people on the planet. My employers are rewarding them with outstanding prizes, including a trip into space to see the ultimate vista, and being immortalized in a computer chip around the world."

Maybe I got it wrong, but I am awful good at this type of reading. Trying to decipher the top part now, but it appears to discuss what will happen at the event.

I just tried to decode the same part to check, and from what I can tell emcwill792 is correct. outstanding may be astonishing (not sure) and I'm not completely sure about immortalized because it doesn't seem to be quite the right length. But I think we know the grand prizes now... a trip to space and having your name in an AMD CPU :woot:

I just deciphered the whole thing from the screen shown during the CES MS Keynote.

Sounds awesome. Does anyone know if there's going to be a webcast or anything of this? I really want to know what happens :D

Sorry, should have been more clear. I meant of the thing going on at the Bellagio tomorrow.

Aaah. MS might webcast it. I doubt it, though.

We'll be getting live updates via the IRC, though.

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/nevada/lasvegas/

Closest I can find from a google search - it does show the fountains from across the way but I dont think its close to where the actions will happen as I see no sign of the tent in the pics on another blog.

(Oh keep watching it as it flicks about the strip every 15 secs, the fountains is in there somewhere, you will notice the hotel - its dark no mind.)

And look at the dreamscene stuff on wincustomize, nice interview I must say. For those who have not looked yet DreamScene is an Ultimate Extra, sounds cool, and its not just a flashy wallpaper video player it would seam to do a bit more. Even better you will be able to make your own from day one.

I think MS is gonna take a satellite pic of that site while the fountains make a vista logo/sign. Every geek over there is made to look up and so their pic is taken from satellite. Yeah solved. :shifty:

I base my deductions on Loki's last paragraph from CES keynote doc. So lookup when ur there.

I'm working on the rest.

"An audience of general spectators and key players arrive at the Bellagio Hotel on Monday night around 6pm and wait alongside the [something] in anticipation of something significant to take place. The general public will not be aware that something unusual is about to take place but the community will have deciphered the countdown and the precise time and showing location for this spectacular event. The famous Bellagio Fountains (Lake Bellagio), are renouned as the [something] [something] of Las Vegas are about to reveal the global challenge and deliver the first set of visual clues in a way no-one has seen before. Of course, there is still one big suprise they won't see coming. Countdown hits zero at exactly 6:30pm. I look left to right, scanning the audience.

I think the first [something] is "key players".. nice work x9_!

Edit: wow... I'm tired... sorry, I see you already have key players there....