The PRE game fun...

any one else notice in the gears hint from the vegas video, the dates conveniantly (sp?) have 1866 and 1946....phone number hint maybe?

I doubt those are anything other than the Birth/Death years for H.G. Wells

-Spenser

any one else notice in the gears hint from the vegas video, the dates conveniantly (sp?) have 1866 and 1946....phone number hint maybe?

HG Wells was born 1866 and died 1946, used to get the hint to time travel

About the white boxes one of the ones that we have that loks like a curwed arrow look sot be the upside down version of the rocketplane in the prizes list. Look on the plane's tail

The Sweepstakes Administrator is Marden-Kane, Inc., 36 Maple Place, Manhasset, NY 11030.

any ideas found that in the rules Doesnt Marden kane sound like a name to you? Or is it just a company? cause if its a name and our Asian person runs the show would that not be her?

i'm 100% sure theres nothing in sundial with a white box... i've scanned it, zoomed in now in 3 browsers, each time logged in and out. i've found nothing. some of the puzzles must be missing them.

in the loki cabin video with the blowtorch there is a shining ring above the rock in the grass that seemed totally out of place... someone had suggested the pi references leading to a halo... same shape as a ring... dont know if this is anything

i emailed the seattle, washington park board asking about gas works park (the box on the 27th- the last box- is supposed to be opened there), asking about events scheduled on the 27th and there is an all day event scheduled there called "World Puzzle" just a random fact...

Doesnt Marden kane sound like a name to you?

You might be on to something.

i'm 100% sure theres nothing in sundial with a white box... i've scanned it, zoomed in now in 3 browsers, each time logged in and out. i've found nothing. some of the puzzles must be missing them.

I think you need to do that with a new account, one that you haven't solved puzzles with yet.

in the loki cabin video with the blowtorch there is a shining ring above the rock in the grass that seemed totally out of place... someone had suggested the pi references leading to a halo... same shape as a ring... dont know if this is anything

I think its a sprinkler! lol I posted a pic of it a few million posts back :p

Can somebody verify Marden Kane if that a company or a name i dont have time to do it right now gotta do some work but also decomppiling the flash gets nothing except the fact that the first 3 open image; first 3 boxes open in the same way while the last one opens differently if anyone wants ill post a pic.

EDIT SCRATCH THAT marden kane is a company this is off their sitte

For over 40 years, Marden-Kane has been breaking new ground with creatively charged promotions as varied in size and nature as the clients we serve. Our reputation for innovative sweepstakes and contest promotions, such as scratch-off games, quickly spread throughout the industry as clients benefited from the impressive results of the programs.

Founded in 1957 by Dick Kane, Marden-Kane has been leading the industry with unrivaled promotional services. Marden-Kane has consistently responded to the changing dynamics of the marketplace with a wide range of comprehensive, integrated services and a staff of professionals who understand the subtle complexities now challenging marketers.

As president, Gibby Kane provides the essential leadership that keeps Marden-Kane leading its competitors. For over 30 years, Gibby Kane has influenced many of the critical decisions that have assured the overall success of this agency.

When asked about this success, Gibby responded, "I believe our strength comes from the family-like atmosphere that breeds creativity and ingenuity among our employees. At the same time, this family atmosphere provides the support necessary for long-term growth -- with our clients and employees alike."

By putting clients first, Marden-Kane has successfully built a solid foundation of reliability and trust. "Our clients are inclined to partner with us because we deliver on our promises. I believe the positive relationship we have with our employees continues to overflow into the relationships that Marden-Kane maintains with its clients," according to Gibby Kane.

With offices in New York and Chicago, Marden-Kane is able to serve a wide range of clients both large and small, from regional to international

You might be on to something.

I think you need to do that with a new account, one that you haven't solved puzzles with yet.

I think its a sprinkler! lol I posted a pic of it a few million posts back :p

a sprinkler wow lol. sorry i didnt see yours... anyway this could be a clue or could be totally redundant but one of the stamps used to send the original letters with the flash drives had a picture of a clock - the 10c stamp is called "american clock" and apparantly its only sold in batches of 10,000. anyway it was built by Simon Willard around 1805. heres the address for the original site:

http://www.oreillynet.com/windows/blog/200...#comment-421700

Maybe we could also check out some of the other viral marketing campaigns that Microsoft and 42Entertainment have put out (like ILoveBees for Halo 2)

We might be able to get some similarities between them?

How come for Sundial when I type in Helios or HELIOS or helios it says in white letters on the top left of vanishingpointgame.com "OTHER"....... I really need to know. For all the rest they worked. It's just this one. :no:

post-194735-1168397656_thumb.jpg

Here are the 9 "hidden images" that I found within the 12 puzzles, I'm not really sure what they mean. I tried putting them together, but didn't really get anywhere with that.

Anyone got ideas?

Just wondering, before I saw mention of "5" being the number of times she points in the last wmv.

I was looking at the main page and faintly I counted 5 flags. I took a screen shot and brightened it up to see and sure enough 5 flags.

though I wonder why the US flag isn't included. Hmmmm

post-76068-1168397893_thumb.jpg

its important to distuingiush between someone running this game and someone who is in it. loki is a character in the game playing the part of a person running it, but shes not actually running it

Just wondering, before I saw mention of "5" being the number of times she points in the last wmv.

I was looking at the main page and faintly I counted 5 flags. I took a screen shot and brightened it up to see and sure enough 5 flags.

though I wonder why the US flag isn't included. Hmmmm

I think you will find it is there, stick the contrast and brightness up a lot more:

frontflags.jpg

Yeah i know the picture looks ugly, but it was only to illustrate that its still there

Ok so I watched the vid at the end the got the page http://www.vanishingpointgame.com/on_the_run that flashed across the sceen really fast.

The last two lines on the page are boggling me:

"When the time is right, I?ll ask you a question. For now, follow this trail to get the word it leads to." (Sounds like a riddle, think it has to do with the odpathi> of "on_the_run")

And then "Contact Me." at the bottom of the page.

So i send an email to loki@vanishingpointgame.com and get back:

[indenfrom loki@vanishingpointgame.com <loki@vanishingpointgame.com> 9:01 pm (1 hour ago)

reply-to loki@vanishingpointgame.com

to <removed>@gmail.com

date Jan 9, 2007 9:01 PM

subject RE:

Life is a mix of work and play. You've found play...

~Li>[/indent]

Then I sent an email to loki@microsoft.com and got back:

[indenfrom Loki . (Confidential) <v-loki@microsoft.com> 10:20 pm (30 minutes ago)

to <removed>@gmail.com>

date Jan 9, 2007 10:20 PM

subject Out of Office:

mailed-by smtp.microsoft.com

Hmmm. Not quite what I had in mind. Try harder - then listen closely.

~Li>[/indent]

I think the intent is either a sound file to find or a phone number to call, but I am stumped (and a bit foggy eyed at this poin:wacko:o: ) and must go get rest. I thought I'd at least throw this out there....

-K

its important to distuingiush between someone running this game and someone who is in it. loki is a character in the game playing the part of a person running it, but shes not actually running it

heh :alien:

I just watched the video for the umpteenth time and I noticed something. Loki gave the clues in the exact reverse order that the puzzles were listed. Something to keep in mind for the next set of clues.

guys on the vanishingpoint.com website for the first box, is a HD save as link for the video

can one of you guys with a decent resolution (my laptop wont show the link to save) please paste the link for me so i can download the HD version?

Cheers :)

Evening all,

In that extremely brightened pic above can anyone else read a number in the 3rd (01.20) box, 7612 ?X

I am not seeing things am I

I don't see anything....where in the box?

I don't see anything....where in the box?

there isnt, it was just jpeg artifacting, as i compressed the image lots. re-upped the image - less compression on it now