The PRE game fun...

going to the site above you get the heading of leer... king leer?

leer means empty and is german.

Looks like vloki.com reroutes to vloki.de

Jabba

mm i think i got something here

to get the answer to calander you do this right.

Loki mentions calendars, and starts reciting the months June, January, April, March, May, and February. These months correspond with the numbers on the crumpled sheet of paper to the right of the calendar. All of the numbers are to be filled in, so fill in the 3rd, the 10th, and the 24th for June, and so on.

Now, each of the calendar months have certain dates on them, and each one matches up with another month, much like a puzzle. However, May and June connect in 3D to April and February, which forms a cube.

calendars.jpg(from unfiction forum)

And this is what we came up with. (Thanks thebruce!) If you actually take the time to make that (or you're just a genius like strifey), you find a questionmark and an exclamation point drawn on it.

!?

The Answer is INTERROBANG

well if you look at this what do you see??

post-138514-1168405763.jpg(posted a page or so back)

I am leaning towards the meta puzzle NOT being a telephone thing for the fact it would be something I think for a global competition they would have thought of this and in that scenario us overseas people are not likely to be 'hacking' the Microsoft IVR or other telephone numbers in the US.

If we were 100% sure of the answer then we would call the number in a flash, but we are not going to run up a dozen or more test phone calls, NOT.

Typically with many competitions that are US based but still open to other countries this may be the case, but with video events physically around the globe I simply do not see it being limited to an overseas telephone number and as such I see it all internet based so that every eligable contestent is on an even chance of winning so to speak.

I am leaning towards the meta puzzle NOT being a telephone thing for the fact it would be something I think for a global competition they would have thought of this and in that scenario us overseas people are not likely to be 'hacking' the Microsoft IVR or other telephone numbers in the US.

If we were 100% sure of the answer then we would call the number in a flash, but we are not going to run up a dozen or more test phone calls, NOT.

Typically with many competitions that are US based but still open to other countries this may be the case, but with video events physically around the globe I simply do not see it being limited to an overseas telephone number and as such I see it all internet based so that every eligable contestent is on an even chance of winning so to speak.

i agree, she said she would contact you, and you need to give here a answer(so you not phoning her). but she may phone you, as when you setup you account they asked for a phone number. nokia phoned people when i was doing the nokia game and that was a world round game

Microsoft's main office is a toll-free number, silly. And using a tool like Skype, you could call it incredibly cheaply or even free. Oh, and for what it's worth, Microsoft uses five digit extension numbers. Aaron Coldiron's mistaken e-mail verifies that. Hmmm ...

Edited by SuperRob

A request, to broadcast the Sydney live feed, I need some servers, about 3 would be great, as I can only host so...many people. If your a person that has a good connection and will be around when the Sydney event is live, or have a server that you have root access too (this would be perfect) please PM me the details of the connection and ill start getting this thing going. There will be no live cast unless people donate there bandwidth.

I am still looking for a wireless connection in Sydney, so anyone with unwired willing to give it up for the morning please PM me.

Microsoft's main office is a toll-free number, silly. And using a tool like Skype, you could call it incredibly cheaply or even free. Oh, and for what it's worth, Microsoft uses five digit extension numbers. Aaron Coldiron's mistaken e-mail verifies that. Hmmm ...

I skipped a few pages, so I might have missed something about why it needs to be 5 digits :p, but if you're refering to the pre-game code, the 5-digit one was a fluke. It was really a 4-digit code with the order scrambled to use 4TH 1ST 2ND 3RD letters. their system just looked at the first 4 digits. I tried it earlier and verified that was true.

Microsoft's main office is a toll-free number, silly.

Urm, the same still stands though... its only toll-free to those in the US. Anyone calling a US toll-free number from outside the US is charged and international rate...

Urm, the same still stands though... its only toll-free to those in the US. Anyone calling a US toll-free number from outside the US is charged and international rate...

OK, but your logic is still flawed. A phone number was used in the pre-game. It stands to reason that you might have to use one again, and as I said, there are ways to call to the US from any location for free (lots of them, actually). Plus, this is a BONUS prize not connected directly to the main game, so having to go a little further doesn't surprise me at all.

Anyone else having a problem logging in this morning? I enter my ID & password, then the characters from the annoying graphic, and it sudden is asking for everything all over again, and again...

Anyone else having a problem logging in this morning? I enter my ID & password, then the characters from the annoying graphic, and it sudden is asking for everything all over again, and again...

Logging in where

Neowin or vanishing point

Working for me.

Logging in where

Neowin or vanishing point

My bad...I should have said VanishingPointGame. Maybe its a caching thing in FireFox. I'll give IE a shot.