Quick Fix

my dog recently chewed the cat5 cable linking the bedroom to my hub , i use the network to stream video and music to the bedroom as well as to give the bedroom pc internet access via my wingate server , i cant afford, and dont have the time to lay new cable , so i was planning on tidying it up, and soldering and insulating the cable to last for a few months, im trying to make the job as simple as possible though, and i remember some *splitter* devices which allow a sincle cat 5 cable to run 2 connections by adding the splitter at each end, so i assume that only 4 of the 8 cables is actualy used in the 100mbps connection, so i only need to re-connect these 4, this page http://www.duxcw.com/digest/Howto/network/...able/cable5.htm seems to back me up too labeling in the diagrams only 4 of the wires used, and 4 remain unlabelled, can anyone give there input please ?

im going to attempt the butcher in an hour or 2 , when ive got a few stellas in me

thanks,

mark

i feel soo silly poting to this thread again :p to ppl who are interested, yes it works a treat :) :) saved me a few quid for a couple of months :) :)