[Soccer] Winter Transfer Window

I really hope Lucas Neil goes to Liverpool because he is the worst player for Blackburn at the moment. I go to rovers most games and if not, watch it on Football First and how the likes of Liverpool and Barcelona can be interested in him is crazy. He really is terrible and Liverpool are going downhill if they buy him.

Also, i don't particularly like Beckham either, but he is a brilliant player. Crosses, free kicks and passes are among the best in the world and he can win matches just like that, think England vs Greece

Anthony stokes has joined fellow irishman Roy Keane at Sunderland for 2.2m from Arsenal.

I thought Charlton had that transfer wrapped up...lol

West Ham have spoken to Bolton about Tal-Haim and Wright Phillips todays rumours :D

I think a team should go after Messi. I don't really watch football but if he was playing i'd probably watch because he's a really talented player.

He is. But he probably has a ridiculous release clause and probably is worth 25 mil or something.

Shaun Wright-Phillips is understood to have told West Ham that he does not want to move to Upton Park.

The England winger was lined up by The Hammers and the East London outfit were willing to pay big cash for the 25-year-old.

However, skysports.com understand that Wright-Phillips has stated that he does not want to join West Ham.

Wright-Phillips's rejection will give hope to the likes of Newcastle and Aston Villa that they could yet land the former Manchester City flyer.

However, it is far from clear whether Chelsea will agree to any loan deal - which at this stage looks the only option open to both Newcastle and Villa.

I dont blame him...honestly it doesnt matter if you pay him 80k a week he aint gonna come...

He is. But he probably has a ridiculous release clause and probably is worth 25 mil or something.

I remember reading about his release clause, its 104 million euro's.

Its quite shocking :|

I dont blame him...honestly it doesnt matter if you pay him 80k a week he aint gonna come...

If I was SWP I would probably sign for West Ham, simply because they are a nicely run club, have good fans and would be guaranteed to play. The same could be said for Newcastle, although they are a little less stable to be honest.

I thought he would take the first opportunity to leave Chelsea.

If I was SWP I would probably sign for West Ham, simply because they are a nicely run club, have good fans and would be guaranteed to play. The same could be said for Newcastle, although they are a little less stable to be honest.

I thought he would take the first opportunity to leave Chelsea.

Yeah I wanted him there he was probably the only transfer I wanted to see go to West Ham in the window because the lack of AMR's at west ham but now he will probably go on loan to Newcastle...Mourinho was clever he has played SWP the last few weeks making him rethink the decision thats why he probably turned us down...

Nigel Quashie has become Alan Curbishley's second signing as West Ham manager after moving to Upton Park from West Brom.

After the two clubs concurred on a ?1.5million fee for the Scotland international, Quashie wasted little time in signing a three-and-a-half year contract with the Premiership strugglers.

Great *rolls eyes*

Great *rolls eyes*

Quashie is a pretty poor player, cant seem to stay at any club for long. I think he had stints at Pompey, Southampton and Norwich in a short space of time. Must mean Mascherano is leaving ;).

Quashie is a pretty poor player, cant seem to stay at any club for long. I think he had stints at Pompey, Southampton and Norwich in a short space of time. Must mean Mascherano is leaving ;).

Yeah that or Reo Coker...we turned down a bid from Spurs for Reo Coker...lol

Yeah that or Reo Coker...we turned down a bid from Spurs for Reo Coker...lol

You should keep Reo Coker, he is a cracking little player, Captain of your club, is relatively young and can only get better! If you were to sell him then you should aim to get at least 10 million for him.

I hope Mascherano comes to Liverpool though, even if only on a loan!

You should keep Reo Coker, he is a cracking little player, Captain of your club, is relatively young and can only get better! If you were to sell him then you should aim to get at least 10 million for him.

I hope Mascherano comes to Liverpool though, even if only on a loan!

Doesnt seem like they are budging on letting him move...but you never know :D

Liverpool are trying to sign some starlet from Scotland I hear?

Doesnt seem like they are budging on letting him move...but you never know :D

Liverpool are trying to sign some starlet from Scotland I hear?

Yup we are after Jamie McCarthy, a striker, who looks to be a decent prospect for the future. He is only 16 though, so you never know how he will turn out.

That Anthony Stokes who signed for Sunderland from Arsenal looks to be a good player! He is the top scorer in the SPL this season I believe.

Yeah I do like Stokes think West Ham should of bid he's fast and thats something we could of benefited from :(

Liverpool also signed that young Boca player as well didnt they...Issua or Insua something like?

Phillips is so cocky he really thinks hes the best winger in the world :laugh:

Stokes must be average if Wenger let him go at 18.

Yeah I do like Stokes think West Ham should of bid he's fast and thats something we could of benefited from :(

Liverpool also signed that young Boca player as well didnt they...Issua or Insua something like?

Yup, a young Argentian left back if I remember correctly, probably signed him as a mate for Paletta :p.. We probably will not see him for a few years though, he will just be learning his trade in the reserves.

There are more rumours flying around about El Masch as well...

Juventus are ready to concede defeat in their bid to snatch Javier Mascherano from under the noses of Liverpool, but skysports.com understands that the Premiership side are yet to petition Fifa regarding any transfer of the West Ham man.

The Reds are known to be keen on recruiting the Argentinian international on loan for the remainder of the season, but recent reports had suggested that long-standing admirers Juventus were launching a renewed bid to lure the midfielder to Italy.

Hammers boss Alan Curbishley has stated his belief that Mascherano, and international colleague Carlos Tevez, would not be leaving Upton Park due to Fifa regulations that prevent players performing for three clubs between 1st July and 30th June.

Despite the problems regarding red tape, Liverpool are believed to be hopeful of finding a way around the regulations in order to secure the signature of the player who made such an impression at Corinthians before seeing his form slump at Upton Park.

Now The Reds appear to be in pole position to land Mascherano after Juve's general director Alessio Secco confirmed that the MSI-owned star is close to a move to Anfield.

"Mascherano? It is a complicated situation either on a federal level or for his ownership," Secco told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Anyway now he is really close to Liverpool."

Following the Bianconeri's admission, only the outstanding legal issues with Fifa appear to be standing in the way of the holding midfielder completing a loan move to Anfield.

However, skysports.com has learnt that Fifa's legal department are yet to receive any correspondence from the Premiership club.

I just wish we would hurry up and get him, I hate signings that drag on!

Yup, a young Argentian left back if I remember correctly, probably signed him as a mate for Paletta :p.. We probably will not see him for a few years though, he will just be learning his trade in the reserves.

There are more rumours flying around about El Masch as well...

I just wish we would hurry up and get him, I hate signings that drag on!

Yeah I reminds me of Ashley Cole Saga and the Michael Essien one...I think West Ham should just contact MSI and say release them and they can choose their path its not we are gonna get anything from the transfer as far as I heard its 80% of the transfer that goes to Kia :unsure:

Pompey seem to be getting some faces in now

Arnold Mvuemba from Rennes. On Loan - U21 midfielder. We now have a pretty good midfield with nearly a second team.

You could say our first team is M Taylor - Mendes - Davies - G O'niel and secondly Krancjar - Huges - Mvuemba - Thompson

We also signed Djimi Traore for a rumor of 1mill. Hopefully he can fit in to a defence when needed. This brings the fit players that can play in defence to 6.

We also may be getting Sulley Ali Muntari

Liverpool been busy again!!!...lol...A Swedish Starlet and a Italian Goalkeeper...its about time West Ham bought someone else...Mascherano is in tommorows team against Fulham...he may have a future!!!

Liverpool been busy again!!!...lol...A Swedish Starlet and a Italian Goalkeeper...its about time West Ham bought someone else...Mascherano is in tommorows team against Fulham...he may have a future!!!

hes top of juve hitlist... no rush tho until they are back in Serie A :|

Well he was picked for the 22 and didnt play...probably wouldnt of let Christinval score that last minute equaliser...think this week Curbs is gonna be busy in the market :)