Long Distance Wireless Network

If I were to purchase a wireless router or access point, what accessories or equipment would I need to make the wireless network signal extend really far?... around a block's distance?.. :blink: .. if its even possible..

if not, what's the most distance possible?

thanks ;)

If I were to purchase a wireless router or access point, what accessories or equipment would I need to make the wireless network signal extend really far?... around a block's distance?.. :blink: .. if its even possible..

if not, what's the most distance possible?

thanks ;)

get 802.11a not b

5GHz Is a much Stronger and better signal and much faster too.

72Mbps and you'll get a much better distance out of it.

Linksys and D-Link now have Combonation 2.4/5GHz Routers, get one of those :)

here is the one from linksys... http://www.linksys.com/products/product.as...rid=23&prid=476

802.11B network usually go about 1000 FEET outside (plain field, not the busy area of a city) Some even claim 1500 FEET which is pretty good i guess. If you want to go out in your backyard the signal should go pretty far depending on where tha access point is.

Any equipment should do but i'd get linksys equipment as it's cheap and good :) Dlink left a bad taste in my mouth after i got my ex one...

if you got the money then yeah, get 802.11A as you can go further but of-course it's much more expensive.