Style XP not registering

well, considering you are a customer of theirs, it would probably be best to call them up, explain what happened, and get a new key.

or just use the uxtheme patch :shifty:

did the patch. I'm sure i read that it means you don't then need a code for StyleXP. Anyway, installed Style XP after applying the patch, and well, it didn't appear to work. Still said i had a 30 day trial.

If you really want it; Buy it. Stop trying to "crack" it.

The patch were refering to patches your uxtheme.dll. That will allow you to use unsigned themes much like StyleXP only its FREE.

Edited by simpleyred

he may have had a serial key from before. let's not go around assuming things.

did the patch. I'm sure i read that it means you don't then need a code for StyleXP. Anyway, installed Style XP after applying the patch, and well, it didn't appear to work. Still said i had a 30 day trial.

stylexp and the patch do the same thing. if you patch, you don't need stylexp.

read: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=339820

Well, if anyone has read about tgtsoft with the last year or so, you would know that they almost never return emails regarding serial numbers and hardware changes. They take the stance that if your serial number doesn't work anymore that it is because you did something wrong or it is a crack and it's not their problem. Either way its a pain in the ass to get help from the company.

Wrong. You don't need Style XP with the patch

having never really used that file then, how do you apply visual styles, boot screens and logon pages as those are the only 3 mods i use.

you apply visual styles using the regular xp visual syle selector (the patch simply allows you to use themes not signed by microsoft, themes that work with style XP work with this because style xp does the same thing), just place the files in C:\windows\resources\themes, they should show up when you go to the control panel to change the theme, if not just double click the theme file and that works too, the patch can't apply bootscreens/ logon pages but there is freeware that allows you to do so

Bootscreens: http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/

Logon screens: http://www.stardock.com/products/logonstudio/

Well, if anyone has read about tgtsoft with the last year or so, you would know that they almost never return emails regarding serial numbers and hardware changes. They take the stance that if your serial number doesn't work anymore that it is because you did something wrong or it is a crack and it's not their problem. Either way its a pain in the ass to get help from the company.

That's because they thought they had this nice little system for their product keys that was secure, but it didn't take people long to figure out how it worked and generate their own keys every time they needed a new one.

I used to be a paying customer but after requesting a key for the 6th time after many hardware changes/formats they stopped returning my emails so i switched to the patcher.

You couldn't even get a new code without supplying your old one and they knew if you gave them a fake/mistyped something.

It's just poor customer relations to leave all their consumers in the dark due to their own failures and cockiness.

Not that anyone should even bother using their software, if i had known about the patcher when I was purchasing their software I could have saved myself some money.