Microsoft Tv/video Connection

Hey guys, this week I just reinstalled XP with SP1 slipstreamed and got something I need some help with.

In my network properties I now have a second LAN adapeter called Microsoft TV/Video Connection. What the heck is that? Worse than me not knowing what the heck it is it tries to access the internet. MS says that it could be made by installing a digital camera, but I don't have one, and also says that restarting the pc will get rid of it, which it hasn't.

I am able to disable the file sharing part of it, but want to know what the heck it is and why I have one now, when I never did before.

If anyone can help me out I appreciate it.

PS computer was virus and trojaned scaned to be on the safe side.

Hey guys, this week I just reinstalled XP with SP1 slipstreamed and got something I need some help with.

In my network properties I now have a second LAN adapeter called Microsoft TV/Video Connection. What the heck is that? Worse than me not knowing what the heck it is it tries to access the internet. MS says that it could be made by installing a digital camera, but I don't have one, and also says that restarting the pc will get rid of it, which it hasn't.

I am able to disable the file sharing part of it, but want to know what the heck it is and why I have one now, when I never did before.

If anyone can help me out I appreciate it.

PS computer was virus and trojaned scaned to be on the safe side.

nothing to worry about, it eventually disappears.

i had it for a little while then it went bye bye too..

:)

Digital Cameras, TV Tuners, VIVO Video Cards, will create this connection.

Lol mine just went away as well, I just wanna know why it would appear at random, I don't like the os doing funky stuff in the background hehe.

Thanks

Lol mine just went away as well, I just wanna know why it would appear at random, I don't like the os doing funky stuff in the background hehe.

Thanks

Operating Systems are always doing something, without your knowledge :)

Thanks

Operating Systems are always doing something, without your knowledge :)

Well maybe without your knowledge............. ;)