Windows 98se Bootable Cdrom

I have a computer that does not have a floppy disk drive and i need to make a bootable windows98se cdrom.

Before when I had to install 98se, i would just use a bootable floppy, but now that is out of the question.

The windows 98se CD that i have now, has all the cab files and setup stuff, i just need to make it bootable.

Thanks

just make a dos boot disk (ie 98se startup disk) floppy

and use that

i know u said u dont have a floppy drive

i mean use the image of the boot disk and burn that to the cd

i have done this with ez cd creator

i cant remember for sure butt it might just create a file named boot.img on the cd

or something close

• 3 weeks later...

woah. this is like 3 weeks old. :) and i don't think anyone has noticed that he doesn't have a floppy drive. but if you're tracking this thread or you manage to find it again, i'd look into using nero to make your bootable disc. i think it has a floppy emulation thing, and if you can get an image of a win98 startup floppy, you could do that. or i'd just break down and spend the 8 bucks to get a floppy drive. or borrow one. or take one. or pop the drive in another computer and make it bootable and copy the files.

I have a computer that does not have a floppy disk drive and i need to make a bootable windows98se cdrom.

Before when I had to install ?98se, i would just use a bootable floppy, but now that is out of the question.

The windows 98se CD that i have now, has all the ?cab files and setup stuff, ?i just need to make it bootable. ?

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------

download a boot floppy image from http://www.bootdisk.com, and use that

and use that

i cant remember for sure butt it might just create a file named boot.img on the cd

or something close

Both of you are freaken slow, lay off the drugs.

he does not have a floppy drive!!

Before when I had to install  98se, i would just use a bootable floppy, but now that is out of the question.

The windows 98se CD that i have now, has all the  cab files and setup stuff,  i just need to make it bootable.  

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------

download a boot floppy image from http://www.bootdisk.com, and use that

and use that

or something close

Both of you are freaken slow, lay off the drugs.

he does not have a floppy drive!!

Put 2 and 2 together......

"download a boot floppy image" + "i mean use the image of the boot disk and burn that to the cd" = "download the boot floppy image and put it on the cd"

sheesh

it is obviously a warezed cd because real windows 98 cds are already bootable.

My only solution is to go to something called a shop and buy a legal copy of windows.

Naaaaa...thats too hard and costs money...:D :D :D...I used that website that Samoa mentioned (http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/) back when I downloaded Windows XP Pro a month before it was officially released. Their bootCD How-to is VERY straight forward, plus its asy to use and understand... :punk::punk::punk: