Unreal Tournament 2007 (Name Changed)

I wasn't really directing my post at you ynnoj. More towards NegaC who said he didn't like vehicles in multiplayer shooters. Which doesn't make sense to me considering there are several gametypes sans vehicles that he could choose.

Oh no, I didn't mean I want them removed from the game or anything! I just meant I don't like them, I know they're quite popular, that's why I asked am I the only one. That's why I generally choose to avoid them, my choice, as you said.

I'm just a good ol' deathmatch kinda guy.

Can't wait to have a reason to get into PC gaming again :D.

edit: I just now read that it's coming to the 360 too.. I've always consider UT to be a PC title but hmmm.. it's a tough choice. If they Live! Anywhere enable it then I just might get it for both.... :ninja:

Edited by vlsi0n

Yeah, to each their own, but Onslaught was by far my favorite mode of UT2K4. Thought it was brilliant.

Yeah, vehicle spam was the thing that generally angered me. That and just being randomly run down from behind by those hovercraft things, and then being continuously raped by the flying vehicles which were impossible to take down. Maybe I just sucked.

I'll stick to CTF ;)

Yeah, it happens to me too. It's terrible when the teams are so unbalanced but I just enjoy Onslaught because it's so objective based. So is CTF but Onslaught has so many variations for me that it keeps me hooked. But CTF still rocks.

Oh no, I didn't mean I want them removed from the game or anything! I just meant I don't like them, I know they're quite popular, that's why I asked am I the only one. That's why I generally choose to avoid them, my choice, as you said.

I'm just a good ol' deathmatch kinda guy.

DM is awesome too. I've been playing a lot of Freeze Tag lately. I have been going to more objective based gameplay over the last few years, that's why I'm such a big Onslaught and Assault fan. It's more fun for me.

are they goign to make it so PC an Xbox can play agianst/with eachother? Because I read somewhere that Microsoft wanted to do that with some games...this would be a good one to do it with :)

are they goign to make it so PC an Xbox can play agianst/with eachother? Because I read somewhere that Microsoft wanted to do that with some games...this would be a good one to do it with :)

That would be sweet. We'd shove it in their xbox faces! :D

Oh I would love that. It would be like playing against people with crutches for PC gamers ;D

Unreal Tournament III: RELEASE DATE

30th June 2007

Source 1: PC

Source 2: Xbox 360

If that's true, sweet. I thought they renamed UT2007 to UT3 because the release date will be pushed to 2008. :shiftyninja:

Not sure, but I do know that user-created maps done on the PC will also be available to PS3 users.

WHAT!

Onslaught is THE best game mode ever!!! Of course, in UT3 it'll be called Conquest and much larger maps. The only reason I play UT2004 is for ONS, so I'm hoping in UT3, the CON will be even better.

i agree, that mode really made the game for me. the only reason i bought it... i was bored of your regular FPS... run around pick up weapons and kill each other.

i agree, that mode really made the game for me. the only reason i bought it... i was bored of your regular FPS... run around pick up weapons and kill each other.

You just dont understand the depth of TDM... establishing map control and timing each of the items is key to victory, not just running around and picking up weapons and killing each other.

Unreal Tournament 2007 sounds nice now, but wait a few years. UT2004 is still a great game, but having 2004 in the title makes it sound really old. I think that's one of the reasons Microsoft dropped using dates in their Windows names. I wish they had come up with something more creative than Unreal Tournament III though.

I hope that isn't the final logo, because that is a total Quake III ripoff.

Unreal Tournament 2007 sounds nice now, but wait a few years. UT2004 is still a great game, but having 2004 in the title makes it sound really old. I think that's one of the reasons Microsoft dropped using dates in their Windows names. I wish they had come up with something more creative than Unreal Tournament III though.

I hope that isn't the final logo, because that is a total Quake III ripoff.

What like?

UT: Reloaded?

UT: The Beginning?

UT: Resurrection?

UT: Revenge?

UT: Annihilation?

Personally, I like Unreal Tournament III. It's simple. Even though it should be IV, but still.

gears of bored.

lol, that's terrible.

And if you're expecting a decent single player mode from a UT game, you'll be disappointed. It's all about the multiplayer.

Here is to hope,Epic makes a real game and not some short piece of junk like gears of bored.

Short piece of junk that's nabbed plenty of nominations and awards. :p Okay.

lol, that's terrible.

And if you're expecting a decent single player mode from a UT game, you'll be disappointed. It's all about the multiplayer.

well from the interviews and such it sounds like they really beefed up the single player mode and instead of it just being a tournament your actually fighting in a war agianst the Necris people...heres to hoping it is better than 2k4's SP mode :)

well from the interviews and such it sounds like they really beefed up the single player mode and instead of it just being a tournament your actually fighting in a war agianst the Necris people...heres to hoping it is better than 2k4's SP mode :)

Actually, thinking about it that would make sense, considering it's now on 360 and due to the success of GoW.

However, multiplayer is definately where UT shines (and is remembered for), and I still think it will be the case for 2007.

I'm glad they changed the name. UT2004 is the best arena style multiplayer FPS to date by far...but I bet a lot of people shopping for a new FPS won't go near it now because the name does make it sound dated.

Umm we could debate all day whether UT2003 = UT2 while UT2004 should = UT3... I kinda saw UT2004 as just an expansion to UT2003 with a slightly improved engine (but the same engine none the less). They even offered a pretty good discount on the price for anyone who already owned UT2003 when UT2004 was released if memory serves me correctly.

I liked the name 2007 better, but eh who cares having the game quality is more important. Id much rather have a better game with a name i dont like that the opposite. Cheers to the new ut game, whatever the name will be.

I'm glad they changed the name. UT2004 is the best arena style multiplayer FPS to date by far...but I bet a lot of people shopping for a new FPS won't go near it now because the name does make it sound dated.

Umm we could debate all day whether UT2003 = UT2 while UT2004 should = UT3... I kinda saw UT2004 as just an expansion to UT2003 with a slightly improved engine (but the same engine none the less). They even offered a pretty good discount on the price for anyone who already owned UT2003 when UT2004 was released if memory serves me correctly.

UT2004 better than Quake III? :blink: