D-link DWL-G120 and Vista?

In short, the XP drivers do not work - it says something went wrong with reading the nfo. I've read into it and apparently people had this problem with previous versions and RTM didn't change anything. My question is, does anyone know of a solution, an alternate driver (same chipset maybe?) or any prevision for official D-Link Vista drivers?

Thanks in advance, this is keeping me from being able to use Vista :/

• 2 weeks later...

The D-Link DWL-G120 Revision B1 does work with 32-bit Vista. The latest 3.00 drivers are on D-Link Taiwan's site, http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/ModelDocu.asp?Sour...&sno=NSNTBN . Extract the archive, use Vista's Device Manager, select the device (probably shown as Unknown Device), and then use Update Driver and navigate to the Drivers folder of the downloaded driver. Do not use the setup.exe file bundled with the driver. This driver also gives the adapter WPA security.

I have the DWL-G132 and spoke to D-Link (UK) last week.

They said the drivers for their products won't be released until at least the end of March.

This is the only thing stopping me from upgrading my Laptop to Vista (everything else I need is available - but no use without the wireless connection)

Do you know if the drivers mentioned work with the G132 as well (I'd be happy even if they downgrade the speed from 108 to 54)

Thanks.

I have the DWL-G132 and spoke to D-Link (UK) last week.

They said the drivers for their products won't be released until at least the end of March.

This is the only thing stopping me from upgrading my Laptop to Vista (everything else I need is available - but no use without the wireless connection)

Do you know if the drivers mentioned work with the G132 as well (I'd be happy even if they downgrade the speed from 108 to 54)

Thanks.

I also have the DWL-G132 Rev A, and the latest drivers off of Dlink (US) site work fine with Vista. Using driver version 1.5.202.3 (released: 10/12/2006)

I also have the DWL-G132 Rev A, and the latest drivers off of Dlink (US) site work fine with Vista. Using driver version 1.5.202.3 (released: 10/12/2006)

Thanks for the info.

Mines Rev 3A - but if yours work OK I'll give it a go.

Thanks again.

Do you have a link.

All I can find is V1.21 released on 16th Nov.

I downloaded the latest driver and installed it from D-link's website, then ran Windows Update and it found an even more up to date driver then the one I just installed. That was the only way I could get 1.5.