Penny Arcade Cartoon this week..Hilarious

Funny you mentioned possibly doing that, as I was thinking the same thing walking around today since I was shopping with my fiance, as once again I saw them in stock at every store they could be in stock. So I was thinking of taking pictures, especially since with a cell phone with a digital camera it would really be easy.

So if others are down, I do think it would be really interesting to see just how many PS3's Neowin members can find in stock.

On second though...it may just be a waist of Neowin bandwidth :p

The comic strip has already made the point... and does it really surprise anyone that the CEO doesn't have a clue? CEOs make stupid statements like this all the time in reality.

The comic strip has already made the point... and does it really surprise anyone that the CEO doesn't have a clue? CEOs make stupid statements like this all the time in reality.

That may be true, but I'd like to quote Tycho on the subject of what even a clueless CEO should have done.

If there is stock, you don't say that there isn't stock. You don't say this ever. You can say there isn't as much stock "as people are saying," which isn't strong but creates doubt. You could say that the stock is primarily the 20GB model, because the response to the "consumer proposition" on the "premium model" was "stronger than they expected." I feel kind of dirty now. But the right response, the one that makes a "ding ding ding" sound, is that the stock exists not because it hasn't sold, but because they are being bought and swiftly replaced by new stock. Also, if there's more time in the interview? Say that you're "leveraging synergies." Synergies are basically awesome, and they're even better when you leverage them.

Difference between the two lies is that one actually seems believable. Even a clueless CEO should be able to figure out which one to say to the public.

-Spenser

From blog:

I?m estimating that Jack Tretton owes me about $72,000 as I count about 60 units (actually it?s probably 63). While it may look like there?s one missing, and that might lead you to think it has been sold, you would be wrong. I joked to one of the blue shirts, ?I guess you sold one!? He just shook his head and pointed me over to the PS accessories section, where the PS3 box had been placed on the floor, ostensibly after its carrier realized the price was per unit and not per stack of 60.

:rofl:

Great cartoon. We should all collectively sue Jackie-boy and force him to pay up :devil:

it is not difficult to find out around here because no one wants one. you cannot find a Wii or a 360 anywhere though

Exactly. No sane person wants this overpriced piece of junk :laugh:

PS3's are easier to find than DS Lites. I was at Walmart last month, looking to get a DS Lite and FF3. All I could get was FF3, since I haven't seen a DS Light in 3 months or so... anywhere. There were 4 PS3's in stock. Two 20 GB versions and two 60 GB versions. While I waited a good 20 minutes or so for the one guy who worked the department to open the game case for me, there was one person that was going to buy a 60 GB PS3. He changed his mind before paying for it though.