Running my PC without a case.

Hey guys! hows it goin? ok so.. i've got this amazingly beautiful case and all but it's a screwless design and honestly it's complete crap. i was wondering.. how easy/hard would it be for me to setup my PC with no case. what precausions would i need to take etc? has anyone ever tried this before? can i just lay the whole thing out on a desk or do i need a large peice of wood/metal to put it on.

Thanks for all your help. :p

BTW. the PC in question:

ASUS M2N32-SLi

AMD Athlon X2 5000+

2GB DDR2-800 RAM

XFX 7600GT

and 3 hard drives

Yes, I've done it... I left mine on top of my motherboard's box, on the antistatic sponge thingy. lol Although I did that until I got a case.

What up Narc :p Back to the subject: I can be done, the only problem is that is not so easy to turn on :p and dust will cover it all if you don't take good care of it.

I would STRONGLY advise against it. Common households have a TON of dust and this will go right into your system... it is hard enough keeping dust out with a case... this is like welcoming dust on to your most fragile parts.

Also, you could potentially spill coffee/soda/water onto it and it will be entertaining (the sizzling sound), but you will lose your computer.

And, if you have any pets, make sure they do not go trying to make a home in there (haha)

Conclusion = Keep the case on... its like asking if you need to keep your pants on... well maybe not... your call!

I don't have a case for mine, it just runs on my desk. Its a wooden desk and the mobo just sits on that... to turn it on just stick a screwdriver on the jump to trip it.

If I used the computer everyday I would get a case though, but its only on once or twice a month :|

Actually, I do it all the time to test things... it's pretty easy, just look in your motherboard manual to see where the power button connects to, it should be two little pins sticking out under your IDE connectors, beside your PCI slots. Just short these, and your computer should boot ^^

never done it before, but had a friend who did and it got all sticky from all the soda cans he was opening and them spewing all over it. hehe

LOVE the pics though.. Would like to see some more no case pc pics