Grand Theft Auto IV

Last night was pure nuts!

I was here in the background trying to get links and that coz the site was just doing nothing!!

The matey who linked everyone to the LA Niore Trailer, haha, that was funny! I waited and downloaded that trailer thinking it was GTA4! I was like, WTF IS THIS RUBBISH! SET IN GODFATHER PERIOD! NOT HAPPY!

Then I saw screenshots of the trailer and thinking, am I watching the right one as I see no train? haha.

BUt man, I watched the GTA4 trailer at about 11:30pm last night and I am impressed. It looks good but not AS good as I was thinking it would. But I am happy and with 7 months till its release it will only get better!

ah right you can attach a keyboard and mouse via bluetooth nice. Can ya connect a wireless one to it or is it the same thing?

Might partake in purchasing one when the price gets vastly reduced not paying ?425 for it.

When he said ps3 only just got released he means in the UK

im not buying a console i hate the controllers, if they brought out a keyboard and mouse for it yeah maybe, but in about 6months to a year the ps3 will look old compared to PC graphics anyway, btw i hate consoles :D

the nintendo wii looks good lotsa ppl says it wicked for gameplay, really fun. My mate should be getting one soon seeing as they sold out of the wii on all online sites in the uk last week - or so he says anyway. That looks fun but xbox and ps3 dont really interest me.

Aint had a console since the N64, starfox 4tw, and goldeneye for the uber multiplayer funage

Stop being such a baby :p , there's nothing wrong with consoles. And unless you plan on upgrading your hardware every 6 months the average PC won't look better than a 360 or a PS3 for long while yet. And it's not like there graphics are bad.

And controllers are eeeeeeeeasy!! You have to be quite uncoordinated to have difficulty.

im not sure if i like the fact that it is liberty city, i means its a good town in number three but to go from a enormous map from san andreas to the small map of liberty city will be a bit weird, i do hope they have expanded somewhat somehow... i mean i wonder were all the the new monuments like the time square bit will go...

I doubt they'll just port the map from GTAIII, I think we can expect a huuuuge map.

Last night was pure nuts!

I was here in the background trying to get links and that coz the site was just doing nothing!!

The matey who linked everyone to the LA Niore Trailer, haha, that was funny! I waited and downloaded that trailer thinking it was GTA4! I was like, WTF IS THIS RUBBISH! SET IN GODFATHER PERIOD! NOT HAPPY!

Then I saw screenshots of the trailer and thinking, am I watching the right one as I see no train? haha.

BUt man, I watched the GTA4 trailer at about 11:30pm last night and I am impressed. It looks good but not AS good as I was thinking it would. But I am happy and with 7 months till its release it will only get better!

I hate the guy that linked that i downloaded and tried to watch that at about half past 11. dint get the proper version untill nearlu 10 past 12 (i had to watch it with headphones instead of surround sound since my GF fell asleep waiting)

Let the person who linked it DIE in pure hell

i am a HUGE GTA fan, HUGE, i love the games. After seeing the video, I am super stoked for part 4! But i was wondering does anyone think the graphics are too good in the video to be running on 360 hardware? I have a feeling that it was running on PS3 hardware, it just looks like a lot to process and i hope my little 360 can handle it ;)

i am a HUGE GTA fan, HUGE, i love the games. After seeing the video, I am super stoked for part 4! But i was wondering does anyone think the graphics are too good in the video to be running on 360 hardware? I have a feeling that it was running on PS3 hardware, it just looks like a lot to process and i hope my little 360 can handle it ;)

Well if Saints Row ran on the 360 then I would think GTA4 would too since right now it only has better HDR lighting

Those graphics aren't really impressive. The only reason I figure the trailer's from a PS3 is because there were more jaggies than I usually see in 360 games. :p

i was just thinking, wish they'd bring back the top down view like they did in GTA3.. just because its a classic.

Well if Saints Row ran on the 360 then I would think GTA4 would too since right now it only has better HDR lighting

i dont own saints row, but i downloaded the demo, and i felt like it ran a little choppy at times. Did anyone else feel the same way?

i dont own saints row, but i downloaded the demo, and i felt like it ran a little choppy at times. Did anyone else feel the same way?

yeah, the demo did, but the original copy ran very smooth, even with lots and lots of things going on on screen. (at least in my case)

yeah, the demo did, but the original copy ran very smooth, even with lots and lots of things going on on screen. (at least in my case)

---Until you fired your RPG and it all went boom-boom

No machine can handle that :D

And Take-Two (Rockstars' publisher) was taken over last night......well, the board was :p

TAKE CONTROL

HOLDERS WIN EXECUTIVE SHAKE-UP AT VIDEO MAKER

Take-Two Interactive Software's long-suffering shareholders finally took charge of the boardroom yesterday.

Investors at the company's annual meeting at the Hotel Gansevoort took decisive steps by putting in a handpicked management team and board of directors.

A majority of shareholders led by a dissent group of investors controlling almost 50 percent of Take-Two's stock voted to install Strauss Zelnick as chairman and replace current Chief Executive Paul Eibeler with Benjamin Feder, who became acting chief executive officer.

"The first goal is to get to know the company and its employees, to reassure people and create value for shareholders," Zelnick said following the vote.

He said the company will begin conducting a search for a permanent CEO.

Zelnick, who formerly headed Bertelsmann AG's BMG music company and video-game maker Crystal Dynamics Inc., said he doesn't plan to replace the CFO Karl Winters at this time.

From the floor, the group nominated new directors Zelnick, Feder, Michael Dornemann, Jon Moses and Michael Sheresky. Zelnick operates New York-based investment firm Zelnick Media.

Eibeler and his team had led a last-ditch effort to find a buyer to stave off the looming vote.

It recalled the previous two years' worth of failed attempts to get a private equity fund or even a rival video game producer interested in Take-Two.

Leading to the coup was Take-Two losing money for five straight quarters. Its losses are expected to continue as various games and titles continue to do little to support its blockbuster "Grand Theft Auto" franchise.

Perhaps more ominously, Take-Two's multi-year regulatory woes - running the gamut from accounting fraud to options backdating - are no closer to being resolved.

As one member of the hedge fund side of the group told The Post, "Everyone thought someone else was going to assume a leadership role."

Shares of New York-based Take-Two rose $1.36 to $22.46 in extended trading last night. They rose 24 cents to $21.10 in regular Nasdaq trading.

SOURCE

Strauss Zelnick is a former Sony-BMG top-level employee.

i think crackdowns graphics are better than gta IV's...and the framerate is smooth as butter, even on online co-op. the 360 can handle it....

Hehe, I hope you know that the 360 has a superior GPU compared to the PS3. So overall, 360 games will generally look better anyway (even if it's not by that much). But yeah, like someone else pointed out, it's possible it was a PS3 render, since there were a ton of jaggies, but we really don't know. It's possible that it wasn't running on either, and that it was on a dev kit, which is a possibility.

im not buying a console i hate the controllers, if they brought out a keyboard and mouse for it yeah maybe, but in about 6months to a year the ps3 will look old compared to PC graphics anyway, btw i hate consoles :D

the nintendo wii looks good lotsa ppl says it wicked for gameplay, really fun. My mate should be getting one soon seeing as they sold out of the wii on all online sites in the uk last week - or so he says anyway. That looks fun but xbox and ps3 dont really interest me.

Aint had a console since the N64, starfox 4tw, and goldeneye for the uber multiplayer funage

You can hook up any USB keyboard and mouse to a PS3.

Also, in order to get those new graphics, you'll have to spend $600 on a video card (and maybe memory), the same you'd spend on a PS3.