Grand Theft Auto IV

I think the following is complete BS :/

New GTA4 info from a turkish Xbox Magazine

New Details have been revealed today for he next-generation console debut of the genre-defining ?Grand Theft Auto? franchise. These details are from a Turkish Xbox magazine.

1) When you move, there is a slight vibration with every footstep when you run

2) The HUD has been removed- no health or armour indicators, it is all visual- and if you have armour, you actually have a bulletproof vest which visually deteriates

3) Flamethrower and rocket launcher are still in the game

4) Explosions are larger than ever, and there is a mission in the game based on creating an awesome chain reaction of car explosions- apparently this looks awesome

4) Cars dont explode unless you blow them up- ie they wont explode if you just keep crashing or hitting them- you have to rocket launch into them

5) Niko doesnt get tired- you can run forever, it just wont be as fast as previously.

6) more RPG elements, ie - for a mission, you must catch the train at 7pm, and if you dont, you dont get to do that particular mission (they just gave this as an example, the scenario isnt confirmed in the game yet)

7) Gore is back and better, bullet wounds show, blood appears where you shoot people, they limp if you shoot them in the leg, and hold their arm if you shoot their arm. Apparently when you run someone over it is disturbing (but they gave no more detail)

No eating, girlfriends, keeping fit- but your skills do improve over time (driving etc)

9) Secret vehicles and ?plenty of goodies? at 100% completion- no more details given (either not revealed or simply not known yet)

10) Land size is bigger than the 3 cities (not country) in SA put together

11) graphics are better than Saints Row- draw distance is literally as far as you can see

12) new trailer will be on the internet 28th of June

SOURCE

I almost puked after that first one.

Having the controller vibrate everytime you ran would get so annoying!

All magazines have been given the same preview, same footage of the game when they were invited by Rockstar I dont trust them Turksu:ps :p

I almost puked after that first one.

Having the controller vibrate everytime you ran would get so annoying!

All magazines have been given the same preview, same footage of the game when they were invited by Rockstar Games.

I dont trust them Turks :p

I don't think it would a full on rumble, but rather a very slight wobble every time you move. alot of games have things like this you wouldn't really notice.

6) more RPG elements, ie - for a mission, you must catch the train at 7pm, and if you dont, you dont get to do that particular mission (they just gave this as an example, the scenario isnt confirmed in the game yet)

lol, it worked for dead rising, but come on :p

I don't think it would a full on rumble, but rather a very slight wobble every time you move. alot of games have things like this you wouldn't really notice.

Care to give examples? I have never experienced it..

I still believe it is fake.

This is from a thread on GTAForums.com that is now locked.

It Has Already Been Posted a few Days ago, And If I remember Correctly Everything from that Magazine was False. So This Topic (N)

Cant seem to find that other topic he was talking about - GTAForums has no search feature......i think :s

Trailer to go online at 12:00 PM EDT

Posted by adamcs at 22:36.

Rockstar have revealed in their latest email broadcast that next week's trailer, titled "Looking for that special someone", will go online at 12:00 PM EDT on 28th June. That's 5 PM in the UK, and 2 AM (June 29th) in Australia.

3428_gta_iv_trailer_broadcast.jpg

So in case anyone is wondering, that's GMT 5PM (or GMT 17:00)

......I think, time zones are ****** confusing

Aww crap. The day that I go for my trip to the UK is the day the trailer is released. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait to August to see the trailer.

Aww crap. The day that I go for my trip to the UK is the day the trailer is released. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait to August to see the trailer.

What?

They dont have internet in the UK?

Or are you taking a boat, so you wont reach the UK before august? :s

Well I won't be buzzing around waiting come 5 to try and watch this straight away, not after what happened last time. :laugh:
So, the internet dies (again) at 5pm next Thursday? Good job I'm at work.

Yahoo Games will be hosting the trailer this time.

So hopefully they will be able to manage the flood of viewers..

Neat. Grand Theft Auto IV is going to be a refreshing game to be playing after the Saints Row and Crackdown let down.

Let down?

I thought they were great - but different..

anyways

Yahoo! Games Announce Exclusive GTA IV Content

Posted by Adriaan at 15:21.

As most of you already know, the second trailer for GTA IV launches next week on Thursday. However, seems as though you don't have to wait until then to get more details and images of the game. Today we received a press release from Yahoo! Games announcing exclusive content to be published on a special dedicated website of theirs leading up to the trailer release, beginning today June 22. Here's the press release in full...

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV TRAILER PREMIERES EXCLUSIVELY ON YAHOO!

Rockstar Games and Yahoo! Games will launch the world-premiere trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV in high-definition. As the first official full trailer release for the game, fans get an exclusive peek at action-packed game footage from Grand Theft Auto IV. Leading up to the trailer premiere, Yahoo! will celebrate Grand Theft Auto IV with special content including an interview with the creators behind one of the most popular video games of all time and exclusive screenshots from the forthcoming game.

Grand Theft Auto IV trailer premieres on June 28, 2007 at 12 p.m. EST. Get exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV content all week beginning on June 22, 2007.

After getting into contact with Rockstar Games, we learned that the trailer will in fact be available on Rockstar's official GTA IV website at the same time, and naturally many other sources as well. Also, according to them the coverage will in fact start on Monday June 25th, not today as Yahoo! had indicated.

Link:Yahoo! Grand Theft Auto

SOURCE

3 GTA IV Trailers in Total

Posted by adamcs at 16:59.

The latest "1UP Yours" podcast has a snippet from John Davison who recently saw the new IV demo at R*. He said that the latest demo focuses on an updated version of Broker (the area featured in the previous demo) and revealed that R* plan to release 3 trailers in total, meaning there will be one more trailer after "Looking for that special someone," which is due to be released next week. Listen to the clip below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFQTibYVo8c

SOURCE

Interesting podcast - they discuss interiors..

Anyways, how do I embed YouTube videos in my posts?

Ive seen it done on this forum :(

Dan Houser Interview to debut June 27th on Yahoo! Games

Posted by Adriaan at 21:40.

Tension mounted yesterday as the hours went by with Yahoo! Games yet to post anything new GTA IV-related. Late that evening it turned out that all they provided was an article looking back at the previous GTA games...

Tonight we still haven't got anything new from them, but posted an article on "what we know so far". In it they list an exclusive interview to be published tomorrow, June 27th.

Want more GTA details? Check back with Yahoo! Games on June 27 for an exclusive interview with Rockstar VP of creative, Dan Houser.

Both Yahoo! and Rockstar Games stated that the site will in fact provide exclusive content at some point this week -- with R* personally telling us via e-mail -- so we do hope that the interview tomorrow will provide any new details on the game, as well as the promised screenshots. Once it goes live, we'll replace this article with news about it.

SOURCE