Found an IRC Viurs, maybe old

I was looking around in my tasksmenu to see what i could delete and i noticed something called QTASKS.exe, i located it in the c:/winnt/system32/ folder and noticed it had the "old windows logo" i knew that couldn't be right since microsft updated all teh windows logo's in xp. So i looked it up to see if it was a virus and i found that it was an irc trojan! so looked in you tasks menu (ctrl-alt-delete, and get rid of it.

if i remember correctly that is the Xdccbot that runs from the computer i am not sure if it was heres how they got it there.

someone has either done a scan between 2 ip ranges(where you ip was in between these ranges) or they have scanned your ip spacificly

and they have detected that your computer have no admin password or an easy admin password and they have basicly loged on and put an ftp program on your computer , disabled a few things , uploaded the bot and set the configurations (like how much bandwith, so you dont know its there) , once its there it connects to an irc server and starts serving the packs , then in a few days or the next day the "hacker"(if thats what you can call them) connects to your computer threw ftp and upload the latest movies without you even knowing

i would tell you what they disable etc and what programs they use but there are alot of "n00bs" out there who will scan and do this to other people.

there are also a few other methods but this is the most common , but the "hackers"(like i said earlier , if you can call them this) get other people to scan for them because if an admin catches your scanning them , who knows what.....

so stay safe out there , pm me if you need any more help and search google there will be tutorials out there on the scanners so you can scan your own network.